Who doesn't love Torian?

Elixand

Laconic

Ha, well-played. :D

I've heard a few grumbles about him, mostly being a kid and looking like Bieber, or possibly being useless as a DPS (YMMV widely), but he's got his fans :) My BH is (finally) wrapping up Act I so I'll get to meet him soon... been waiting for that since beta! :mon_tongue:

P.S. OP, who is the other best voice actor? XD

Edited by Jenovan

Ha, well-played. :D

I've heard a few grumbles about him, mostly being a kid and looking like Bieber, or possibly being useless as a DPS (YMMV widely), but he's got his fans :) My BH is (finally) wrapping up Act I so I'll get to meet him soon... been waiting for that since beta! :mon_tongue:

P.S. OP, who is the other best voice actor? XD

Liam O'brien check out lezards laugh on youtube just think how good he'd be voicing a empire guy.

I essentially adore every single companion I've got as a BH. Well, except Skadge maybe. Though I don't have him yet, so I can't say for sure... I do know that I break into a smile every single time Blizz or Gault want to talk to me. And Mako's like the sister my BH never had. :')

But yes, Torian is amazing. Dat Johnny Yong Bosch! Mandalorians are always cool though. And I daresay, female BH's first flirt with him is arguably the coolest flirt in the game. :cool:

ive not got to him yet with my BH but it wont matter as i love having my love interest with me mako or atleast until we get blood then i may use someone else but i doubt it she an my hunter just click they act of each other so well that it would seem weird not having mako by myside an its not for her healing either as im more then capable of looking after myself as tatooine just proved as while im questing ive got mako an the canner of doing crew skills an even that felt weird without makos lines.

mind you nothing beats the lines you hear on nar shaddaa by the fugitive trying to beg for his freedom near the cantina

I love him. I think Vector will be a close second for a romancable favorite (I have a weak spot for men who look like Phantoms, even if they are digital). I love how much he tries to prove himself, regardless of if you're male or female. He's adorable.

But yes, Torian is amazing. Dat Johnny Yong Bosch! Mandalorians are always cool though. And I daresay, female BH's first flirt with him is arguably the coolest flirt in the game.

THIS. Didn't see it the first time, then it registered. Exited conversation, restarted, and got some cute lulz. Loved it.

Edited by Kikilicious

nothing personal, but i was so hoping this thread wouldn't go anywhere, because i despise torian. negative 80 affection and proud of it. useless little pretty boy... 'due's paid', oh gag. voice acting, please. a little husk does not a misunderstood tough heartthrob make. akaavi spar, now there's a mando. bathes in blood, baby. of course, my opinion probably doesnt count for anyone who does like him, because not only do i find Skadge hilarious and awesome, im actually not even that big on blizz. cute, yeah, but he never really adds to a convo in ay other way than 'look its a jawa!' type stuff. torian meanwhile detracts from everything, while mako, gault and Skadgey boy all interest and depth... uh, maybe not 'depth', but you know. for example, when darth ormen force chokes you (or mako if you have her out, so i hear), Skadge grumbles 'let's see him try it with his hands.': simple, yes, but perfectly fits that feeling of helpless, dumbfounded bitterness. one gets from a force choke, or really any stun. id love to know what torian does in that scene. seriously. im thinking about it now and cant even imagine what golden boy might say. act confused and shocked at the brutality, maybe sulk a bit? no, wait, he smolders, doesn't he? please don't tell me he steams!

nothing personal, but i was so hoping this thread wouldn't go anywhere, because i despise torian. negative 80 affection and proud of it. useless little pretty boy... 'due's paid', oh gag. voice acting, please. a little husk does not a misunderstood tough heartthrob make. akaavi spar, now there's a mando. bathes in blood, baby. of course, my opinion probably doesnt count for anyone who does like him, because not only do i find Skadge hilarious and awesome, im actually not even that big on blizz. cute, yeah, but he never really adds to a convo in ay other way than 'look its a jawa!' type stuff. torian meanwhile detracts from everything, while mako, gault and Skadgey boy all interest and depth... uh, maybe not 'depth', but you know. for example, when darth ormen force chokes you (or mako if you have her out, so i hear), Skadge grumbles 'let's see him try it with his hands.': simple, yes, but perfectly fits that feeling of helpless, dumbfounded bitterness. one gets from a force choke, or really any stun. id love to know what torian does in that scene. seriously. im thinking about it now and cant even imagine what golden boy might say. act confused and shocked at the brutality, maybe sulk a bit? no, wait, he smolders, doesn't he? please don't tell me he steams!

I lvoe all my companions. They all seem to have depth and personalities, regardless of the voice acting. And Torian is quite Mandalorian, in my opinion. Everyone is raised differently, remember that. They also don't let us see much of him, but rather the Mandalorian culture. We don't see his personality as much, as he takes pride in the Mandalorians because his father was a traitor. He'll probably gain more depth when tehy add more companion quests.

As for the force choking thing, I had Mako out. She asks you to not piss him off any longer. Whe n I got the job, he wouldn't stand down until my character got back to the ship (got into Tormen's house right after we married). I dunno, I think he's cute, but I do agree that we should get more info on him, rather than the Mandalorians.

