GF Needs to be renamed to Hammer Station Finder

WaveRun

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure, but playing random.

else it will be called hammer station xxx runs reward

Well the other person was saying people choose random because they want a random FP, but that's not generally the case. People just select it to get that extra reward but always have FPs they hope it won't be.

The problem is just that people farm HS like crazy because they think that it's important to rush through as many FPs as possible in one session. I'm not really sure why personally because I geared 13 characters in a matter of weeks with all the bells and whistles I wanted. So why this is still such a big thing is beyond me. I keep myself busy with other things now cause the gearing was done last year already. I mean, I dunno, it just seems that some people love to do the same thing 500 times in a row or something.

If you do the gearing right though, you can gear really fast and then you don't have to worry about it anymore and deselect HS from your rotation. Don't need the rewards anymore then. Oh well.

The problem is just that people farm HS like crazy because they think that it's important to rush through as many FPs as possible in one session. I'm not really sure why personally . So why this is still such a big thing is beyond me. I mean, I dunno, it just seems that some people love to do the same thing 500 times in a row or something.

I think the chances are 2, one is for conquest and one os for destroy the gear and sell the embers. More likely the conquest.

I feel the same, gearing my toons normally without problems and really cant get how those people can actually have fun HS way...its seems more like a job, and a boring one too

BTW, by the time i wrote my fist post, so its like 4 hours, i did 6 FP, 3 vet and 3 MM...and lived real life a little too

...all random...

...all with everything toggled ON

5 HM

1 Red reaper MM

nothing more to say

Edited by PancaSWTOR

What's the point in paying $15/mo when the only thing people are grouping for is Hammer Station? I don't want to mindlessly do the same FP over and over again. These are the same people who are crying for more content too, yet they won't even think about doing any other flashpoint.

I've been subscribed for a long time, but this meta is now:

1. Join the queue for Hammer Station once level 20ish

2. Play Hammer Station until 75

3. Play Hammer Station until Master/Vet quests completed

4. Do dailies while in the queue for Hammer Station

5. Do hammer station until renown 300.

It's honestly disgusting. I should not be punished for not being able to finish my GF dailies because I removed Hammer Station from the instances. Allow us to either:

1. Exclude up to 2 FP's from GF and still get daily (or just 1..., any more and it will dramatically increase already long q times)

2. Put 5 FP's on an hour rotation, or even 30 mins rotation. Similar to how it works for Ops.

^-1, Not Signed and Opposed. I pay $15, like others, we should be able to play as we like, a BioWare catch phrase of this game. Your attempt to regulate that is absurd and wrong. Get a guild, make some friends, run other FPs together: IT'S NOT HARD. Try running these FPs incessantly for about a decade and see if you still feel like taking forever to re-re-re-re-re-gring ancient content, esp. with noobs that are usually annoying and aggravating af. Don't try to punish others bc you lack sociability/ social sense.

Edited by Willjb

That's kind of the point though. When people are queueing for random, they'd like to get, y'know, an actual random selection of flashpoints.

One thing about SWTOR RNG is it seems hardly random. We got random WZs popping but is it really random when HB pops 5 out of 10 or more matches, sometimes 2-3 times in a row? In what world is this random?

Same thing probably happens with FP RNG. Some broken algorithm that causes certain FPs to pop more often than others.

The GF is better than the PVP queue though, because at least you can untick what you don't want to participate in. In PVP you wait and wait only to get a WZ you just might hate. And, if you leave it to wait again for a new pop, guess what? That's right, you can get the same awful WZ 1-2 more times in a row. And if it's HB or OPG chances are it will "randomly" pop up more frequently than any other WZs.

One thing about SWTOR RNG is it seems hardly random. We got random WZs popping but is it really random when HB pops 5 out of 10 or more matches, sometimes 2-3 times in a row? In what world is this random?

Same thing probably happens with FP RNG. Some broken algorithm that causes certain FPs to pop more often than others.

The GF is better than the PVP queue though, because at least you can untick what you don't want to participate in. In PVP you wait and wait only to get a WZ you just might hate. And, if you leave it to wait again for a new pop, guess what? That's right, you can get the same awful WZ 1-2 more times in a row. And if it's HB or OPG chances are it will "randomly" pop up more frequently than any other WZs.

The difference is that you won't get deserter lockout when you leave a pvp match you don't want to play, but you'll get one if you drop a pve group. PVE and PVP players are treated differently, which shouldn't be the case.

