Amplifiers in 6.2.1 - Feedback

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

You can now test the changes made on Amplifiers on PTS! Those changes include a reorganization of the Amplifiers user interface (UI), the introduction of a new tier of Rarity (White tier), and Rarity Locking coupled with the Weekly Cost Reset. You will find more information about those changes here: Welcome to the 6.2.1 PTS!

Below you can find the type of feedback that the team is looking for:

• Can you easily find your Amplifiers?
  • Can you navigate the Amplifiers list?
  • Did you have any trouble determining how to reroll an Amplifier or lock the rarity?

Let us know your thoughts below.

Edited by JackieKo

A quick question, as I've only been able to look at it for the first few minutes, will we be able to hide/close the added window with the amplifiers? Having it showing every time you open the character screen adds more clutter when I'm already working with character, preview, and inventory windows open.

In practice, I like the new way it is ordered.

Amplifier rerolling seems fine, finally being able to put Flashpoint Rewards/Pvp Rewards/etc on especially Dxun armor shells within a reasonable amount of time and credits is very good (maybe lucky, spent average of 1 million per piece, between 1-15 expensive rerolls per piece for a full set).

I preferred the old layout of the character sheet, now waist, legs and feet are separated from the rest of the armor with mainhand/offhand between them. Many of my characters share mainhand/offhands, but just a few of them share armor sets, so it has been straightforward until now to click everything off to inventory, then click again to put my stuff into legacy bank in order. Now, that separation between upper/lower body armor makes it more tedious. I understand the change, mainhand and offhand are in real life separating waist from hands, but I do not believe it is a meaningful translation from real life to game, especially considering there are fundamental gearing differences between armor/weapons: set bonuses, hilts, barrels, armorings, crystals etc. Please keep the mainhand/offhand slots separated from armor like before.

Also like another poster here said: the amplifier list (not the amplifier list which appears from clicking Potential Amplifiers but the one seemingly built-in in the character sheet) clutters the screen, and I don't see the button for opening/closing it like it works on live. I'm using a 1920x1080 monitor and usually these new big windows like the login rewards work fine, however, when previewing how armor looks, I frequently have open my inventory, character sheet and the GTN, maybe even a cargo bay. I'm not interested in seeing my amplifiers when I do that, and right now the amplifier list takes up a fifth of my screen space. I hope this button omission is only temporary.

Oh, and the shell amplifiers still say Efficient Synthweaving when it, according to all the other crafting skill names compared to mission/gathering skills, should say Synthweaving Efficiency.

I like the list of current amplifiers. It should be something we can toggle though. It might be good if the potential amplifier list didn't have all of the sections expanded by default. That way we can more easily see the types of amplifiers available.

Can you easily find your Amplifiers?

By using the list on the right side? No. Mainly, because I care more about the Armoring amplifiers and they get mixed up with the mod and shell ones and it's a mess. i still use ctrl+right click in order to realize what's what. Also, that list not being collapsible is a tremendous aggravation.

Can you navigate the Amplifiers list?

Again, I would rather have those amplifiers ordered/collapsed as the crafting skills are, in groups that include the armoring amplifiers, the shell ones and the mod ones. As they are now, the list is too long and too mixed up to be useful.

Did you have any trouble determining how to reroll an Amplifier or lock the rarity?

A bit of trouble, nothing worth complaining. The text "loc:291:itemenh" I hope will be changed to something more intuitive. Other than that, it gave me a nice mathematical problem t figure out if it's more advantageous to use the lock or not.

As a returning player, what do you mean with they are not working as intended? I just created my crafting sets some weeks ago. Do mean this was completly useless?

the efficiency and success ones work, but the +crit (currently) is is either so random it is useless or is completely broken - and the devs still refuse to comment (you'll notice the deafening silence in the lack of replies to the very direct questions) as to which it is, so we just call it broken

I still take the time to fish for the +crit, hoping that one day they might fix it.

Edited by Kaveat

the efficiency and success ones work, but the +crit (currently) is is either so random it is useless or is completely broken - and the devs still refuse to comment (you'll notice the deafening silence in the lack of replies to the very direct questions) as to which it is, so we just call it broken

I still take the time to fish for the +crit, hoping that one day they might fix it.

Thanks for your answer. Hmm that is really dissapointing. Was a nice idea, but i think crafting is still not important for bioware. As a crafter in SW Galaxies and other MMOs I am willing to put more effort into it. Too bad it is not worthwhile.

