Are There Any Other Lightsabre Attacks For The Sage Or Sorcerer Classes?

GalaxyWeasel

Do Sage or Sorcerer class character have any other lightsabre attacks besides just the original basic, non-energy consuming one that they have at the very beginning? If not, that seems to be rather a waste of building the weapon in the first place if you just have it for that one basic attack and that's it.

Do Sage or Sorcerer class character have any other lightsabre attacks besides just the original basic, non-energy consuming one that they have at the very beginning? If not, that seems to be rather a waste of building the weapon in the first place if you just have it for that one basic attack and that's it.

Facetiously: if you play Sorcerer/Warrior, you don't build the weapon. (You dig it out of an old tomb.)

Same if you play Sage/Inquisitor. (Zash gives it to you.)

But there is another that you acquire (if you choose it) way late in the levelling process. (In 6.X, it arrived at level 72, and in 7.0 it's somewhere similar.)

Don't forget that in the context of the original story for Sage, you might have been a Shadow instead, except that you were, in reality, just a Consular, and therefore might have *become* a Shadow.

I think the strength of your attacks - either direct lightsaber attacks or 'force' attacks - depend upon the stats of your weapon (among other things). So building up your weapon is necessary.

Facetiously: if you play Sorcerer/Warrior, you don't build the weapon. (You dig it out of an old tomb.)

Same if you play Sage/Inquisitor. (Zash gives it to you.)

But there is another that you acquire (if you choose it) way late in the levelling process. (In 6.X, it arrived at level 72, and in 7.0 it's somewhere similar.)

Don't forget that in the context of the original story for Sage, you might have been a Shadow instead, except that you were, in reality, just a Consular, and therefore might have *become* a Shadow.

I'm talking about just the Sage or Sorcerer character classes themselves, not the Jedi Consular or Sith Inquisitor storylines. And by 'building the weapon' I meant generally having it, as in- What's the point of aquiring the weapon (whether that's building it at the forge or being given it by Zash and then later getting Kallig's) if you only have one attack with it and that's it?

I think the strength of your attacks - either direct lightsaber attacks or 'force' attacks - depend upon the stats of your weapon (among other things). So building up your weapon is necessary.

I'm not talking about having the weapon for stats, I'm asking whether the Sage or Sorcerer character classes have any other attacks involving the lightsabre (or other melee weapon) other than the basic attack they have from the beginning. If the entire reason the character has the lightsabre is for,

#1: That first original, basic attack

and

#2: For the stats

that seems very little different from the Scoundrel having the Scattergun or the Operative having the Shiv. Both of those are only really needed for a couple of attacks, and besides those two or three attacks and the stats from the items they don't really have any other contributions to the character's moves.

I'm talking about just the Sage or Sorcerer character classes themselves, not the Jedi Consular or Sith Inquisitor storylines. And by 'building the weapon' I meant generally having it, as in- What's the point of aquiring the weapon (whether that's building it at the forge or being given it by Zash and then later getting Kallig's) if you only have one attack with it and that's it?

Read more carefully what I wrote. There's another "hit with the sabre" attack that shows up way late in the levelling sequence.

that seems very little different from the Scoundrel having the Scattergun or the Operative having the Shiv. Both of those are only really needed for a couple of attacks, and besides those two or three attacks and the stats from the items they don't really have any other contributions to the character's moves.

In one of the Operative specs, the Vibroknife is actually very important, since it's used in a core attack. (Same for Scoundrel/Scattergun, naturally.)

For Sorcs and Sages, your lightsaber is a stat stick like a staff for a Mage in WoW. There is a basic attack with it, but its garbage. If you are swinging your saber at an enemy after the starting planet, you are doing it wrong.