The difference is that you won't get deserter lockout when you leave a pvp match you don't want to play, but you'll get one if you drop a pve group. PVE and PVP players are treated differently, which shouldn't be the case.

That's a good point I forgot about that lock out timer. I only had it happen one time and when it did I was confused at first.

The other scenario, leaving WZ maps could be eliminated by adding choice like the FP group finder offers where you can tick/untick options. Regs ought to allow people to have some sort of choice.

Edited by Lhancelot

No, you are incorrect.

There are several basic factors involved. If you queue for a "random" flashpoint, that randomness includes being grouped with people who have only selected certain flashpoints, or who are lower level and only have certain FPs available. It does not mean that you will only be grouped with others that chose 'random'.

For example, say someone queues for only Hammer Station, then some low level player queues up for just a few low level FPs and gets grouped with the first player (because HS is on both their lists.) Then, you come along queued for "random" and you also get grouped for HS with the first two because you also have HS on your list.

Also, if you have selected "join groups in progress" you have a better than purely random chance of being grouped with an HS group in progress

and not one of them can understand that people complain about that cause we want to play RANDOM FP with the REWARD for doing that. its there, we like it, we try to get it. we get killed by borehood cause of the spammers......after 5 you cant anymore so maybe people will even learn the other ones.

It took me a while to work out your points, however I'm certain everyone responding knows your point about wanting the reward for completing random FPs & not wanting everyone that "pops" to be HS. The way group finder is set ALLOWS players to queue for whatever and however they want so many of us use it for our own selfish benefit not what you think is right. A restriction on the amount of FPs a day will mean that many stop using the GF after set he limit.

Learning the "others ones" as you put it, is not the issue. I know all the group only ones and I detest most of them & would far to prefer to do them with a group of mostly rl friends (which I used to do - we grouped with 3 of us and queued so only one random person was needed). The 3 group premade-then-queue-for-random can still be done if you love grouping and are in a guild.

The issue that I think the two main issues that results in people queuing HS only are 1) this quest (which is also a conquest objective):

https://imgur.com/a/EbKDkbu and 2) gear items that can only be got through FP boss drops, FP rewards & FP crates. Solo players (myself included) are forced to run FPs to get these gear items or be constantly obliterated in the content we like to do because our gear is dire (especially since the nerf to companion healing).

One solution would be for a solo version of the weekly vet FP quest (i.e. x5 story flashpoints) to be added with gear drops/crates adjusted to match . That may well remove a large amount of the HS spammers as you call us/them and open up the GF for those that want to use it to explore/complete all FPs. If they added a soloers version, I'd never queue only HS again.

I think I might add this to the suggestion box, because now I've thought of it, I really want it.

I'm seeing a LOT of people to tell me and others to just "untick HS", but they fail to demonstrate any reading comprehension at all. I clearly state that I want the rewards you're entitled to for doing a daily flashpoint. It is NOT a daily flashpoint if every single day that I queue I am doing Hammer station. To all those saying to ignore the spammers, thank you so much I've done that, and today I finally did not get a queue pop for Hammer Station.

It is quite ridiculous that the ONLY way I could not get a queue pop for HS was to literally ignore people.

I'm honestly surprised that people are considering this to be "eating a cake". It is not a random queue if I get HS every. single. time. At this point, how is that any different than a daily reward for only queuing for HS? Because, even if you got other flashpoints ticked, you will ONLY be getting an HS pop. That's like a baker offering a random flavored cake and he gives you vanilla every single time.

Edited by WaveRun

The best way I can see would be for BW to go through every FP and look at the times it takes for groups to complete each one.

Either as an average or the fastest time possible. Then adjust the rewards for every single individual FP and adjust the rewards based on that completion time.

It's not just the time it takes versus the reward. The issue is there are many FPs that have mechanics that a PUG will likely fail on. The beauty of hammer and why I run it all the time is that you can carry 1 bad or even 2 bad players ... still in hammer half the time someone is eating the last boss mechanic and dying. If you do that in other FPs, it's a wipe.

I'm seeing a LOT of people to tell me and others to just "untick HS", but they fail to demonstrate any reading comprehension at all. I clearly state that I want the rewards you're entitled to for doing a daily flashpoint. It is NOT a daily flashpoint if every single day that I queue I am doing Hammer station. To all those saying to ignore the spammers, thank you so much I've done that, and today I finally did not get a queue pop for Hammer Station.

It is quite ridiculous that the ONLY way I could not get a queue pop for HS was to literally ignore people.

