Itemization in 7.0

EricMusco

I really HOPE they used the next 45 days to FIX and improve SWTOR 7.0 before Launch. It's be nice if that allowed them to release 7.1 a bit sooner, not sure that it will however.

Eh they haven't fixed anything yet, they are on vacations. Which is fine.

But they will fix the numerous bugs, not the design.

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but we lose 110% accuracy with the new gear...

Edited by Pricia

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's be nice if that allowed them to release 7.1 a bit sooner, not sure that it will however.

I can already tell you with 100% confidence it won't release sooner for sure, they already said it themselves and common sense and a quick look at how much content they actually added to the game in the past 2 years or so will make it clear. They're barely able to produce ANY new content. 2021 had ONE Flashpoint and 2 small mirror Strongholds added. That's it. For the entire year. Any talk about anyhing getting released sooner in this game is nonsense.

Edited by Pietrastor

• 2 weeks later...
I can already tell you with 100% confidence it won't release sooner for sure, they already said it themselves and common sense and a quick look at how much content they actually added to the game in the past 2 years or so will make it clear. They're barely able to produce ANY new content. 2021 had ONE Flashpoint and 2 small mirror Strongholds added. That's it. For the entire year. Any talk about anyhing getting released sooner in this game is nonsense.

Well said, If you stop expecting high quality big studio effort and compare it to more of a game being run by an underfunded indie studio it lines up a bit more. Though I think the Indie studio would care more about their consumers and value them more.

Just doesn't seem like anyone takes pride in their work over there, gives off massive "I just show up for a paycheck and clock out" vibes.

It's why when people ask for a UI or menu tweak I'm like "no, no, no... No more menu work." They need to be on Flashpoints and Operations, or even though the story is so broken at this point... Even a good massive story I could respect, as long as its more like Class Stories and not like KotFE.

• 2 weeks later...
Eric,

Did you and Charles not learn from the disastrous fiasco that you tired to do in 6.0? With the same armoring plan as your doing here? And you decided after all the hell that was raised it was not a good thing? Why is it that BioWare must discriminate against the non-nightmare operation raiders? Why? Your discriminatory practices here is unacceptable as it is unconscionable.

Now you are taking everything away from us because you believe your new system will make our playing experience better? Really? Renown gone, improves game play? Giving his scat static green, blue, and purple gear improves game play? Tell us we cannot have access to modable gear unless we do NM operations?

This is why Final Fantasy XIV is a superior game and Square Enix a superior company to BioWare/EA. Why? Because they treat all the players the exact same way. There is no endgame gear gated behind Savage/Unreal raids. No, not at all. They gave us player a number of roads and ways to obtain endgame gear. More importantly, FFXIV does not differentiate between hardcore and casual players and those in-between. You and your company do not treat us in that manner.

Charles is doing this to placate his raiding guild and all raiders by tell us who do not do NM ops we cannot have modable gear. That is by definition discrimination. While you can do whatever your hearts so desire, ultimately, it will cost your company where it hurts it the most, the net profit. However, I'm sure y'all put enough shiny things on the cartel market people will always spend their hard earned cash and bend a knee to y'all in compliance and not bother fighting for what is right.

Charles and company are dead wrong in trying to push this new armor system through like they were in 6.0. They've made too many changes and removed ways that we who do not participate in NM ops cannot obtain modable gear. This is why I will never put on any static gear after 7.0. I will use my 306 BIS gear until such time it is useless because y'all make changes to make it so. At that point, I'm just one customer who will just delete his account and walk away quietly never to darken the doors of this once great company. BioWare is nothing more than a puppet to EA who dictates what and will be done no matter what they customers want, think, say, or do.

BioWare compared to FFXIV/SE is a 2-star game & company. Heck, if Wargaming is a couple cuts above your company right now. And you can bet your bottom dollar y'all are going to take it in the shorts when the content creators who play this game realize the unquestionable disaster 7.0 is in its current state. Y'all saw what Asmongold, Rich, and the other big streams did in their endeavors moving to FFXIV right? That may happen to BioWare/SWTOR.

Word to the wise should be sufficient. Leave the current armoring system in place leave all the boosts, renown, and other mechanics in place so we who are not NM ops players can do what we were doing. Its a win/win for everyone. What you propose, will end up as a magnificent failure of epic proportions forcing you to go back to what we now have. Karma...remember that.

Post Script: I know you'll not answer this nor will you acknowledge it. You do not care to have someone post in opposition to what you say or do. I halfway expect this to be deleted and my account sanctioned. Why? That's how y'all operate.

It seems they didn't learn anything from their past mistakes in regards of gearing , from the looks of it they are going the "World of Warcraft high end raider route" or be left alone in the dark gearing wise.

