Could we get open world PvP conquest rewards pls?

StrikePrice

Kill 5 players of the opposite faction, 10, 15, etc. Might bring a little bit of OW PvP back to the game.

As much hope as you'd have for that, it'd just be planned/farmed. Like most do for OWPvP events nowadays. Kill trading...disgusting.

And they had that before they changed conquest. A certain guild on my server would have one of their officers leaving a toon on 24/7 on the PvP map so they could farm it for kills. (Alt account, lower level toon at that.)

As much hope as you'd have for that, it'd just be planned/farmed. Like most do for OWPvP events nowadays. Kill trading...disgusting.

And they had that before they changed conquest. A certain guild on my server would have one of their officers leaving a toon on 24/7 on the PvP map so they could farm it for kills. (Alt account, lower level toon at that.)

It's true. Any time there are PvP rewards, players will collude. The only reason it make sense at the moment is because is so easy to get conquest points right now, that it really would not make any difference in the outcomes.

I noticed there was a bit of OWpvp going on during the Gree event (not in the pvp zone).

I would like to see this more in other parts of the game. I don’t think it would hurt to try using conquest to do this.

it happens during the gree event because there are achievments for it, plus you get the **** who go to the pvp area, just to kill people who are trying to do the dailies. Add to that, it's a smallish enough zone, so you can usually find people.

It wouldn't work on the larger planets as most people don't go in to the pvp instance, and when they do, they are usually spread out.

Wow..

Imagine players doing/planning groups to farm something in an MMO... Incredible, right ?

Wow..

Imagine players doing/planning groups to farm something in an MMO... Incredible, right ?

I takes on another level when it's PvP kill-trading, but then again, you can get points for sending your companion to sell of your grey items and for placing 5 decorations, so I don't see why this couldn't be added.

Just not sure if it needs to be. I do enjoy conquest at the moment cause it doesn't feel like a chore. I'm not sure what will happen when double xp ends. I get conflicting answers when I ask whether the double xp event affects conquest points.

But hey, I'm not against it, just not sure why this is even a request. Can we also get conquest points for standing on the fleet for at least 15 mins? I'd like that one too.

Exactly. Farmers gonna farm. That does not mean we shouldn't have it for everyone.

they used to have it, not sure if it's popped up since the new CQ. But it didn't change anything, we didn't suddenly have OWPvP, all it did was to get people to farm it. Not against the idea, or people farming it. But if you are looking for more OW PvP, I don't think the dev them can do anything about it. I think it's more up to guilds, or the community as a whole. I know on some servers, most noteable DM, i think, they seem to organise PVP events. It would be great if guilds on all servers tried to do that, with limited numbers, to try and cut out the lag a lot of people have during events like that.

Edited by DarkTergon

they used to have it, not sure if it's popped up since the new CQ. But it didn't change anything, we didn't suddenly have OWPvP, all it did was to get people to farm it. Not against the idea, or people farming it. But if you are looking for more OW PvP, I don't think the dev them can do anything about it. I think it's more up to guilds, or the community as a whole. I know on some servers, most noteable DM, i think, they seem to organise PVP events. It would be great if guilds on all servers tried to do that, with limited numbers, to try and cut out the lag a lot of people have during events like that.

I agree. It would be nice if there was some reward worth getting for OW PvP tho.

I takes on another level when it's PvP kill-trading, but then again, you can get points for sending your companion to sell of your grey items and for placing 5 decorations, so I don't see why this couldn't be added.

Just not sure if it needs to be. I do enjoy conquest at the moment cause it doesn't feel like a chore. I'm not sure what will happen when double xp ends. I get conflicting answers when I ask whether the double xp event affects conquest points.

But hey, I'm not against it, just not sure why this is even a request. Can we also get conquest points for standing on the fleet for at least 15 mins? I'd like that one too.

Exactly!

I'm all for PvP, but kill trading? No. Honestly that feels wrong.

Now when it's a group vs group trying that's fine. But not lets all run in w our pub toons to the slaughter then reverse it for the Imps...