I'm honestly surprised that people are considering this to be "eating a cake". It is not a random queue if I get HS every. single. time. At this point, how is that any different than a daily reward for only queuing for HS? Because, even if you got other flashpoints ticked, you will ONLY be getting an HS pop. That's like a baker offering a random flavored cake and he gives you vanilla every single time.

Fortunately, I have enough 75s to where I can just drop if I get a FP I don't like and swap to another char. Eventually, I'll get a reasonable pop.

Many times, I have asked for the ability to see how many (1/23 or 23/23 for example) everyone in the queue has selected.

Edited by StrikePrice

Learning the "others ones" as you put it, is not the issue. I know all the group only ones and I detest most of them & would far to prefer to do them with a group of mostly rl friends (which I used to do - we grouped with 3 of us and queued so only one random person was needed). The 3 group premade-then-queue-for-random can still be done if you love grouping and are in a guild.

The issue that I think the two main issues that results in people queuing HS only are 1) this quest (which is also a conquest objective)

Solo players (myself included) are forced to run FPs to get these gear items or be constantly obliterated in the content we like to do because our gear is dire (especially since the nerf to companion healing).

One solution would be for a solo version of the weekly vet FP quest (i.e. x5 story flashpoints) to be added with gear drops/crates adjusted to match . That may well remove a large amount of the HS spammers as you call us/them and open up the GF for those that want to use it to explore/complete all FPs. If they added a soloers version, I'd never queue only HS again.

I think I might add this to the suggestion box, because now I've thought of it, I really want it.

Did group with friends when they still were on SWTOR, nowdays im not even sure of to join or not to a guild cause i should really hope to get one with good people, the right character roles (i mean heaeler and tanks required) and possibly not only conquest related.

Doing both the 5x vet and 3x MM every week but still doing random, that in my opinion is way better considring the number of chars that do it. I know we get some team fail sometimes but i accept it way more then HS all day long.

Never got a problem with solo content and 99% of my comp never saw a gift, so they are the level they get by playing. Gear wise only a few of my char got their set done, working on others now that i got the resources to get them.

I wish for that solution too, really. (solo mode with a balanced reward)

It's not just the time it takes versus the reward. The issue is there are many FPs that have mechanics that a PUG will likely fail on. The beauty of hammer and why I run it all the time is that you can carry 1 bad or even 2 bad players ... still in hammer half the time someone is eating the last boss mechanic and dying. If you do that in other FPs, it's a wipe.

And this is why i said that people should actually learn to do other FP. With the major problem that newcomers wont learn any cause of this **** (add insult here) HS spamming.

Exactly what i was saying.

They say its correct for us to get HS all the time even if we want random...only cause we click random...

Ofc they dont get the mean of the word itself, that is not get whatever a FP spammer decide in your place but actually get a RANDOM one, as much as a computer can create a random number...thats not always so random but for sure not alway HS number

But. What if you LOVE vanilla flavored cake? You are probably not going to complain about this "random" problem. ;)

I dont mind a couple of HS runs after getting an especially difficult FP or one that takes a lot of time to complete. Sort of like letting the belt loose on Thanksgiving.

What i find is most illuminating is the quick to drop folks who will leave a group if there are any issues. Last night, i was doing blood hunt and after four tries at the husband/wife two folks dropped. We were getting better each time, but me and the remaining gentleman pulled out our best comps, set his to tank and mine to healer and finished the run. Personally, Blood Hunt is one of the ones i dislike the most because the encounters are geared for the trinity; and with out having all three rolls around makes the it more difficult.

I do get the frustration that the OP is experiencing, though, but HS has three gear dropping bosses near each other with very few mechanics to deal with and until you are geared up the gear treadmill (or, perhaps, the HS treadmill) will remain a constant thorn for him and others.

As an added suggestion, why not let folks just untick ONE FP and still be eligible. I dont know how difficult that would be, but it might help the HS haters. As i said, i dont mind it too much, because i apparently dont get it as often as the OP does.

To get daily reward bonus it's a tradeoff for a chance to get a flashpoint you don't like, or a group of noobs etc. And imho it works well. If you don't like HS (or any other flashpoint), or you don't like to be grouped with a low level players or casuals etc. you do not get this bonus and it's a good design decision.