I'm a day 1 player since release and I went through all the gearing systems from RNG boxes to the disastrous Galactic Command tiers and pretty much seen everything to hell and back , the system in place rn is by far the best because it offers FREEDOM for literally anyone to play and min-max their gear without being forced into RAIDS and raiding schedules :mad:

I will give them 1 month if they don't revert this mess or add moddable gear for each game-mode of choice I will not be playing anymore and I recommend everyone else that is unhappy with these abnormal gearing changes to follow the same route as me.

Vote with your wallets people ! :rak_01:

Edited by offence

Hey folks,

What will happen to the Dark vs Light system?

• To compensate for the loss of constant alignment gain, character alignment levels and thresholds will revert to pre-Dark vs. Light system totals

We'll be keeping an eye on this thread to answer questions that may have not been answered in the post.

Thanks!

-eric

Can we clarify this please. Does it mean that if a toon was started after the DvL meter started, they will revert to zero? Even if they have achieved Dark V? Because that would truly be ridiculous.

it seems they didn't learn anything from their past mistakes in regards of gearing , from the looks of it they are going the "world of warcraft high end raider route" or be left alone in the dark gearing wise.

I'm a day 1 player since release and i went through all the gearing systems from rng boxes to the disastrous galactic command tiers and pretty much seen everything to hell and back , the system in place rn is by far the best because it offers freedom for literally anyone to play and min-max their gear without being forced into raids and raiding schedules :mad:

I will give them 1 month if they don't revert this mess or add moddable gear for each game-mode of choice i will not be playing anymore and i recommend everyone else that is unhappy with these abnormal gearing changes to follow the same route as me.

Here!! Here!!

There should never be stat effecting gear locked behind any type of content. There should always be an alternate path to obtaining any gear that effects your in game stats. To do anything else is to discriminate against people who, for whatever reason, choose not to participate in a specific part of the game. And I can hear the elitists out there now, "if you aren't going to do NiM raids, why do you need the gear?" And the answer is simple, because it is there. And it should be available to all, and not just to a select few.

Edited by NeoBlakkrstal

Can we clarify this please. Does it mean that if a toon was started after the DvL meter started, they will revert to zero? Even if they have achieved Dark V? Because that would truly be ridiculous.

That is not how I read it.

Prior to DvL, the total to achieve Light V or Dark V was 10000, and I-IV were various totals along the way (1000, 2000, 4000, 6750). They are reverting to the old levels needed for the various tiers, because they are removing the server event that lets you build points up easily during play. I expect they will convert down preserving the character's current tier.

Here!! Here!!

There should never be stat effecting gear locked behind any type of content. There should always be an alternate path to obtaining any gear that effects your in game stats. To do anything else is to discriminate against people who, for whatever reason, choose not to participate in a specific part of the game. And I can hear the elitists out there now, "if you aren't going to do NiM raids, why do you need the gear?" And the answer is simple, because it is there. And it should be available to all, and not just to a select few.

Again, making things rare is the only reason the posses any value at all. If anybody gets gear for free like now you are not thinking "wow this guy has 306!" you are just thinking nothing really. Also as I am personally an elitist I can tell you that I wish everybody would have the same gear because then they would probably stop blaming it and actually improve.

Btw I agree that everybody should be able to get max gear, you just should be able to get it faster from doing harder content in the game.

Again, making things rare is the only reason the posses any value at all. If anybody gets gear for free like now you are not thinking "wow this guy has 306!" you are just thinking nothing really. Also as I am personally an elitist I can tell you that I wish everybody would have the same gear because then they would probably stop blaming it and actually improve.

Btw I agree that everybody should be able to get max gear, you just should be able to get it faster from doing harder content in the game.

It's fine if anyone hit 306 easily however that doesn't qualify u for every content. There's 20 sub categories of mods etc and once u min max theirs how well and skilled you are at your class. Someone parsing a 9k on a dummy vs a 23k on a dummy their both 306 but 1 guy knows his class better. The guy yhat knows his class better can go do nims with a team the guy that does 9 has to learn his class still.

Hello

This is my first time posting on this site so hopefully I get it right.

I am relatively new to this game. Having joined about a month ago there is much I don't know about the game, and I have yet to finish a story. I do not know what all the changes are going to be nor how they will affect me. Terms like Ops, Raids, Dungeons, Conquests are all foreign to me as all I have done so far is the main story plus some side missions. I have done the flashpoint Black Talon and Esseles, the Sith Warrior Marauder and Jedi Knight Guardian being the main characters I have been playing.

