Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

MadDutchman
06.28.2017 , 07:40 PM | #361
Quote: Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
I agree with you, though with the clarification that I think that Thanaton's ultimate lightning attack has some sort of heavy cost associated with it, like the life-draining of the Barsen'thor's shielding technique. Otherwise, Thanaton would have used it on Corellia, since fleeing the scene of the duel put him in an awful position politically; somehow, using said ultimate lightning attack would be worse than just begging the Dark Council to nullify the Kaggath.
I agree, it was clearly a last ditch effort, throwing everything he had into it.

Had it been a movie we'd probably have seen his skin shrivel up before our eyes.
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Kaedusz
07.01.2017 , 01:19 PM | #362
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
Thanthon was an very powerful sith even when he was the age of the SI he only got more powerful with time so no wonder the SI needed the ghosts he lacked about 20 more years of improving his power to defeated him.
So not really and argument about defeating him with ghosts considering the power of the opponent.
The Wrath didn't need any outside help and all of the Dark Council is fodder to him, hence he is more powerful than Nox.

The Warrior may be anything but if there is one thing he specializes in, it is being better in combat than other force users. That's the nature of his job.
7 days free subscription ---- > http://www.swtor.com/r/k9W2FP

Xilizhra
07.02.2017 , 05:33 PM | #363
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
The Wrath didn't need any outside help and all of the Dark Council is fodder to him, hence he is more powerful than Nox.
Citation needed.

Mzuta
07.07.2017 , 01:21 PM | #364
Quote: Originally Posted by Uruare View Post
Darth Nox? They named my inquisitor Darth Occlus as I recall, and it kinda made me go "So, wait, I'm Darth Eyeball? Bahahahahaha". This is the first I've heard of a Darth Nox.

I wonder if my inquisitor being an assassin...affected that? I'll have to get my sorc to 50 and see, perhaps.

That's Interesting was your alignment neutral?

deltascorchfixer
07.20.2017 , 06:35 AM | #365

The Warrior may be anything but if there is one thing he specializes in, it is being better in combat than other force users. That's the nature of his job.
Dude, just cos it's his job doesn't mean that that's true. Wrath vs the whole Dark Council is hardly a battle. Wrath would lose
Use this link for lotsa free goodies!

http://www.swtor.com/r/3yYPfy

Paulsutherland
07.20.2017 , 07:14 AM | #366

Darth Marr would just ***** slap the crap out of the Warrior while Darth Nox laughs.

Darth Imperious will try to help you.

and

Darth Occlus just can't be assed to do anything.

OldVengeance
07.21.2017 , 01:47 AM | #367
Quote: Originally Posted by deltascorchfixer View Post
o.O

They start the same?!?

The SW has just been training for years on some academy, and the SI has been a slave, who for all we know has spent his life hitting rocks w a pickaxe!

and the fact that Wrath had the ''deck stacked against him''... seriously?

He was sent ahead to the academy before all of the other acolytes, so that he'd have a shot at becomeing Baras' apprentice, and he gets his own PERSONAL Overseer, who's 1 goal is to help him along w his studies, whilst Nox has an overseer who's responsible 4 what? a dozen acolytes? AND is trying his very best to make sure that Nox fails.

And ur saying that Nox can't do anythong w-out his ghosts?

Spoiler

and I know, nox does rely on his ghosts, but if any deck is stacked against anyone, it's Nox, not Wrath.

Spoiler
The Wrath couldn't have been trained that much before going to the Sith Academy. They didn't even know the Sith Code when they got there. Both the Warrior and Inquisitor are only learning Sith basics and fundamentals on Korriban.

When the Warrior was brought in to Korriban ahead of schedule and given those perks by Tremmel, Baras became more likely to look down on him because of that. But the Warrior overcame Baras' preconceptions because he was the strongest acolyte.

Also,
Spoiler

Bird_of_Thunder
07.23.2017 , 11:33 AM | #368
Quote: Originally Posted by deltascorchfixer View Post
o.O

They start the same?!?

The SW has just been training for years on some academy, and the SI has been a slave, who for all we know has spent his life hitting rocks w a pickaxe!

and the fact that Wrath had the ''deck stacked against him''... seriously?

He was sent ahead to the academy before all of the other acolytes, so that he'd have a shot at becomeing Baras' apprentice, and he gets his own PERSONAL Overseer, who's 1 goal is to help him along w his studies, whilst Nox has an overseer who's responsible 4 what? a dozen acolytes? AND is trying his very best to make sure that Nox fails.

And ur saying that Nox can't do anythong w-out his ghosts?

Spoiler

and I know, nox does rely on his ghosts, but if any deck is stacked against anyone, it's Nox, not Wrath.

Spoiler
A couple things with this:
1) Yes, they start even. There is no indiciation the Warrior had prior training before Korriban. If you can cite where it says this, I'll bite, but until then it doesn't hold up.