So far, I see that tree list only on the potential amplifiers. It would be more important for the list of current amplifiers, and even better would be having the total sum of that type of amplifier in the category header, and the categories being sorted by combat-related effects (armorings) first and then the QOL stuff from mods and shells. At the moment, the list of current amplifiers seems to be sorted randomly and its stuck to the character sheet with no way to minimize it.

Please return a button to open the amplifier list and have it closed by default. As it is now on the PTS, we can't have 3 inventory type windows open (bank, inventory, char sheet) without the amplifier list covering one of them.

Edited by Mubrak

Pretty much this ^

I have full +10 crit sets on multiple crafters and efficiency sets. The +10 crit provides no noticeable difference to crafting crits or successfully completing missions on you companions. I’ve crafted thousands of items now and the only “crafting amps” that work are the efficiency ones.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

So far, I see that tree list only on the potential amplifiers. It would be more important for the list of current amplifiers, and even better would be having the total sum of that type of amplifier in the category header, and the categories being sorted by combat-related effects (armorings) first and then the QOL stuff from mods and shells. At the moment, the list of current amplifiers seems to be sorted randomly and its stuck to the character sheet with no way to minimize it.

Please return a button to open the amplifier list and have it closed by default. As it is now on the PTS, we can't have 3 inventory type windows open (bank, inventory, char sheet) without the amplifier list covering one of them.

All good points that I also support.

A quick question, as I've only been able to look at it for the first few minutes, will we be able to hide/close the added window with the amplifiers? Having it showing every time you open the character screen adds more clutter when I'm already working with character, preview, and inventory windows open.

In practice, I like the new way it is ordered.

In my opinion, it is an absolute must that the additional amplifier window can be closed and opened if needed and(!) is closed by default. Even if you use the current amplifier window or will use the new one for rolling, once the amplifiers are rolled, this window is obsolete. It would then just be another annoying window, just like the login rewards/subscriber bonus/activity finder/current conquest/cartel market-window (no idea how this is officially called) opening up every time when you receive the guild conquest reward upon the weekly reset.

When Amplyfiers were introduced with 6.0, on PTS there were amplifiers on Enhancements. Why were these never implemented in game? There was a vaguely worded promise when 6.0 dropped that they would be added later. Does this hold true? Some of those amps would make life so much more fun ingame.

Amplifiers and augments on tacticals, why is this not a thing?

I've had not the chance to check the PTS out yet (Steam player..)

But I've seen some of the screenshots off the pts and spoken with players who had access to it. So I'm going to base my feedback on that:

Can you easily find your Amplifiers?

I can easily find my amplifiers on the regular servers now. But when seeing the screens of the current changes on the PTS I think it may be a bit too much screen filling and overwhelming in the Character Menu for new players.. And in all honesty they should not even worry about their amplifier stats until they hit level 75 and gear 306.

So 1. Perhaps add the option that you can minimize it will be perfect? (Like a button as the "Select Title" Or next to "ship" in that tab?

2. Have it locked for players who have not yet received level 75? So they can actually focus on the content without having to worry about it? As it's only wasting money if they get a better gearpiece when levelling on the next planet.

Can you navigate the Amplifiers list?

I can. However maybe adding the tiers in the menu would be easier? (stats, crew skills, miscellaneous) As you need to learn to recognise the icons before the amplifier. (nowedays I know what the dps/heal/tank icon looks like. But absolute new players may not have a single clue.)

Did you have any trouble determining how to reroll an Amplifier or lock the rarity?

I've not been able to reroll on the PTS but sometimes I do overlook on the + % on it. For example I have a 0,50% on something and I've been so much in the flow of re-rolling that I accidentally skip the 0,60 or +1%. Maybe graying out the "lower" tiers of the current % you have? So you can easily see which one has better stats than the other without overlooking?

A new tier of Rarity has been added to improve the visibility and readability of Amplifiers. In addition to the existing tiers: the Premium (Green), Prototype (Blue), Artifact (Purple), and Legendary (Gold) tiers, there is now a rarity for the lowest tier: Standard (White). No Amplifier values and no odds to obtain specific Amplifiers have been changed.

I don't understand this part. Why is a white tier being added and what exactly is this tier? Does this become clearer on the PTS?

This feature is costly due to the improvements it grants, so it has been coupled with the Weekly Cost Reset to allow players to save credits by waiting for more re-rolls.

What weekly cost reset? Is that something new on the PTS?

Am I to understand that once the patch goes forward, if you re-roll amplifiers over and over to say almost costing 100,000 credits to re-roll, every week that will reset back to the original cost (usually around 22,000 credits)?

Will this apply to already existing Amplifiers that are at 100,000 credits to re-roll?