7.0 expansion? - 2020?

Trlance

6.0 on october 2019. May 2020 and still nothing? Bioware intends to leave the game as it is without any new big additions? We are waiting 7 months already. Over half a year and nothing more. Even announcements, how long should we wait? I'm not interested in the fact that a lot of noobs play and the game is great in terms of the number of players. Veterans like me have nothing to do, I have not been doing operations regularly for years, because they have become boring after 150 x times done it, and I finished the rest of the additions before 4.0. Maybe bioware is going to wait farther years until the game loses some players again and only then add something new? Clever. :rolleyes:

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

Edited by Trlance

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took them 3 years to release a completely new expansion after KOTET in 2016, because the team working on the game has been downsized considerably due to its failure considering the big money and time investment for 4.0 and 5.0 and the transfer of manpower to work on Anthem. Did you really expect to get 7.0 one year after Onslaught? There is also this very minor fact that we are currently in the beginning of a worldwide crisis that will only get bigger later this year until we finally have a working vaccine. That might not bother you, but it does bother them.

They already told us that it caused them to push back new updates to a later date, specifically the new swoop racing event to some time in June. I'd be surprised if we even get 7.0 in 2021. That does not mean we won't get updates, but don't expect 7.0 in the near future.

BTW, they do announcements:

Hi folks!

I hope everyone is doing well, taking care of themselves, and keeping up the social distancing :)

As Keith alluded to a few weeks back, EA, Bioware, and the SWTOR team have shifted to working entirely from home to ensure the ongoing safety of our team members. Like us, the voiceover studios where we record dialogue around the world are also eager to ensure the health and safety of their staff and actors, and have postponed all in-studio recording activities. As y'all know, our cast is pretty huge; some actors do have in-home recording capability, but unfortunately, many others understandably do not.

In order to adapt to these unexpected changes and challenges, we've made some updates to our upcoming releases. I've put together a run-down of the changes as we see them currently below. Naturally, this is very much subject to change as circumstances unfold; we will keep you all updated in the coming weeks if any additional changes become necessary.

Update 6.1.1 is moving out one week to Tuesday, April 21:

• 6.1.1 will include a number of improvements to Conquests, adjustments to class balance and end-game items, and other quality-of-life improvements.
  • We will also begin a Double XP event with this update, running from April 21st until May 19th.
  • However, we have made the difficult decision to delay Master Mode of the Dxun operation out of this update. Based on our testing on PTS, we believe that holding this portion of the content back for further iteration and improvement will lead to a higher quality experience for all of you to enjoy a bit later, in update 6.1.2 (see below).

Update 6.2, currently targeting June, has become Update 6.1.2:

• Update 6.1.2 will introduce a unique new in-game event that will join the weekly rotating schedule alongside Dantooine, Gree, etc. The event will be themed around the ultimate Swoop biker rally spread across multiple planets in the SWTOR galaxy. We'll share more info about the insane obstacle courses these daredevil riders are setting up very soon :tran_cool:
  • As mentioned above, Master Mode of the Dxun operation will also be released with this update!
  • In addition to more quality-of-life updates, we're also targeting some fun additions to Nar Shaddaa Night Life, which will return this summer!
  • So why is this update changing numbers? Because it was originally intended to include the conclusion of the Kira/Scourge/Satele storyline introduced in Onslaught's finale. Unfortunately, the dialogue has not yet been recorded for that storyline, so we will have to wait to release it until recording operations are back in full swing. Rest assured, getting that story out is our top priority, so as soon as we can get it back on the schedule we will. Based on our current information, our (very) tentative release target for that is late summer/early fall - that patch will become the "new" 6.2.

We really appreciate everyone's patience as we work through these challenging times, and look forward to sharing more concrete details as we get them.

Stay safe out there!

Edited by Phazonfreak

I don't care. As for Anthem, it was their decision, and since they decided to work more on it, they should see new people up their sleeve, so that Swtor would not lose it either. There are NO excuses here. So funny all of you defend them bcs of Anthem.

Somehow after 4.0 we got 5.0 a year later. If it won't be 7.0 this year, it should be 100% next year, because it's 10 years anniversary and they themselves said they are preparing something special. In other words, this year there should be at least some major prologue for this 7.0 like Ziost or Ossus. For now, the game is dead bcs still nothing.