HAHA NO...I don't want to stand on fleet for 15min....make it 2min & we good! lol

Exactly!

I'm all for PvP, but kill trading? No. Honestly that feels wrong.

Now when it's a group vs group trying that's fine. But not lets all run in w our pub toons to the slaughter then reverse it for the Imps...

HAHA NO...I don't want to stand on fleet for 15min....make it 2min & we good! lol

Right, exactly. Hail a cab ... 5k, put down and pick up the same deco 5 times, 5k, do a heroic on the newbie worlds 10k. You may as well add some rewards for pvp that are reasonable -- won't hurt anything.

I do enjoy conquest at the moment cause it doesn't feel like a chore. I'm not sure what will happen when double xp ends. I get conflicting answers when I ask whether the double xp event affects conquest points.

6.1.1 patch notes included: Conquest points derived from Experience Points no longer benefit from any bonus modifiers to Experience Points.

edit: I assume conflicting information comes from the fact that modifiers used to affect conquest points and the change happened at a point where conquest point output as a whole changed drastically, making this change not immediately obvious.

on-topic edit2: I think I'd much rather have people farm each other in win trading than farming me while I'm busy avoiding the crowded pve instance.. :p

Edited by cyrusramsey

Kill 5 players of the opposite faction, 10, 15, etc. Might bring a little bit of OW PvP back to the game.

It could easily take you days wandering around the empty PvP instances looking for 5 people to kill**. There surely must be faster ways to earn conquest rewards.

** but, I suppose if they limited to say, only the PvP area of Tatooine, Outlaw's Den, it could work. But otherwise it would be too spread out.

Edited by JediQuaker

It could easily take you days wandering around the empty PvP instances looking for 5 people to kill**. There surely must be faster ways to earn conquest rewards.

** but, I suppose if they limited to say, only the PvP area of Tatooine, Outlaw's Den, it could work. But otherwise it would be too spread out.

Bioware could plant some other good rewards with the conquest rewards right in the middle of Outlaws Den to lure people into there :cool:

I remember I used to live in OD between pvp pops because I use to farm the chests in there for WZ comms and med packs.

They have to be good rewards or people won’t bother. Especially those who aren’t big PVPers.

Bioware could put other rewards on random pvp planet instances depending on the weekly conquest and character lvl and you would have to collect each one and get xyz player kills to get a once per legacy conquest reward (maybe 30k points).

The lure/reward needs to be enough that people will do it. But it also needs to be balanced time wise so that it’s not as simple as going to one planet and collecting it. Time vs played vs difficulty is how I would set up a legacy conquest reward.

Make it so it’s a legacy kill count and not just character.

Each pvp planet reward gives 3-5k conquest points

You need to complete 10 planet rewards to get the legacy reward

That way you could use multiple days or Alts to achieve it.

A smart player would leave the Alt with the lowest conquest points to get the 30k legacy points

Edited by TrixxieTriss

When a person on discord organizes a kill trading event, that is for an achievement, that's a one-and-done sort of thing. Yeah, it will come around in a few months when someone gets enough desire to organize one. There are always people who missed it last time.

But, if these were conquest objectives, the scenario would change from an uncommon achievement hunting event to a farm fest of the super mega conquest guilds. I can imagine the performance hit that is likely to cause on even top-end computers, let alone the exploitative nature.

I guess it has the chance of stimulating some genuine open world pvp ... but, its not as if these kill trading achievement hunting events aren't well publicized, and I don't think I've ever heard of the event being adversely affected because some dedicated pvp'ers grouped together and decided to rain on the parade. This is probably the most solid piece of anecdotal evidence I've seen arguing that there's just no interest in OWPvP without incentives.

Sometimes there was spontaneous OWPvP in the Rakghoul tunnels, but I haven't seen that for years. Outlaw's Den died for a reason. The only time OWPvP is active anymore is during the Gree event, and that's because of the missions and achievements.

Personally, I think the risks of the exploitative farming are much higher than the chance that some players in favor of OWPvP will be happier.