Devs - Re: Theron Shan: If you give story choices, then please code for them

Kass

During the Nathema Conspiracy you offered players a choice on how to deal with Theron Shan -

for my Sith Inquisitor, it was to either forgive him, or exile him from the Alliance.

I made the story choice to Exile an adviser that I could no longer trust.

In dialogue with Satel Shan about Theron, I defended the position I took and why his Exile was justified.

I just played the current solo story mission for 6.3.1 Briefing on Odessen... and who do I see walking around next to Lana for the briefing???!!! The supposed to no longer be there Theron Shan...?

What is aggravating is that it breaks the immersion of the story, and it negates the connection with my character through the choices that is supposed to make my story

This isn't the first time I've seen this in the Prelude to the Spirit of Vengeance an invisible Theron popped up and was fully voiced in the conversation, again despite my choice regarding him.

This repeated oversight really needs to be addressed so this stops happening - otherwise you should have NEVER offered the

Exile Theron

choice.

This shouldn't be happening when the bread and butter of your game is the immersive story.

Please do better.

*At the end of the day, and after 10 years of being a fan of this game, things like this are making it impossible to continue to promote this game outside of the immediate community, because there are these silly oversights and coding or physics mistakes that makes any videos embarrassing to upload (Malgus Reborn Chest-piece cape with a mind of its own and severe-through-the-body-clipping during cut scenes; for example. Literally my teenage daughters friend is looking to get a new computer to play SWTOR and we have to be careful what videos we send so as to leave the best impression and avoid all the silly glitches that have yet to be fixed)

Edited by Kass

They do. You've encountered a bug.

I think it's bad coding that was outsourced to a vendor that did a bad job. I've come to the impression that Bioware Austin only does design, and then outsources all their coding? Hence the lack of quality checks.

Total shot in the dark accusation that helps me sleep better at night for the ridiculous amounts of money I spend on this game.