I am not defending or excusing anyone and most certainly not because of Anthem, since I've never played this game and I have no interest in it at all. I am simply offering you my opinion about the current state of the game (and the world at large which you seem to ignore completely) and why to expect the arrival of 7.0 in 2020 is pretty unreasonable. Take it or leave it, but you said it best yourself:

I don't care
Edited by Phazonfreak

The OP is a veteran of many years as am I and the issue of content or the lack thereof is not new. Now I don't think he's being realistic in his expectations towards BioWare but I do understand the sentiment.

Forgive me for skipping your flimsy taunts and moving to the only thing of seeming substance you say. The rest merits no response.

So you want to invoke the argument of seniority here? Alright, I'll play along... If I recall from another thread the OP said he has played the game for 6 years at this point. I have played the game for nearly 8 years, so does that make my words more important or valuable? Because if I would follow your line of thinking, then my seniority outweighs the OP's.

Then the OP had the choice to respond in a constructive manner. Instead, the OP chose to respond to the sentiment he felt with snarky comments, a high horsed attitude and proceeded into troll territory by claiming "game is dead". The OP reaps what he sows. Had the OP responded in a constructive manner, I would have replied alike, it's simple. If the OP is unhappy with his responses, then he should have come in with a different attitude. And as for you, you're not obligated by any sort of law to read my posts, are you? Feel free to ignore them if they bother you so much.

Oh, also, how selective you are in choosing what you find low. Because somehow this comment by the OP is totally innocent in your books?

I'm not interested in the fact that a lot of noobs play

I repeat, the OP reaps what he sows...

Edited by Ylliarus

How i can't be snarky when we waiting for something great that long? And .. it's you who call me a child, i didn't. Don't defend yourself. It's over. You can apologize .. now.

Edited by Trlance

Nope it isn't but it isn't doing nearly as well as it could've been. And BioWare is to blame for a lot of the problems this game does have.

Actually the game is doing better now then it has in a long time. BW is to blame for a lot of bad stuff, but market change, people change, etc also has a lot to do with it.

Practice what you preach. This comment of yours is the most childish thing in this thread.

Really, you had to stoop this low?

The op started the thread of aggressively, and demanding....like a child stamping his feet....and continued downhill.:rolleyes:

And let's be honest, it's not to do with corona as you suggested.

It has a lot to do with the virus, new stuff was coming out, but got delayed, specifically because of the virus.

The OP is a veteran of many years as am I

There are people here from alpha, who have absolute no sense or intelligence. Length of time in the game means nothing. Being a veteran you'd think they'd have more sense, and know better, but if you look at som of their posts, it's laughble.

Perhaps if you want to defend the game you could use a more positive approach. These low comments of yours are counterproductive really.

No offense, but the op can't claim the moral high ground on this. The op started of negatively, and got worse.

Everyone wants new content, but most of us realise the work involved in it. And how badly the studio has been gutted.

How i can't be snarky when we waiting for something great that long? And .. it's you who call me a child, i didn't. Don't defend yourself. It's over.

What's over? Do you think you have won something? Don't make me laugh xD as you can see above, I am not the only one pointing out your childish behaviour.

Snarkiness is a sign of entitlement. You could have stated your displeasure with the lack of content in a well thought out manner, which would have been considerate and constructive. You could have been reasonable and rational in your writing, but instead you chose to behave like a spoiled child. And you still don't change your behaviour even though your highly flawed attitude has been pointed out to you. If you think anyone will take you serious this way, you're mightily wrong.

Edited by Ylliarus

No offense, but the op can't claim the moral high ground on this. The op started of negatively, and got worse.

Yup, this exactly. The OP could have voiced his concerns or thoughts in a reasonable manner, like an adult. However, from the way the OP is behaving in this thread, they chose to behave like a capricious child. If that's been their choice, then so they shall be treated, because evidently the OP wants to be seen and treated like a capricious child!

You can apologize .. now.

You're digging yourself deeper and deeper, mate. If you think I'll apologise for pointing out the truth you're living in a fantasy. Maybe if you apologise for your childish behaviour I'll apologise for not having pointed it out to you sooner.

Edited by Ylliarus

I don't care. As for Anthem, it was their decision, and since they decided to work more on it, they should see new people up their sleeve, so that Swtor would not lose it either. There are NO excuses here. So funny all of you defend them bcs of Anthem.