This is a fun game, it is beautiful, immersive, and it captivated me. In the short time I have been here I spent around $400 dollars on a two month subscription plus Cartel Coins. Part of that is from my lack of understanding collection, so I ended up buying the same two outfits three times before I realized I didn't have to. I wanted to get as much as I can out of this amazing game while I had some free time. If things goes according to plan I will be quite busy, I want to join the Army. But this game has the potential to draw me back in the future. I would want to come back, finish the stories, and make new characters to try different choices. I get it that it's an MMO but the story and the uniqueness of individual characters is what captivated me most, along with the beautiful scenery and the music, I truly felt immersed in a galaxy far far away.

But this update is going to change that immersion and that is why I write this.

As I said, I am new and do not know everything about the game. But I know how the Dark or Light toggle switch works and I positively love that part of the game.

Please do not remove this gem from the game!

It is my understanding that the Dark or Light alignment will be decided on a "morality" system based on choices in the story and crew skills diplomacy. Well, I find it hard to believe that kills will no longer be counted. Is there not moral decisions and thoughts involved in killing / defeating foes? Why should this not continue to count towards Light or Dark side points the way it currently is? This is a very big part of the immersion of the game, a part of what makes it real in a sense. Your actions of killing NPCs affect your alignment based on your commitment to the ways of the Light or Dark side. Not to mention the Force is in all living beings in the Star Wars universe, so killing anyone, be it a big end level boss or the minion along the way, it should continue to count toward one's alignment. Like what Satele Shan told the Jedi Knight upon their arrival to the Temple, "Taking a life affects the Living Force and the one that does the killing."

This very special part of the game is uniquely suited for Star Wars. It contributes to bringing the Force to life in the game and greatly enhances the immersion in the game. Taking away the Light or Dark toggle switch removes a great part of the immersion and reduces the significance of the Force. The path of Light Side or Dark Side does not begin and end with some choices in dialogue or crew skills diplomacy, it is a part of one's entirety. And it is not difficult to compare the Light and Dark way to real life either.

If I punch someone for looking at me the wrong way, then it could be said I made a Dark side choice. On the flip side if I punch someone attacking a helpless person in an attempt to save that person and protect them it could be said I made a Light side choice. Those might not be the best examples but hopefully anyone gets my meaning.

The concept of Light Side vs Dark Side is a really interesting part of Star Wars, and a very important one too. Likewise, the Light or Dark toggle switch is so important to the game and contributes much. I ask again, please do not remove it.

I do not want anyone thinking I am expecting some sort of special treatment because I paid some on this game. But I have read in other spots where people complain about F2P people, and I do not want to be lumped into a category as a complainer who hasn't contributed anything to the game. I also want to say this to any Bioware developer reading this, should you decide to keep the Light or Dark toggle switch, I will subscribe for a year whether I play it or not. This has been a great experience during my short time here and I want others to be able to experience it should they choose to.

Thank you for this amazing game. Please do not remove the Light or Dark side toggle switch, it's contribution to this game can not be overstated.

Hello

This is my first time posting on this site so hopefully I get it right.

-snip-

Thank you for this amazing game. Please do not remove the Light or Dark side toggle switch, it's contribution to this game can not be overstated.

Their minds are made up, the DvL toggle is leaving. In time you will get used to it being gone. It might take longer to get used to the UI changes...

A couple of links to help you avoid mistakes like rebuying Cartel Market items again:

SWTORista has great information for new players and old alike.

Reddit has information for new players too.

It seems they didn't learn anything from their past mistakes in regards of gearing , from the looks of it they are going the "World of Warcraft high end raider route" or be left alone in the dark gearing wise.

I'm a day 1 player since release and I went through all the gearing systems from RNG boxes to the disastrous Galactic Command tiers and pretty much seen everything to hell and back , the system in place rn is by far the best because it offers FREEDOM for literally anyone to play and min-max their gear without being forced into RAIDS and raiding schedules :mad:

I will give them 1 month if they don't revert this mess or add moddable gear for each game-mode of choice I will not be playing anymore and I recommend everyone else that is unhappy with these abnormal gearing changes to follow the same route as me.

I conquest a ton of toons. In the current build I'll conquest a JK, for example, pop his gear in the legacy bank, log another JK and retrieve gear then conquest that toon. I do however frequently forget the gear retrieval phase and run the conquest, mainly heroics and fps, with no gear bar a weapon. The only difference is it takes slightly longer to run content.

In SM PvE content, outside of ops, gear doesn't really matter. Higher IR levels mainly allows you to run more difficult content. Iff you don't do HM/NiM then the difference in gear between what will be doable solo through conquest will be negligable at best to what is garnered through NiM Ops.

Hey folks,

With the release of our Itemization in 7.0 article, we wanted to add some clarity around some of the details of that article in addition to providing some supplementary information.

