Knights worth playing or not with a non-force user

LordMalekai

I am wondering if it's worth it to skip knights with my bounty hunter. A common thing I see is that it's really designed for force users. I'm guessing the scoundrel/bounty hunter just trolls vitiate for the hours it takes to get through? lol

I'm ok with minor spoilers (I already did it once with a sith). I am wondering if it's worth a second playthrough with my bounty hunter.

Not this again. People keep saying that KotXX was written for Force Users (some go so far as to say "for Jedi Knights" because the sample character in the publicity shots is a JK), but for most of the story it just plain doesn't matter.

Example: Chapter XIII of KotFE involves a heist on Vandin. *Nothing* in that story depends on the character being a Force User.

Example: Chapter VI of KotET involves sneaking around during an event on Zakuul. In this case, a Force User would actually be *more* wrong, since the main antagonist is a very powerful Force User, and an FU player character would surely stick out like a sore thumb while infiltrating.

The only one that's *really* problematic is KotFE Chapter XII, and the word is that the original script involved non-FU characters undergoing basic Force training (for reasons), but it got butchered into its current form. (Some traces of that original version are still visible...)

The way I head-canon it is, I think my characters basically have some midichlorians, just not enough to show up as "force-user" by either the Jedi or Sith that do that sort of testing. When under Extreme duress these powers at times manifest themselves (IC explanation for "heroic legendary" abilities, but only when accompanied by certain individuals (companions).

The premise for a non-force user in the story not making sense for the story-line however takes place before KOTFE and KOTET though. Ziost, it makes no sense for the Emperor to single out my BH (why me and why not Mandalore?), or my smuggler, trooper or agent.

To BIoware's credit, they did a good job with the cinematics (having the BH plug him with a blaster).

I noticed what you mentioned in the chapter (on Odessan where you try to move the tree trunk with the force but can't.

You still read some texts about the force though, IC.

As well as the "emperor being in your head" gives you an excuse for being able to "use" some force abilites.