Somehow after 4.0 we got 5.0 a year later. If it won't be 7.0 this year, it should be 100% next year, because it's 10 years anniversary and they themselves said they are preparing something special. In other words, this year there should be at least some major prologue for this 7.0 like Ziost or Ossus. For now, the game is dead bcs still nothing.

This never fails to crack me up. "Why don't we get any communication????" Get's a quote with said communication, and what happens? "I don't care". Why'd you even bother to post then?

6.0 on october 2019. May 2020 and still nothing? Bioware intends to leave the game as it is without any new big additions? We are waiting 7 months already. Over half a year and nothing more. Even announcements, how long should we wait?

Can't speak for anyone else, but when I go to all the trouble of re-leveling and -gearing everything I want it to be good for a while. The primary enjoyment I still get out of this game is raiding, and being forced to re-grind everything comes like a big gut-punch every time because of how many boring hours of mind-numbing activities will be required just so I can keep raiding the exact same content at the same difficulty level. Been there, done that several times.

Besides, bringing new content doesn't have to mean a new expansion. They can gladly take 3-5 years between level-ups and max gear score increases as far as I'm concerned. New FPs, raids, etc are always welcome, though. :)

WOW !!!

When I read the title of the thread … I thought hmm... 2020 might be a little too early now. In fact as much as I'd like to see 7.0 on the 10th anniversary that might be pushing it now (due to the virus and all). That's just being realistic.

Period !!

Then I began to read this …

WOW !!! :eek::eek::eek:

I'm fixing some pop corn !!

BRB !

:D

WOW !!!

When I read the title of the thread … I thought hmm... 2020 might be a little too early now. In fact as much as I'd like to see 7.0 on the 10th anniversary that might be pushing it now (due to the virus and all). That's just being realistic.

Period !!

BRB !

I'm still laughing my *** off. I've been having a very similar conversation on the ESO forums. I'd like to thank the OP for providing a very hilarious example of what happens when devs do communicate and posters don't like the answers.

WOW !!!

Period !!

BRB !

At least you won't need salt, think there is some around here already...lol

On a positive note, they did say the were working on something big for the 10th anniversary, probaly not 7.0, but definately something to look forward to.

This never fails to crack me up. "Why don't we get any communication????" Get's a quote with said communication, and what happens? "I don't care". Why'd you even bother to post then?
- i said about Anthem. I don't care about Anthem argument. It's amusing and pointless.

On a positive note, they did say the were working on something big for the 10th anniversary, probaly not 7.0, but definately something to look forward to.
- sure .. already waiting 7 months and even no announcement about smth. Let's wait ANOTHER 19 months for december 2021. 26 months waiting .. it's nothing, right? :cool:

It's why I drew the comparison to a child. Children often behave very erratically that way. One moment they complain about something and beg and beg to get it, but when you actually give it to them, they turn away and don't want it.

But that shows us one important thing: the OP only wants to complain. They don't care about getting an actual announcement, they don't care about being shown that an announcement has already been made. No, they care only about complaining for the sake of complaining. The OP wants to express negativity for the sake of expressing negativity. The OP has no other constructive purpose beyond that with a thread like this.

As such, the OP gets the treatment they ask for. If all they care about is whining and complaining for the sake of whining and complaining, then as a whiner and complainer they shall be treated. Had the OP brought something constructive to the table, we might have had an interesting discussion. Yet sadly, the OP behaved too immaturely for that.

- i said about Anthem. I don't care about Anthem argument. It's amusing and pointless.

- sure .. already waiting 7 months and even no announcement about smth. Let's wait ANOTHER 19 months for december 2021. 26 months waiting .. it's nothing, right? :cool:

What does that have to do with the announcement you claimed we didn't get? Anthem's a while back now, and has nothing to do with what's going on now, except in your mind? Did you even bother to read the yellow text provided, or was it just easier to dismiss it because it's "inconvenient"?

Ok ..

First:

What does that have to do with the announcement you claimed we didn't get? Anthem's a while back now, and has nothing to do with what's going on now, except in your mind?
- ppl started their pathetic argument about Anthem. I said it's zero for me.

Second:

Did you even bother to read the yellow text provided, or was it just easier to dismiss it because it's "inconvenient"?
- i visit here every day. They said they got delayed but it doesn't change fact we have lack of content after 5.0.

Third:

Yet sadly, the OP behaved too immaturely for that.
- As you can see I don't talk to you anymore because weak provocations don't work for me. You can scream about "child, child child!" as long as you want. Everything what i wrote here i said why and share arguments. You only keep being toxic. Pathetic.

