Post 7.0 Titles

Raveon

This may have been already addressed in 7.0 but I was not able to locate anything so if it has, sorry please link the relevant threads after beating me up on not searching correctly. :)

What about giving us the Master and Darth titles cross faction? Now that we are able to use cross faction abilities there doesn't seem to be much reason to further gate those titles behind factions. Given a Jedi using lightning is likely dark, and therefor why not have the Darth title for example?

We could put it behind like Dark or Light rank minimums per character, or per Legacy like everything else is currently...

Thoughts?

Darth is a Sith title, not a dark side title (and no, that's not the same). While a fallen Jedi could certainly call himself Darth, when there's a Sith Empire in existence at the same time which does not acknowledge this, it has as much meaning as your local neighbourhood homeless crack addict calling himself Lord Emperor of the World.

The same goes for other class story titles, they have meaning through the class story that your character lives through, not through some alignment or whatever abilities you use.

Darth is a Sith title, not a dark side title (and no, that's not the same). While a fallen Jedi could certainly call himself Darth, when there's a Sith Empire in existence at the same time which does not acknowledge this, it has as much meaning as your local neighbourhood homeless crack addict calling himself Lord Emperor of the World.

The same goes for other class story titles, they have meaning through the class story that your character lives through, not through some alignment or whatever abilities you use.

Yes and no, I mean I see your point to an extent - while they are technicality sith or jedi titles there are certainly plenty of examples of Jedi taking the Darth title; recognized or not officially by any organization. If you have to get Dark or Light 5 in order to get cross faction titles - you are effectively living through a series of decisions as you progress through a story that defines you. At this point the game seems to be open to blurring the lines between factions it would seem, and titles are simple extensions of cross ability swapping we will be seeing.

Yes and no, I mean I see your point to an extent - while they are technicality sith or jedi titles there are certainly plenty of examples of Jedi taking the Darth title; recognized or not officially by any organization. If you have to get Dark or Light 5 in order to get cross faction titles - you are effectively living through a series of decisions as you progress through a story that defines you. At this point the game seems to be open to blurring the lines between factions it would seem, and titles are simple extensions of cross ability swapping we will be seeing.

There have never been members of the Jedi Order that held the title of "Darth." Anyone with the title "Darth," even fallen Jedi, have been either working for whatever incarnation of the Sith Empire exists during their era or are the antagonists that are trying to (re)create a Sith Empire themselves. Storywise in SWTOR, you can be a dark-aligned Jedi and the Republic/Jedi will still accept you but if you were to take on that mantle of "Darth," both organizations would realistically put you in jail since that is a title of their sworn enemy and shows a clear allegiance to the Sith.

The title of "Master" could be an option since it can be ambiguous since it is a relationship title on both sides as opposed to just a rank for top Jedi. That being said, it would still be off for a high-ranking Sith to call themselves "Master So-and-so."