But yes, Torian is amazing. Dat Johnny Yong Bosch! Mandalorians are always cool though. And I daresay, female BH's first flirt with him is arguably the coolest flirt in the game. :cool:

Just about perfection, that flirt, yes. I love how he just looks up at her, no smile, no grumble, just says, "I deserved that." I remember choking on my soda during that scene, I was laughing so hard. My friend was insisting I give her the low-down, and I looked over at her and said, "Oh, I just fell in love with the Mandalorian."

Torian remains at the top of my list of favorite companions so far. He's sometimes been beat out by Blizz but typically ends up coming out ahead. Quinn is fascinating me, as well, but Torian is just...better. At least he would die before he even thought of betraying my BH, heh.

I think the BH really did luck out when it came to companion charaters, though. When you sit back and think of those characters you'd really want to hang with, given the chance, there are few crews that match the BH's, anyway. I think I'd be stabbed in the back on the warrior's ship, fight off grabby hands on the knight's ship, have bad dreams on the inquisitor's ship, or worry I'm being indocrinated on the agent's ship. Not sure about the smuggler's crew, though. They play cards over there and that might be fun. And wookies are about as cool as jawas, I think.

I love Torian. His story was pretty cool (The BH class stuff on Taris was some of my favourite), and I like how he's a character you've encountered previously before he becomes a companion of yours. The Bieber hair is just funny, though.

From an RP perspective, my BH just sits there and /sighs when he starts professing his love. She doesn't want a boyfriend, she just wants ... well. You know.

So he's been relegated to kitchen duty.

On topic - I was completely and pleasantly surprised by how much I ended up liking Torian. He's competent and respectful. He understands that my BH is the better hunter and looks out for her without being over-protective. Sure, he's a little quiet, especially when flirting, but he's serious. He's not like Doc and flirting with anything.

I do wish I had spaced out his affection gains more - while I was all excited at the time that I got pretty much all his quests in a row, now I'm sad because they are done. I also wish some of the BH flirt lines weren't quite so cheesy

Especially the one about "my big hunter get a skin" or something...feels out of character.

Overall, I felt that the romance arc with Torian (had I spaced it out properly) went extremely well.

The one dialog about him working on a shot to show off for me and the Mando'a proposal were fantastic. Even his direct approach of telling my character he's in love with her. They made not be flashy, but they felt sincere and in-character. And what my BH would look for in a mate.

Torian's melee DPS.

Blizz is ranged tank and Skadge is melee tank. They both have guard stances, while Torian has two DPS stances - an armor pen one and a bleeds one.

I believe he has a damage absorption stance but now ill have to check to be sure. So far on Hoth he's been pretty successful as a tank.

EDIT

this is what originally led me to believe he was a tank. Still would like more info on the stances

http://bountyhunterhaven.com/companion/torian-cadera/

Edited by DarthPunitor

Just about perfection, that flirt, yes. I love how he just looks up at her, no smile, no grumble, just says, "I deserved that." I remember choking on my soda during that scene, I was laughing so hard. My friend was insisting I give her the low-down, and I looked over at her and said, "Oh, I just fell in love with the Mandalorian."

Torian remains at the top of my list of favorite companions so far. He's sometimes been beat out by Blizz but typically ends up coming out ahead. Quinn is fascinating me, as well, but Torian is just...better. At least he would die before he even thought of betraying my BH, heh.

I think the BH really did luck out when it came to companion charaters, though. When you sit back and think of those characters you'd really want to hang with, given the chance, there are few crews that match the BH's, anyway. I think I'd be stabbed in the back on the warrior's ship, fight off grabby hands on the knight's ship, have bad dreams on the inquisitor's ship, or worry I'm being indocrinated on the agent's ship. Not sure about the smuggler's crew, though. They play cards over there and that might be fun. And wookies are about as cool as jawas, I think.

BH does have some amazing companions. I can't comment on Skadge because I don't have him yet (though he seems like a gigantic *** from the one time I did see him on Belsavis), but all the others are very interesting and fun in their own ways. I ADORE Gault, had no idea he'd be as amusing as he is. Blizz is adorable, Mako's like a sister, and Torian is, well, Torian. I dig Mandos. :cool: It's hard to imagine anyone beating out Quinn, just because it's so damn amusing to make him uncomfortable with the flirts, but Torian does give him a run for his money. (Hey, he can cook right? Though Quinn does offer to play nanny with the kids; hmmm...) :p

I also wish some of the BH flirt lines weren't quite so cheesy

Especially the one about "my big hunter get a skin" or something...feels out of character.

To be honest with you, I liked that flirt. But my BH is something of a smart-*** and likes to make glib remarks, so I guess it would depend on your character's personality. :) I can see how that would be very unappealing if you see your BH as someone who is quite serious all the time.

Hi! I have a question. I am at 8100 reputation and since 4000 or so Torian hasnt given me any quests. Im level 40 now, anyone knows if there is a level requirement for the romance or quests? Thank you!