Did I just Gimp Myself unlocking 334 Legendary Implants?!

Kass

My Warzone bolster damage has gone down - it was sitting exactly at 6000 and now it's down to 5797...

Unlocking the Legendary Implant discount seems counter productive in the end...

Am I understanding this correctly, that because of the higher item rating of 334 combined with the bolstering, I'm worse off than if I had just stayed with 328 or 330 Legendary Implants?!

:d_confused:

Edited by Kass

...yes

So then is it correct to assume I need to repurchase 326 Legendary Implants and upgrade them back to 328 - and then stop? Or can you go to 330 and not get gimped?

I wasn't keeping track of stats as I upgraded as closely so I don't know the cutoff

just use some lower something else, bring that gearscore back down. Belts/bracers and relics are a good choice.

These nerds trying to spreadsheet every last stat like its that big of a deal need to simma down. Dad's not going to come back no matter how well you min/max.

This game is so full of random lag, desync and a host of other issues, it doesnt really matter.

Edited by Wimbleton

a 316 relic or slightly higher will work just fine.

I recently figured out the mod, hilt, and enhancement vendor on fleet with pepe. I have unlocked the 2 missions for the 328 gear with the extra pvp pieces I have accumulated.

I watched your vid but had a couple of questions. So to unlock the 230 inserts, I need to run fps or can I use a legendary 330 implant? I have extra 330 implants in storage, why I ask.

Also, I am a little confused about the 334 implants vs the 330 and bolster. Is the difference that significant? In your vid I don't recall you showing the difference between the 334 and 330.

Thanks for the video, it certainly shed some light on things for me. Like I said, just had a couple of questions.

Thanks,

Edited by Nickodemous

I tried this but it's not working like the video suggests. For example i have 330 gear but I put on a 250 relic dropping my ilvl under 328 (like 321 or something) and I went into pvp and my stats still went down.

So I assume it might take every piece of gear into consideration instead of your overall item level?

Even taking off a piece of gear like relic or ear drops the item level down a lot, but the stats still go down in pvp .. I'm not seeing the proper result. Is there a way to leave all of your gear at 330 and only change a relic or ear ?

• Confused 1

If anyones interested in the topic really, I recommend checking out this thread I go way further into detail about this stuff there.

I tried this but it's not working like the video suggests. For example i have 330 gear but I put on a 250 relic dropping my ilvl under 328 (like 321 or something) and I went into pvp and my stats still went down.

So I assume it might take every piece of gear into consideration instead of your overall item level?

Even taking off a piece of gear like relic or ear drops the item level down a lot, but the stats still go down in pvp .. I'm not seeing the proper result. Is there a way to leave all of your gear at 330 and only change a relic or ear ?

316 relics will let you do this. You will want to make sure you're augged of course. The only stat differences you should see are potentially HP soft cap and color crystals not working.

I recently figured out the mod, hilt, and enhancement vendor on fleet with pepe. I have unlocked the 2 missions for the 328 gear with the extra pvp pieces I have accumulated.

I watched your vid but had a couple of questions. So to unlock the 230 inserts, I need to run fps or can I use a legendary 330 implant? I have extra 330 implants in storage, why I ask.

Also, I am a little confused about the 334 implants vs the 330 and bolster. Is the difference that significant? In your vid I don't recall you showing the difference between the 334 and 330.

Thanks for the video, it certainly shed some light on things for me. Like I said, just had a couple of questions.

Thanks,

I don't think implants are deconstructable.

I don't show the more complicated setup in the video as it's not alt friendly. If you wanted to push it further 334 is part of the better min-max setup for non-PvEr's in the comments.

I also included the best setup for PvErs too. Comments in that video are a good reference for what you should do to match, otherwise, 334 isn't too worth it unless you have the tech frags to burn.

For reference that info is.

328 relics

330 + 328 implants

328 ear

All 330 mods.

328 armoring

330 hilt/armoring/barrel for the main hand and off hand.

330 enhancement in the main hand and offhand.

^ Alt-friendly setup. Can run 328 implants and run more 330 enhancements or armorings. 326 implants are also okay if you want to rock even more 330s. Just keep in mind once you pass 329 you get capped in PvP.

316 relics

334 implants

328 ear

330 rest.

^ Non PvEr true min-max - Not the one I recommend in the video as its not alt friendly to get 334 implants.

This is the pver setup min max.

326 ear

334 implant

334 implant

340 gear

340 gear

340 gear

340 gear

340 gear

340 gear

340 gear

306 belt

306 wrist

306 relic

306 relic

4598 / 14 = 328.4285714285714

328.449 rounds up. So its just under.

making this bis without giving up relics procs

Edited by Beyrahl

If anyones interested in the topic really, I recommend checking out this thread I go way further into detail about this stuff there.

316 relics will let you do this. You will want to make sure you're augged of course. The only stat differences you should see are potentially HP soft cap and color crystals not working.

I don't think implants are deconstructable.

I don't show the more complicated setup in the video as it's not alt friendly. If you wanted to push it further 334 is part of the better min-max setup for non-PvEr's in the comments.

