Are the collections prices intended or a bug?

Reno_Tarshil

Awe :D That was nice of you!!!

::Picks up the sealed bag of confetti and, stops just shy of throwing it away...pondering its many uses...then sticks it in his jacket pocket for later use::

Commando...no force power :(

Use the Commando Knock back.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^This. Also, as it's still unclear whether the drop rates are indeed bugged, or it's simply some items were "listed" as rare, but were actually super rare.

If it is the former and it will only be fixed in 2.8.1 (end june?) then it would probably be best to prevent people from buying more crates/packs (in terms of people complaining they got bugged ones etc etc etc).

I kinda hope it's the latter tbh, I want to buy some crates :p

I agree.

At the very least, they could offer a warning in the Game Launcher, similar to what they recently did when the Group Finder was working poorly or when a patch is about to deployed.

As it is now, people are playing with a deck ever stacked against them.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I agree.

At the very least, they could offer a warning in the Game Launcher, similar to what they recently did when the Group Finder was working poorly or when a patch is about to deployed.

As it is now, people are playing with a deck ever stacked against them.

Yup, again, assuming it is the actual drop rates that are bugged and not simply mislabelling.

Hopefully the all powerful *poof* master Tait can shed some light on this matter soon :rak_02:

(and maybe some confetti for our forum janitors? :D)

Yup, again, assuming it is the actual drop rates that are bugged and not simply mislabelling.

Hopefully the all powerful *poof* master Tait can shed some light on this matter soon :rak_02:

(and maybe some confetti for our forum janitors? :D)

Just so you know...

I'M NOT CLEANING UP ANY CONFETTI...!!! :mad:

It's almost 6PM in Texas. It's unlikely to hear anything else today.

I'm not sure there's anything else to hear quite frankly.

It's entirely possible that the drop ratio for some of Super-Rare armor sets is deliberate - hence, Super-Rare - and the new unlock prices we see now will become standard-fare.

Sad but true. :mad:

By the way, is there any way to find out the collection unlock price before you purchase the item? I bought a Xoxaan set off GTN yesterday, and the unlock price of 600cc was a bit steep. It's good to know about such things in advance.

Short one liners such as this should be banned. I am refreshing the page, seeing a new post, getting excited and then seeing this. Very disappointing. Write more people.

I agree!

Ban them all!

why did you come back?

Soon.

Forceslayer!

what are you stacking?

Which game is this?

Laziness.

;)

By the way, is there any way to find out the collection unlock price before you purchase the item? I bought a Xoxaan set off GTN yesterday, and the unlock price of 600cc was a bit steep. It's good to know about such things in advance.

Sometimes people mention on them Dulfy, Xoxaan set was one that I saw recently. :)

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I want to add some clarity around what was wrong, what is intended, and what is being changed. First off, the what is wrong. There was a little confusion around things when we last talked about this issue. It appears that the current rarities in the pack are correct, however, the tooltips and rarity icons for those items are not. Just to reiterate, the rarity of the items that you have been seeing in the packs is correct and is not being changed. What is being changed are the tooltips and rarity icons to make sure that this is accurately represented. Our current target is to get those adjusted in Game Update 2.8.1, it should be noted that the Star Cluster pack also becomes embargoed in that same update.

Another thing that I know was questioned was the collections unlock prices. Those prices are intended. Collections prices are something that is not completely static from one pack to another and can shift. Similarly, many of you might notice that in the Star Cluster pack there are different amounts of items at different rarities than normal (more rares, less commons, etc). With the Star Cluster pack, we were trying out some new things. I can tell you that the team has heard your feedback around both the rarities and the collections pricing and will adjust accordingly in future packs.

I apologize for the confusion around this and I hope this clears things up!

TLDR – Rarities and collection costs are right. Item rarity icons and collections tooltip rarity are not and are targeted to be fixed in 2.8.1.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Hey folks,

I want to add some clarity around what was wrong, what is intended, and what is being changed. First off, the what is wrong. There was a little confusion around things when we last talked about this issue. It appears that the current rarities in the pack are correct, however, the tooltips and rarity icons for those items are not. Just to reiterate, the rarity of the items that you have been seeing in the packs is correct and is not being changed. What is being changed are the tooltips and rarity icons to make sure that this is accurately represented. Our current target is to get those adjusted in Game Update 2.8.1, it should be noted that the Star Cluster pack also becomes embargoed in that same update.

Another thing that I know was questioned was the collections unlock prices. Those prices are intended. Collections prices are something that is not completely static from one pack to another and can shift. Similarly, many of you might notice that in the Star Cluster pack there are different amounts of items at different rarities than normal (more rares, less commons, etc). With the Star Cluster pack, we were trying out some new things. I can tell you that the team has heard your feedback around both the rarities and the collections pricing and will adjust accordingly in future packs.

TLDR – Rarities and collection costs are right. Item rarity icons and collections tooltip rarity are not and are targeted to be fixed in 2.8.1.

-eric

So you're completely fine with emotes costing 600 CC to unlock? are you *********** serious?

Bottom line is your "experiment" was to see if people would spend more cash on more random packs to get the look they wanted, then spend even more cash than usual to unlock that look for their legacy?

That's a big, big blemish on the way I perceive your integrity.

Hey folks,

-eric

***????? Are you serius??? So we have plenty of lower robe and just one upper? There are 4/5 pages of lower and just 1 ITEM, not one page, of upper??? ARE KIDDING? So the drop rate of the gear is different between upper and lower? IS this a joke??

Hey folks,

-eric

While I appreciate you taking the time to clarify all this for us, I honestly don't believe pricing the unlocks that high was the right thing to do, nor do I believe that Armor Boxes should have different rarities to them.

Edited by Reno_Tarshil

I think everyone is looking at this the wrong way. I don't see this as their attempt to milk more money out of folks. It's simpler than that. They made a mistake. There are 2 ways to fix it. Dig into the code to figure out where exactly they went wrong and fix that while making some goodwill gesture like CC. Or they can just re-color the icon for the items this applies to.

I think we all know which direction they will take. They already have what must be a full team dedicated to re-coloring things. :rolleyes:

Edited by oembob

So you're completely fine with emotes costing 600 CC to unlock? are you *********** serious?

I've always felt that monetizing emotes like sitting in a chair was a pretty lame move on BioWare's part. But that's just me.

While I'm hugely supportive of the game in general, and I haven't had any significant issues with the way they've monetized it (I haven't bought anything except my subscription), I will say that as a roleplayer, the direction they took with emotes has always sort of stuck in my craw. For a game with such a tremendous focus on storytelling, it's bothersome that they don't just give these sorts of personal storytelling tools to the players.

***????? Are you serius??? So we have plenty of lower robe and just one upper? There are 4/5 pages of lower and just 1 ITEM, not one page, of upper??? ARE KIDDING? So the drop rate of the gear is different between upper and lower? IS this a joke??

It's probably worse now than it has been for other packs--and maybe that's part of the "experimentation" Musco is talking about--but because top pieces are usually the most interesting thing about any particular outfit, this has almost always been a problem as far as I remember. Pants will be 20k or something and the top will be 500k.

If anything, I actually think the boxes with the tops should drop more frequently than the other boxes.

i know that I will save a lot of money not buying packs in the future. and that is no joke