Is there much point in gearing?

xianzooloo

I’m a solo player who is really only interested in playing story level content. Is there much point in pursuing the higher gear ratings for stuff? I get slapped about in heroic missions sometimes but seeing as everything is scaled down anyway after a couple of revives I tend to get through it.

Not really unless you wanted to min/max your character. But if you dont care about doing raids or anything and just focusing on the story then imo no. I personally just buy some Adaptive gear at lv 10 and buy new upgrades for it every 8 levels all the way up to level cap. That will get you through anything the story has to offer for pretty cheap.

I’m a solo player who is really only interested in playing story level content. Is there much point in pursuing the higher gear ratings for stuff? I get slapped about in heroic missions sometimes but seeing as everything is scaled down anyway after a couple of revives I tend to get through it.

It's not so much a matter of 'pursuing' higher rated gear as it is just a matter of accumulating better gear as you go along.

That is, there's no need to 'focus' on getting better gear, but better gear will come along anyway. 🤔