To get daily reward bonus it's a tradeoff for a chance to get a flashpoint you don't like, or a group of noobs etc. And imho it works well. If you don't like HS (or any other flashpoint), or you don't like to be grouped with a low level players or casuals etc. you do not get this bonus and it's a good design decision.

it was a good decision till the day people decided to spam HS...

we are all accepting to get low levels, low geared, bad players, casueals and getting copero or umbara...noone signed for HS 90% of the time.

thinking of your example...imagine to have all your FP with a bunch of lvl 15 that dont know how to play

you know it can be possible to have good leveleed players but u keep getting lvl 15 unskilled

i suppose youll get upset after a while, even if you are one of those players who like to teach and help newbys

it was a good decision till the day people decided to spam HS...

we are all accepting to get low levels, low geared, bad players, casueals and getting copero or umbara...noone signed for HS 90% of the time.

thinking of your example...imagine to have all your FP with a bunch of lvl 15 that dont know how to play

you know it can be possible to have good leveleed players but u keep getting lvl 15 unskilled

i suppose youll get upset after a while, even if you are one of those players who like to teach and help newbys

As many before me mentioned it has a really simple solution. Don't check HS.

And yes. You will not get daily the bonus reward. You are not entitled to get it if you don't want accept the tradeoff for it.

EDIT: and btw one of the good things about HS. You cannot fail there even if the rest of the team are unskilled casuals or noobs. So contrary to many other flashpoints you don't need to teach the rest of team.

Edited by wistarie

What's the point in paying $15/mo when the only thing people are grouping for is Hammer Station? I don't want to mindlessly do the same FP over and over again. These are the same people who are crying for more content too, yet they won't even think about doing any other flashpoint.

I've been subscribed for a long time, but this meta is now:

1. Join the queue for Hammer Station once level 20ish

2. Play Hammer Station until 75

3. Play Hammer Station until Master/Vet quests completed

4. Do dailies while in the queue for Hammer Station

5. Do hammer station until renown 300. Edit: oops, but point still stands

It's honestly disgusting. I should not be punished for not being able to finish my GF dailies because I removed Hammer Station from the instances. Allow us to either:

1. Exclude up to 2 FP's from GF and still get daily (or just 1..., any more and it will dramatically increase already long q times)

2. Put 5 FP's on an hour rotation, or even 30 mins rotation. Similar to how it works for Ops.

Playing solo will leave you having to deal with such things. My advise would be to make friends and/or join a guild and just 4 man what you like.

If the group votes to kick you, you won't get the penalty lock out. It's best to ask them to do that so you can requeue. Or you can be a clown and throw, and they'll vote kick you. Either way works.

Edited by SOULCASTER

If the group votes to kick you, you won't get the penalty lock out. It's best to ask them to do that so you can requeue. Or you can be a clown and throw, and they'll vote kick you. Either way works.

Nope. You will get lock out if you get vote kicked. Only if the op/fp whatever group activity has lasted longer than 15 mins (could be 20 now, because the lockout is also 20 mins) it can be avoided. Or if the group disbands and you're the last one in it.

My advise would be to make friends and/or join a guild and just 4 man what you like.

You do not understand why people choose to play solo! How I laughed and am still laughing. I play solo because (a) I can play however and do whatever I want in-game whenever I want, (b) I cannot stand the requirements of guild membership* and © have my friends list filled up with random gamers I don't actually know. If my RL friends played swtor that would be great but they don't (or don't any more). The two nearest to being social in this game for me is being part of the Quinnmancers community but we all play on different servers due to geographical locations and adding giving one player I don't know in real life keys to my strongholds. Even when I group with real life friend/friends it saps my energy because I have to conform to what that person wants to do rather than cause an upset and the joy of playing is lost.

Also, is it actually possible to join the GF with a full (premade) group of 4? I've been under the impression that could only be done with a premade group of three. If it is, it would solve the original poster's desire to do the weekly-with-randoms-via-the-randon-GF for the reward.

*and before you say "make your own guild" I've considered it & decided "nope".

Also, is it actually possible to join the GF with a full (premade) group of 4? I've been under the impression that could only be done with a premade group of three. If it is, it would solve the original poster's desire to do the weekly-with-randoms-via-the-randon-GF for the reward.

Yes, you can join GF with 1, 2, 3, or 4 people. GF will fill the empty spots, if any.

And, for those only wanting to do FPs with friends or guildmates, you can join GF with a group of 4 and then, after you enter the FP, you can drop up to 2 players and replace them with companions. This is handy if you have some people who are willing to help you get into the FP, but who don't have the time, etc, to do the whole FP.

It's quite clear, the only ones who are opposed to this are the very people who spam HS.

BioWare needs to fix this. I think the best solution is, as I have stated, to put the flashpoints on a rotating queue.

Why? A lot of people say to just "untick" HS, but no bonus.

This also prevents people from spamming HS.

Edited by WaveRun