I also included the best setup for PvErs too. Comments in that video are a good reference for what you should do to match, otherwise, 334 isn't too worth it unless you have the tech frags to burn.

For reference that info is.

328 relics

330 + 328 implants

328 ear

All 330 mods.

328 armoring

330 hilt/armoring/barrel for the main hand and off hand.

330 enhancement in the main hand and offhand.

^ Alt-friendly setup. Can run 328 implants and run more 330 enhancements or armorings. 326 implants are also okay if you want to rock even more 330s. Just keep in mind once you pass 329 you get capped in PvP.

316 relics

334 implants

328 ear

330 rest.

^ Non PvEr true min-max - Not the one I recommend in the video as its not alt friendly to get 334 implants.

This is the pver setup min max.

326 ear

334 implant

334 implant

340 gear

340 gear

340 gear

340 gear

340 gear

340 gear

340 gear

306 belt

306 wrist

306 relic

306 relic

4598 / 14 = 328.4285714285714

328.449 rounds up. So its just under.

making this bis without giving up relics procs

I did 340 + 258 relics and it gives me 327, but I'm still getting bolstered. Not nearly as much but I still lose stats.

I did 340 + 258 relics and it gives me 327, but I'm still getting bolstered. Not nearly as much but I still lose stats.

Bleh, I assume you mean stat capped. Bolster really doesn't kick in for anyone past 306ish gear score. What are the stats you are missing? Health? I did run into a hard cap myself. Crystals don't work so that's 82 stats that don't work either. If there's more past that I would love to see, I haven't found any interesting interactions like this. I would try the recommended 340 setups, losing your relic procs for 258s does not seem worthwhile at all.

At worst maybe one 340 relic and a fire node relic with all 340. I think that's possible.

Bleh, I assume you mean stat capped. Bolster really doesn't kick in for anyone past 306ish gear score. What are the stats you are missing? Health? I did run into a hard cap myself. Crystals don't work so that's 82 stats that don't work either. If there's more past that I would love to see, I haven't found any interesting interactions like this. I would try the recommended 340 setups, losing your relic procs for 258s does not seem worthwhile at all.

At worst maybe one 340 relic and a fire node relic with all 340. I think that's possible.

I did some testing, and I can now 100% say that I lost track of what is what and idk anymore lmao, on sin 258 was better, on merc it wasn't I just don't know anymore. Either way the difference isn't big.

Edited by ZUHFB

I did some testing, and I can now 100% say that I lost track of what is what and idk anymore lmao, on sin 258 was better, on merc it wasn't I just don't know anymore. Either way the difference isn't big.

No, because it all B $hit......you all....speak out of your ***, manipulate to better yourselves....I like to do the exact opposite of what u all suggest. :)

No, because it all B $hit......you all....speak out of your ***, manipulate to better yourselves....I like to do the exact opposite of what u all suggest. :)

obviously it is stupid, they make a bolster to try to make PvP fair but PvP isn't supposed to be fair. I think removing bolster is the best option

After a coming back from a week vacation. The first warzones I played were showing a few players doing unusual high damage after reviewing their gear and looking at this thread. It is 100% and exploit at this point needs to be fixed one way or another.

I mean the stats, damage and health are a bonkers advantage. PVP should never be about gear advantages (Augments really shouldn't work in pvp or have pvp only augs that are free.) Coming back to this has put my project on dps on hold for now as the difference is to great (8-10k dps over what should be possible).

Again, Just bring back pvp gear. We never had these problems, everyone was on equal footing. I miss the easy to mod/get gearing days. PVPers don't care about gear. We want a level playing field. We only ever gear up because we have to.

After a coming back from a week vacation. The first warzones I played were showing a few players doing unusual high damage after reviewing their gear and looking at this thread. It is 100% and exploit at this point needs to be fixed one way or another.

I mean the stats, damage and health are a bonkers advantage. PVP should never be about gear advantages (Augments really shouldn't work in pvp or have pvp only augs that are free.) Coming back to this has put my project on dps on hold for now as the difference is to great (8-10k dps over what should be possible).

Again, Just bring back pvp gear. We never had these problems, everyone was on equal footing. I miss the easy to mod/get gearing days. PVPers don't care about gear. We want a level playing field. We only ever gear up because we have to.

Augments for sure should work, our stat pool was terrible before them as they account for 6,000 stats. They are expensive yes, I don't like that. I do think PvP should be more accessible in every way.

Expertise would fix this issue all around as it was designed for this issue at hand.

While it's likely unintended, it's fundamentally still working and or doing its job correctly.

I assume you read my previous posts and grasp what we're talking about here. It is not to do with bolster but how the stat cap is applied once your sheet gear score hits over 328 and only then. With how the gear score is calculated you can use lower pieces to maintain a lower average.

Now what I have explained to use is only about 100 more bonus damage than regular 328, assuming you have gold augments. If you get 340's it's more so around 230-250 - this is calculated from base 328.

