Best order to play the stories (in MCU fashion)?

JonnRall

I'm basically attempting to do an MCU-like order of things and leaning towards starting with my Smuggler as the Tony Stark/Iron Man, the character who kicks off the introduction to the Old Republic universe. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm not up on the lore, or even story progression, but from what I've seen here, it's the knight that starts the story first, or is first in the timeline. But we've got some great lore wise people on the forums, who'll be able to fill in the stories, and roughly where they are in relation to each other

The class stories happen at pretty much the same time.

So if you want a MCU comparison, every classes' chapter one would be like a phase 1, chapter 2 like a phase 2, chapter 3 like a phase 3.

But after that, the Makeb storyline is the same for all characters from the same faction (so 1 on imp side, 1 on pub side), and after that point, it's pretty much the same for all classes. It starts to diverge again a bit starting from JUS.

Considering the Knight is mostly Vitiate's Nemesis, i'd say it's probably the closest to an IM-Thanos relationship, you can even play a rather sarcastic JK, but choosing your main really is up to you and which character you may like the most.

Edited by Goreshaga

Yeah the Smuggler and Trooper happen at the same time on Ord Mantell. Corso remarks in one the first conversations that separatists just shot down a ship. That's the very ship the Trooper arrives on planet with. Edited by TonyTricicolo

Yeah the Smuggler and Trooper happen at the same time on Ord Mantell. Corso remarks in one the first conversations that separatists just shot down a ship. That's the very ship the Trooper arrives on planet with.

Is it? Trooper's on a walker at the beginning of the story, not a ship.

"Separatists just destroyed an incoming Republic transport" is the line. Not a ship you're right. Given the proximity of the downed walker to the entrance Skavik's base and the events in the Trooper cutscene I correlated the two.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

yes, it's a walker, so not sure if they are the same time...lol I know there was never any offical dates, as per the other thread, but has there ever been an offical stamp on which stories came first, or played around each other?

"Separatists just destroyed an incoming Republic transport" is the line. Not a ship you're right. Given the proximity of the downed walker to the entrance Skavik's base and the events in the Trooper cutscene I correlated the two.

Oh yeah, that makes sense.

yes, it's a walker, so not sure if they are the same time...lol I know there was never any offical dates, as per the other thread, but has there ever been an offical stamp on which stories came first, or played around each other?

As far as I know the order has only been pieced together by very, uh... careful observation? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=919553

That and you can see the smuggler's ship while the trooper gets out of the walker.

Conclusion: the Trooper exits his walker (and finishes his intro)(1) just as the Smuggler is landing his ship (you see it in the background at the very end of the Trooper intro), so the Smuggler's intro sequence ends no more than a minute after the Trooper's.

(1) Trooper is the only story where the player *cannot* leave the starter instance without watching the cinematic all the way through. If you Esc out of the others, there's a phase wall, you can walk through, but for the Trooper, it's on the other side of the rear door of the walker, and that door is closed until you've finished the cinematic.

1) Trooper is the only story where the player *cannot* leave the starter instance without watching the cinematic all the way through. If you Esc out of the others, there's a phase wall, you can walk through, but for the Trooper, it's on the other side of the rear door of the walker, and that door is closed until you've finished the cinematic.

You can teleport to the starting village and do whatever you want from there before going back to the intro instance to watch the first cutscene though.

Edited by Goreshaga

(1) Trooper is the only story where the player *cannot* leave the starter instance without watching the cinematic all the way through. If you Esc out of the others, there's a phase wall, you can walk through, but for the Trooper, it's on the other side of the rear door of the walker, and that door is closed until you've finished the cinematic.

What happens if you use the fast travel to exit? Can you use that? (I can't recall if there's a FT spot in the beginning of Ord Mantell).

Edited by JuventusAndFCK

What happens if you use the fast travel to exit? Can you use that? (I can't recall if there's a FT spot in the beginning of Ord Mantell).

You don't have any QT points unlocked(1). You're level 1, so cannot use (because you don't have) the Emergency Fleet Pass to go to Fleet. You can't travel to a stronghold from your starter instance, and while you can *buy* a Master's Datacron bundle while you're in there, you can't use the datacron itself until you leave.

Regardless of that, all the other start-at-1 starter instances have phase walls you can just walk through to leave, while the trooper that wants to walk out *must* watch the intro cutscene.

(1) It's possible (see the post above yours) that there's one unlocked by the mailbox in Drelliad Village (just outside the walker), but not any further away.

(1) It's possible (see the post above yours) that there's one unlocked by the mailbox in Drelliad Village (just outside the walker), but not any further away.

Yup, this one is unlocked, you can then unlock the rest by uncovering the map, you can also pick a few quests, like the first one at the exit of the starter village and the one where the journalist ask you to find her collegue to get his recordings.

Edited by Goreshaga

Yup, this one is unlocked, you can then unlock the rest by uncovering the map, you can also pick a few quests, like the first one at the exit of the starter village and the one where the journalist ask you to find her collegue to get his recordings.

Well, that was surreal. Definite TIL material, that. And ultimately, not the most useful TIL material either.

Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior story each attributes the restarting of the war to the play character's actions in first chapter..

On the other end, on Corellia the Imperial Agent story references Sith Warrior, Sith Inquistor and Trooper storylines as it names the two Darths and Imperial General involved.

Bounty Hunter has to end their story before Republic characters meet the new Chancilor.

Edited by RameiArashi

You can't travel to a stronghold from your starter instance, and while you can *buy* a Master's Datacron bundle while you're in there, you can't use the datacron itself until you leave.

Here's something else to add to your TIL material. You can travel to a stronghold while inside the walker if you exit out of the cutscene.