Ability visuals look outdated and it would be nice to see that changed in 7.0

Voroschuk

Since I main a PT tank this is going to be mostly about the Powertechs/Shield Tech discipline, so feel free to add what visual changes you'd like to see.

1. Wrist gadgets (the ones we see during our flame attacks and Explosive Fuel)

The current ones look very outdated in terms of polycount and texture resolution. Plus they look too large IMO.

The white color should be changed to something more metallic, so it will look neutral on top of most armor sets

2. Shoulder Cannon

While everything written above applies to SC as well, the whole concept of huge cannon appearing out from nowhere looks weird, especially if someone isn't wearing heavy armor in their outfit slot. Also, it clips horribly with almost any set that has some sort of jetpack in its chest piece.

The only solution I see is to make those rockets launch from the wrist gadget, or maybe knee pads (Like what we have seen in Boba Fett's armor).

4. Deadly Onslaught

Everything I wrote about shoulder cannon and the wrist gadgets applies to this animation as well but it is 10x multiplied because of the size of all those rocket launchers and how over the top the whole animation looks.

You know, people love Death From Above animation, why not make it similar?

Make the PT hover above the ground in Rocket Boost kind of style while he unloads a few missiles from his wrist launchers. Just don't forget to make him always look directly at AOE while he unloads and moves around and it will become even cooler animation than DFA.

5. Neural Dart/Shatter Slug/Rail Shot

Make it shoot from our gun, so we could see our pistols in use more frequently.

6. Heat Blast

That fireball looks a bit boring and not like something that vents heat. Spraying some hot steam from our wrist gadget will look more like what that ability actually does, the yellow shield is fine tho.

7. Oil Slick

Even the puddle spilling animation deserves better in 2021))

8. Flame Burst

Okay so here I would like to see something more than a visual update:

Is it possible to make that ability look like a channel when we click and hold the ability button? It can "tick" and generate heat every GCD, just like the Flame Burst we already have, but we won't have to click the ability a few times in a row. Pretty sure that most players will prefer to use the flamethrower in that way.

Edited by Voroschuk