Edited by Trlance

As you can see I don't talk to you anymore because weak provocations don't work for me. You can scream about "child, child child!" as long as you want. Everything what i wrote here i said why and share arguments. You only keep being toxic. Pathetic.

Before you accuse me of being toxic and pathetic, take a good, long look in the mirror. Because how I respond is a reflection of your attitude. You enter the forums with a bad attitude, you dismiss sensible posts and proceed to only complain. The responses you get are caused by the attitude you express. Blame yourself for the fact you are called a child by me and others.

Edited by Ylliarus

- i said about Anthem. I don't care about Anthem argument.

Actually you said, at the start, I don't care, then went on about Anthem, you didn't say I don't care about Anthem.

- sure .. already waiting 7 months and even no announcement about smth. Let's wait ANOTHER 19 months for december 2021. 26 months waiting .. it's nothing, right?

There is a pandemic going on, people can't get in to work, it's being delayed. The dev team are trying to keep themselves and their families safe. That's the most important issue at the moment. The fact that you are stamping your feet because they aren't doing what you want says so much about you.

You may not care about wether you get covid, or your family or others. But some of us do.

i visit here every day. They said they got delayed but it doesn't change fact we have lack of content after 5.0.

Okay, you're blatantly lying here. After 5.0 there is Iokath, Umbara, Copero, Nathema, Jedi Under Siege, Onslaught and now The Task at Hand. Inbetween, they launched the Gods of the Machine operation, included world bosses for Ossus + a mini-Operation on Ossus and now they added the Dxun operation with Onslaught.

I ask you, where is this lack of content you speak of after 5.0? Because either you're trolling right now or wilfully blind.

Edited by Ylliarus

Okay, you're blatantly lying here. After 5.0 there is Iokath, Umbara, Copero, Nathema, Jedi Under Siege, Onslaught and now The Task at Hand. Inbetween, they launched the Gods of the Machine operation, included world bosses for Ossus + a mini-Operation on Ossus and now they added the Dxun operation with Onslaught.

I ask you, where is this lack of content you speak of after 5.0? Because either you're trolling right now or wilfully blind.

While you are 100% correct. Based off of the OP's original post, it appears to me all they care about is Story Content. Which in this case still include iokath, all 3 FP's had story in them, Jedi Under siege and Onslaught which is still a lot of story content even if you ignore the 3 Operations.

And to the OP consider this. For story content you want Voice acting I'd have to believe. Not every Voice actor necessarily has a Studio at home. So by BW delaying new content it is also protecting the Voice actors as well as the developers from the virus.

I don't have all day for this pathetic discussion with all of you here. I only said swtor is dead and i said why, i wasn't have plan spend hours here.

Actually you said, at the start, I don't care, then went on about Anthem, you didn't say I don't care about Anthem.
- This is what i meant.

There is a pandemic going on, people can't get in to work, it's being delayed. The dev team are trying to keep themselves and their families safe. That's the most important issue at the moment. The fact that you are stamping your feet because they aren't doing what you want says so much about you.
- don't put me with insane, ill criminals on same line ok? I said we have lack of content on last 3-4 years (a lot of ppl think the same) and that means pandemic have nothing to do with it.

- Like Valkorion said on Odessen Wilds: "i will remind you":

5.0 november 2016 - Iokath april 2017 - Umbara august 2017 - Copero november 2017 - Nathema may 2018 - Ossus december 2018 - Onslaught october 2019.

As you can see year 2017 is not bad but fact is we got small content with Iokath what can be done in one hour and then 2 little flashpoints. And now another years it's only getting much worse. 2018 single flashpoint and dull and predictable Ossus that short like Iokath or Ziost. 2019? no comment. Only one larger content and with pathetic predictable story like Ossus with Tau Idair crying on front, boring conflict between Jedi vs Sith and Arn who is copy of light Arcann. 7.0 and prolog to this, is very promising because what Kira and Scourge said is so interesting. That means only last two cutscenes on 6.0 were good. The rest is low.

your welcome to your own opinion I guess, but if your so unsatisfied with the product your getting, you may really need to go look for a different game.

As for the game being dead, your outright wrong. The servers are more populated currently then they have been in a long time. People are out on planets doing all forms of content. Swtor is very much alive.

Edit: I've even seen more frequent Ops groups forming, as well as GSF/PvP pops recently as well.

Edited by Toraak