Legendary Ember?

Gelious

So on my quest to make myself a new infinite medpack I reached the final stage - crafting the thing, and discovered it requires a new legendary component - Legendary Ember. 5 of them, in fact. So far I accidently got one -from a crew mission came another mission (wealthy), and it was one of rewards.

It says it'a a rare reward for harvesting and missions. How rare are we talking about? Should I go to Onderon and look for biochem nodes? (dont even know what those look like, to be honest) Should I spam crew missions? There are plenty of Embers on gtn, but I would still like to know how to get them myself.

rich missions seem to have a small chance to drop the mission discoveries... or better, run the grade 11 slicing lockbox mission (which drops them on crits)

I didnt level any comps influence except my main, and the alt with slicing has only low level companions. I take it the change to crit depends on influence?

breaking 300+ items give some.

I broke a lot of 300+ items while getting to 306 and beyond. Never got any.

Edited by Gelious

I didnt level any comps influence except my main, and the alt with slicing has only low level companions. I take it the change to crit depends on influence?

Having a high influence comp with at least one slicer is a good invesment.

Still, since you already have the schematic for gold medpack, getting the embers you need is trivial in comparison. Look at the price of those in GTN and also look at the price of Bioanalisys grade 11 mission discovery (Do not even try diplomacy, i got zero embers from those). You should get one or two embers from a single grade 11 bionalisys mission discovery.

If you have slicing, you can go pick boxes in world. They drop missions. I got like 10 mis in 2 days, but 1 only biochem.

what about underworld tradiing. I am a armormech and I have been looking for this mat. I have 1 that out of like 100's of deconstructs of 300+. Also where do i get those missions for underworld trading if there is any.

Easier ways are to get them from lootbox grade 11 slicing (when you crit, you just don't know for what skill will it be). Or buying from GTN. Underworld Trading mission discoveries are the ones that provided me with more Embers each, this is probably because UT involves Two different mats, mission disco for them were always the best.

So on my quest to make myself a new infinite medpack I reached the final stage - crafting the thing, and discovered it requires a new legendary component - Legendary Ember. 5 of them, in fact.

Can you post the full list of stats on the stim and the full list of material requirements please?

I’m also curious how many RE attempts of the purple version it took.

Edited by phalczen

Can you post the full list of stats on the stim and the full list of material requirements please?

It's not a stim, it's a medpack. I haven't even began trying to make new stims.

Anyway the cost is

10 of medical equipment - blue grade 11

10 of medical equipment - green grade 11

10 of medical equipment - purple grade 11

5 Legendary Embers

5 purple curious cell grafts.

It's said to restore 43741-52300 hp and and additional 13075 over 15 sec.

In full 306 unmoddable gear and BH buff while staying out of level synced zones I have over 260k hp

As for the number of attemps... it took about 4-5. I think it was just luck, since tooltip stated its a 5% chance.

Edited by Gelious

I've been getting Legendary Amber some of the time on the un-lockable grade 11 missions that come from the one-use tokens.

I've gotten 3 Amber randomly from regular missions & deconstruction.

I've gotten 10 Amber from the one-use token-unlock Missions.

NB: I've run a *lot* of them, but nowhere near as many as regular repeatable missions.

So ... it *seems* like they are the "best" way to get Amber.

Just my observation from my personal crafting endeavors so far.

Also, congrats on unlocking a repeatable. I'm still stuck in RE-purple-purgatory =(

Recap

Legendary Embers drop from:

Deconstruction (presumably of grade 11 crafted items) [very low chance]

Wealthy grade 11 Missions (from mission discovery items) Almost guaranteed multiples

Where to Get Grade 11 Mission Discoveries?

Rich grade 11 Missions [Very low chance, same crew skill]

Slicing Grade 11 nodes [Low Chance, random crew skill]

Slicing Grade 11 Lockbox missions [on crit, random crew skill]

GTN

for the stim and not the medpack, this is what it takes to go from greens to a single batch of stims:

x540 premium unknown organism

x540 premium virulent extract

x432 standard recombinator

x60 prototype virulent extract

x60 prototype unknown organism

x48 premium recombinator

x30 artifact unknown organism

x30 artifact virulent extract

x24 prototype recombinator

x10 premium intravenous injector

x10 prototype intravenous injector

x10 artifact intravenous injector

• 2 weeks later...