In addition to the removal of the Renown system mentioned in the article, we are changing the Social and server-wide Dark vs. Light systems.

What will happen to Renown Achievements, Legacy Perks, and Boosts

• Achievements will for the most part be moved to Feats of Strength, and have their point values removed (with the exception of Social achievements, as described below).
  • Legacy Perks related to these systems will be removed starting in 7.0.
    • Starting today, Renown and Social Legacy Perks will have their Cartel Coin price reduced to 1

[*]Renown Boosts will be removed from the Cartel Market next Monday, November 8th. Until then, they will be discounted by 90%

• Upon 7.0 launch, existing boost items for these systems (Renown and Social) will no longer work, and will be able to be sold to vendors for a small number of credits

What will happen to the Social rewards?

• We are converting the system from awarding points based on conversation choices to instead reward grouping for activities. Details of the changes are:
    • Achievements have been reworked to now require Group Finder activities rather than Social Levels.
    • The character titles which previously came with the achievements are now exclusive to those who already completed the Achievement. For 7.0 and forward, the updated Achievements will grant Legacy Titles of the same titles (rather than Character ones).
    • These Achievements will gate the visibility and purchase of the items on Social vendors. As players progress through the achievements, more items will become available.
    • The two fleet social vendors will be moved to the Cantina area on both fleets and have all Social items previously available.
    • The old vendors around the galaxy will still be available, but they will only have inventory based on the player's achievement progress.

What will happen to the Dark vs Light system?

• First, let’s clarify exactly what we’re talking about with the Dark vs. Light system. The individual character alignment system, where morality choices made throughout the story in conversations or via the Diplomacy crew skill in order to move a character’s alignment between Dark and Light sides of the Force, will remain unchanged.
  • The server-wide Dark vs Light meter which would pop up every so often to reflect the balance in the galaxy will be removed.
  • The small alignment widget in the UI will be removed
  • The alignment choice every time group finder pops will be removed
  • The DvL bosses that spawned in the world when one side was victorious will be removed temporarily. We plan on re-introducing them in a future update.
  • The DvL rewards vendors will remain in place on both Fleets
  • To compensate for the loss of constant alignment gain, character alignment levels and thresholds will revert to pre-Dark vs. Light system totals

We'll be keeping an eye on this thread to answer questions that may have not been answered in the post.

Thanks!

-eric

So in other words you are Julio Torres 2.0 the guy that loves to mess up the stuff everyone likes. Just like he did with Star Wars Galaxies via the NGE. Stop messing up the systems that work.

You guys are really so lost at Bioware.

You miss the introduction of the 12th generation Intel processors, so a community member has to write a patch for you.

Then you release a patch that makes it impossible for some AMD users to play.

And now you give us an update that will screw 90% of the gamers.

Are there only interns working for you? Or have the controllers taken over the development?

I sincerely hope for you that the nim players pay you your salaries.

Why don't you make another Anthem 3.0 - that would look good on you. Oh wait... :D

You know IMHO yall are destroying this game. It's like yall wanna change things just for the sake of changing it.

if it's going to happen then at least make good changes. Why take something that was good, and make it less than what was. Honestly really disappointing! This game was great the way it was. At least that's how I felt about it. :mad:

You should focus your energy on new content, because that's why players stay with the game or come back.

I suspect you've put a lot of work into things that not only I think suck.

From the content is after three hours end and that after 2 years of waiting ... :mad:

Haven't read the forum in a few days because with 7.0 I've quit caring.

Haven't logged into the game since Feb 15 because I totally dislike the changes and deeply resent that so much expensive stuff was stolen from me.

Probably my last post here because, as I said, I've quit caring. That's likely the harshest indictment of 7.0 -- I'm beyond angry, beyond mourning what used to be an okay game. Now, I simply don't care.

Resubscribing to ESO because those guys at least know what an expansion is.

Edited by scratcha

I'm very pissed that im not able to use my cartel bought weapond. but i can tell you is my subscription will be terminated. i will not spend another dime on this game because the money ive put into their market is now useless and worthless. what was the point in buying something i can no longer use?

but i will have a chance to check out other games. one gets my money and this one just took itself out of the running

Why do I get as a rep shadow btw imperial looking OP gear (tionese in that case)? Is it random if I get republic or imperial armor? Its pretty annoying anyway for people that are trying to get a specific looking type of armor. Edited by Jesseriah

PvP Gear and Accuracy clarification.

Thyrsian armor, acquired by participating in PvP, will not contain any accuracy

Thyrsian offhands will come in two stat distributions, one with accuracy and one without. Players will be able to choose which version of offhand they desire, or collect both.

this is a lie.