2)
Spoiler

3) The Wrath 100% had the deck stacked against him. He was dealing with an incredibly cunning Sith Lord who controlled the might of the Imperial military (Baras replaced Vengean as head of Military Offense).

4) The Wrath has just more accomplishments to his name:
Spoiler

The SI just doesn't stack up as well.
One Trick Marauder
Ebon Hawk, U.S --> Star Forge, U.S.

Myrmicus
07.25.2017 , 01:25 PM | #369
Now, I'll try to sink my teeth in this touchy subject. I'll take both gameplay and lore into account to back my statements. I'll also consider the Warrior to be both Juggernaut and Marauder, while the Inquisitor is both a Sorcerer and an Assassin.

Oh, and I have my own thought about them being immortal (I think they are not), but that's beside the point. Even if one can't be killed, he can be defeated.

Lore wise, from what I can recall, I think Wrath is more powerful... as in "more powerfull in the Force" : Baras did comment about the wonderful strength that lies within. The very fact that the Warrior did benefit from training before entering the Academy and having his personnal instructor, while the Inquisitor started as a slave, a nobody in the middle of a group of would be Siths, doesn't really tells us that Nox has more merits... it tells us that the Warrior was initially more valuable and was treated as such. That being said, strength in the Force doesn't equal in winning. Plus, maybe Wrath is more powerful than Nox to begin with... but Nox found a way to augment his own power, by binding ghosts. Theorically speaking, one could say that his power is limitless : he simply need to bind more ghosts to become more powerful. This is, of course, debatable, since doing so puts him at risk both physically and mentally, which is a huge hindrance compared to innate power. Even then, measuring power scales isn't really feasible and we can assume that they have comparable power in the end.
But here, we're talking about raw power.
Wrath is mainly a swordplayer, I'm not saying that's all he can do, I'm saying that's what he MAINLY do. Even taking the Assassin trees into account, the amount of swordplay skills makes Nox subpar in the area. If we're talking about a pure lightsaber duel, Wrath would obviously win. Now, we will take Force disciplines into account. Wrath is a Marauder and Juggernaut, fueled by rage. This means he could tank lightnings and gain more strength from the pain. His powers turns him into a one man army, an unstoppable force. But, said powers seems to be instinctive and unrefined : he uses telekinesis, negative blasts and physical enhancements. This is not something to be laughed at : Wrath is very much a force of nature. His very title embodies the "primal" aspect of his character.

On the other hand, Nox's powers are highly refined : besides the obvious lightnings (which are primal darkside bursts), he can siphon life and alter minds (Madness tree), refine lighnings (lighning tree) and restore failing bodies (corruption tree), create illusions (Concealment tree), and protect himself (shields and tank tree). Nox is a scholar, making his mastery over the Force higher. The bound Force Ghosts extend his knowledge too, making him even more fearsome in this regard : he has access not only to Sith knowledge, but also to Jedi and Voss knowledge, making him maybe more knowledgeable than even the Emperor (highly debatable). This mastery is an obvious edge, making the Inquisitor highly adaptable.

Now, if we sum it up :
- In term of raw power, Wrath is more powerful initially, but the addition of Force Ghosts even the odds.
- In an unpreppared fight, I think Wrath would have the upper hand. He is, after all, the Emperor's executionner : a powerful being, a fighting machine, tough and higly durable. He would certainly overwhelm Nox with his superior fighting skills while tanking most of what the Inquisitor could throw at him. Even then, the adaptability of Nox would make such a fight really hard for the Warrior to overcome. His story is about being the strongest and proving it time and time again.
- In a prepared fight, I would place my bets on Darth Nox : Nox is more knowledgeable and has a deeper understanding over the Force. His story is about coming from nothing - a slave - and overcoming the odds (hostile teachers, hostile mentor, hostile Council member, hostile Ghosts poisoning him) with research, mastery over the Force and careful planing.

All in all, I think Darth Nox, while not being more powerful per say is the most dangerous of the two.

adormitul
07.25.2017 , 05:50 PM | #370
Yes with prep Darth Nox can beat the Wrath even if both can have prep time. The Wrath never plans or strategise in any competent manner.

Lets take his only event when he planned and strategised. He had to go in an base with thousands of republic troops to eliminate the war trust generals. His plan was assault the base with his crew one side attacks there and another side there. This is with 5 people against thousands of republic troops lead by the best generals the Republic had to offer. The result he won how he did it is one of the mysteries that will boggle any competent tactician and strategist ever.

So with prep time Darth Nox can find ways to beat the Wrath because he will not engage in any tactic or strategy he will just attack you no mind games no hidden traps no nothing he will just go at you with everything he has and you can stop him him by traps, illusions and bombs the question is will this be with prep or not?