So i leveled up my Slicer. Got some mission discoveries from nodes on Oricon. Wealthy missions either drop 1 Ember for me or they dont drop any Embers at all. This sucks but it still better then buying Embers on GTN.

My question is this - what Slicing missions can get a Mission discovery as a reward? There is only one mission that give Lockboxes, I got a Mission Discovery from it. Would the missions for Sliced Tech Parts give one as well?

So i leveled up my Slicer. Got some mission discoveries from nodes on Oricon. Wealthy missions either drop 1 Ember for me or they dont drop any Embers at all. This sucks but it still better then buying Embers on GTN.

My question is this - what Slicing missions can get a Mission discovery as a reward? There is only one mission that give Lockboxes, I got a Mission Discovery from it. Would the missions for Sliced Tech Parts give one as well?

The grade 11 lock box mission returns the one time wealthy mission items on a crit - so run it on a rank 50 companion (which takes less than 7 minutes).

The one time wealthy missions always seem to give me at least one ember (usually more), though I haven't paid enough attention to say with 100% confidence I've never run a mission without receiving an ember.

Embers also sometimes (very rarely) drop when deconstructing gold gear (I deconstruct piles at once, so no idea if its correlated with having the same crew skill as the item or only from named / set items - I just know I've gotten a few here and there from deconstruction).

Edited by DawnAskham

The one time wealthy missions always seem to give me at least one ember (usually more), though I haven't paid enough attention to say with 100% confidence I've never run a mission without receiving an ember.

It's possible to receive 0 Embers. I have so far received 1, then 5 then 3, and at least 2 times there was 0.

Edited by Gelious

Have 40+ embers in bag and sold around 30 while prices was high.

Just slice-slice boxes until any mission pop, then give that mission to char with proper skill AND 50 comp. Run it. Only by 50 comp.

So far had 2 times 0 reward (explicit fail, when comp says "sorry, bla-bla"), most are 1-4.

I think guild/sub bonuses on char help too to get crit.

Edited by alexzk

• 4 months later...
It's possible to receive 0 Embers. I have so far received 1, then 5 then 3, and at least 2 times there was 0.

This is new Isotopes in my opinion and yes the drop rate needs to increase if the price of augments are to fall. 5-9 million for an augment is out for the price range of most players who are trying to min/max for end game content. Not all players have the time or patience to craft and out of 3000 pieces of gear Reverse Engineered I only received 2 legendary embers. And, out of crafting missions 3-5 missions fail to produce the legendary embers. This is only costing the community more credits to be able to gear enough to do harder content. Setting them back and causing Rage quiting, and wipes in instances as they still try to do the content even though minimum stats are not being used.

• 9 months later...
You can buy LEGENDARY EMBERS from the RENOWN VENDOR on the fleet for 3,000 fragments.

I am seeking info on items that can be crafted using the embers?

Planning to check out med packs (Thank you), but what else can be crafte?

Wasting 3k tech frags on 1 ember isn't the right way to go about it. Purchase mods or enhancements when your past ilvel 300 for 175 tech frags each. Decontruct them. You can get more Embers this way then just spending 3k for one.

Yes it can depend on RNG, but more often then not Deconstructing will net you at least 1 if not 2,3, or 4 for that same 3k tech frags.

Edited by Toraak

This is new Isotopes in my opinion and yes the drop rate needs to increase if the price of augments are to fall. 5-9 million for an augment is out for the price range of most players who are trying to min/max for end game content. Not all players have the time or patience to craft and out of 3000 pieces of gear Reverse Engineered I only received 2 legendary embers. And, out of crafting missions 3-5 missions fail to produce the legendary embers. This is only costing the community more credits to be able to gear enough to do harder content. Setting them back and causing Rage quiting, and wipes in instances as they still try to do the content even though minimum stats are not being used.

Atleast there are ways to get them. Solid Resources are still stuck behind having way too many alts & time sinks to be of any benefit. When you need to craft a dozen or more items to unlock 1 schematics and need 12-16 of them each your looking at 150+ what is it 2 per character, 2-4 if in guild. Even if you earned 40 a week...that's still over a month to get enough...to TRY.. no guarantees you will even get the unlock. It's a horrible credit/time sink. At least if when you crafted and reverse engineered you gained knowledge that slowly increased your odds of an unlock you wouldn't feel completely ripped off.

Edited by DragonSire