What's really the problem is the matrix cube. While I knew about it months prior we didn't have 340s yet so there was no usage case for such a thing. Now there is a usage case with 340s, not only do you gain a lot of secondary stat you also gain in other areas like endurance mastery and power all at the same time. If there's anything to complain about right now - it's matrix cube abusing with 340s, specifically 340s as it's usually not going to be worth it for lower-tier gear. They're getting at least 400 more bonus damage, maybe even more, not to count secondary stat gains.

Since it's way more in the open - you're seeing this even in solo ranked at this point, it's more than time something should be done.

For example - fix matrix cubes bolster. Immediately 340 is no longer such a massive gap and the health pool cap is likely to function again. While it will still be better it'll be only 230-250ish bonus damage better along with 409 critical.

And to fix the entire concept of gear score calculation - which by the way is working fully as it should. It's just the gear score of all pieces averaged. Unless they change how gear score gets calculated OR just add expertise back into the game as its use case was to prevent this sort of thing, we're pretty much just sitting ducks.

Lastly, don't get me wrong but even with 340+matrix cubes no one doing 10,000 more DPS than they usually would. Stats are impactful but not that impactful for such gain. If it was even more stats like 5.0 DvL leveling gear, it still wouldn't even result in this, which was arguably more busted. Your idea of what should be possible should either be listed or re-evaluated.

Your idea of what should be possible should either be listed or re-evaluated.

What I'm going off of is an AP PT doing 27k dps in an 8s match. Multiple matches in the 25k to 27k Its parsing territory at that point 130k crits. Given that even on the high end of ap pt is probably around 18-20k. In a multiple healer match with 328 gear. Maybe its more around 5k-8k but even then its bonkers. These were not multiple healer matches.

If it was a cut to pieces Jugg or something I could see it but not a spec like AP.

DPS Damage Evaluation

10K Normal Game

15k Good Game

20K Insane

25k Impossible to anything but dot spread.

Edited by TmoneyTime

On 9/25/2022 at 1:18 PM, TmoneyTime said:

What I'm going off of is an AP PT doing 27k dps in an 8s match. Multiple matches in the 25k to 27k Its parsing territory at that point 130k crits. Given that even on the high end of ap pt is probably around 18-20k. In a multiple healer match with 328 gear. Maybe its more around 5k-8k but even then its bonkers. These were not multiple healer matches.

If it was a cut to pieces Jugg or something I could see it but not a spec like AP.

DPS Damage Evaluation

10K Normal Game

15k Good Game

20K Insane

20k isn't too insane from a meta spec and a decent to good player - depending on the spec.
For example I have done 19.5k-20k on Both Rage and Tactics. The games weren't that cleave heavy nor perfect uptime.
When no tanks are involved and healers / classes with healing defensives keep throwing themselves into the fight you can see some high numbers.
25k I wouldn't say impossible but would definitely require AoE or really just perfect situations + a good player.
For example dot or AoE focused specs don't have issues hitting this in cleave games with good healers. 

Arenas seeing these numbers when they're super quick is sort of different and I am not taking into account of that.

Removing augments sets us back to lower stats than last expansion. 
It's a tricky situation because damage is wild, ttk is pretty fast. Tanks add so much survival to matches and healers can't make up for lack of DCD or DCD usage making it much more reliant on what you're playing and how well you manage your cooldowns. 
I don't hate it but I also don't love it. It definitely makes it harder for most trying to learn right off the bat when matches are unbalanced. Hence a lot of teams completely avoiding combat like it's the black plague. 

• Like 1

I dont hate it but I also don't love it either. I guess the silver lining is the removal of some stuns...stun lock death isn't quite as frequent as in 6.0. 

I think the issue speaks to an overarching issue in the game. The gear grind has always been treated as content. Take away the gear grind and replace it with actual content and u don't have to constantly be trying to tune the stats, and then balancing the game continually. Make gear craftable, make the stat pools consistent from patch to patch. Instead of spending time coming up with new currencies and ways to grind for gear, spend that time developing fun game modes. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 4:14 PM, TmoneyTime said:

Just bring back pvp gear. We never had these problems, everyone was on equal footing. I miss the easy to mod/get gearing days. PVPers don't care about gear. We want a level playing field. We only ever gear up because we have to.

Some serious revisionist history here. Expertise resulted in horrible PVP imbalance in regs and sometimes team ranked (had to be careful swapping gear from PVE). Players with no expertise or recruit gear getting absolutely blown up. At least now if a newbie joins PVP they only get blown up from skill imbalance rather than gear issues. When I came back to the game last month, I was able to be competitive and have fun in min max 306 with 286 augs. That wouldn't have been possible before 'modern' bolster. Players getting an advantage from gaming the system is nowhere near as bad for overall play as the situation before.

On 9/25/2022 at 12:18 PM, TmoneyTime said:

DPS Damage Evaluation

10K Normal Game

15k Good Game

20K Insane

I feel like a dotted up AP PT (basically continuously taking small crit hits) in a game with multiple healers is definitely capable of these numbers.

• Like 1