petition for the ewok to be buyable via CC

astrobearx

And yet you said the game will not going to be PAY TO WIN, when what Bioware is doing is exactly that.

So now players will no longer have to grind and play the game... Heh.. game ruined. Sigh, sad to see a big developer like Bioware getting desperate and going to pay to win route.

Good luck. Keep doing it. Why not put those armorings, crafting materials, mods, etc on the Cartel Market! Let's make a petition! Woot

You can still get Treek without paying. Just because paying may be easier doesn't mean it's everyone's only option. Hence no pay to win.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can still get Treek without paying. Just because paying may be easier doesn't mean it's everyone's only option. Hence no pay to win.

I'm legacy level 45... no need to buy it... so the time we spent playing the game will go to waste now? Why not have Ewok be a cartel market in the first place? it's dumb. Let's make a PETITION to not make EWOK a Cartel Market.

Hence, there's not even a quest to get Ewok. Also, EWOK is not a cosmetic but part of the game, which is content. So once again, Bioware lied when they said SWTOR is not PAY TO WIN.

Good job.

Also, what uses are the legacy levels now when EVERYONE, can buy an exclusive LEGACY item like the Ewok? Come on Bioware. Stop being greedy and have a content where subscribers will actually do something to earn something.

Guess what, expect bad publicity again and lose more subscribers if you are really serious in putting Ewok. You realize that will negate the benefits of a legacy level in the game right?

I'm legacy level 45... no need to buy it... so the time we spent playing the game will go to waste now? Why not have Ewok be a cartel market in the first place? it's dumb. Let's make a PETITION to not make EWOK a Cartel Market.

Hence, there's not even a quest to get Ewok. Also, EWOK is not a cosmetic but part of the game, which is content. So once again, Bioware lied when they said SWTOR is not PAY TO WIN.

Good job.

How is this companion making the game Pay to Win when its just a companion who can heal or tank, nothing more, she doesn't provide some secret buff that you can use in operations or flashpoints, you get a healing companion and two tanking companions naturally.

There is nothing pay to win with this character at all, its pretty much purely cosmetic, essentially what all the other things in the cartel market are.

How is this companion making the game Pay to Win when its just a companion who can heal or tank, nothing more, she doesn't provide some secret buff that you can use in operations or flashpoints, you get a healing companion and two tanking companions naturally.

There is nothing pay to win with this character at all, its pretty much purely cosmetic, essentially what all the other things in the cartel market are.

You don't get it lol It's something for those people who SPENT their time leveling alts and their legacy. IF you don't have legacy level 40, don't blame us. But for someone who spent that much time, it should be a reward at least for everyones hard work.

But then, Bioware desperately needs money. So please Bioware, get those armorings, crafting materials, etc up on Cartel Market please. That will please a lot of people who doesn't want to grind

You don't get it lol It's something for those people who SPENT their time leveling alts and their legacy. IF you don't have legacy level 40, don't blame us. But for someone who spent that much time, it should be a reward at least for everyones hard work.

But then, Bioware desperately needs money. So please Bioware, get those armorings, crafting materials, etc up on Cartel Market please. That will please a lot of people who doesn't want to grind

I can see part of it, I would personally make this companion free or at least massively discounted (maybe 150K credits) to those with legacy level 40 while keeping the million credit cost for those not at level 40 legacy.

But I'm still not seeing the pay to win aspect of it

Well, perhaps I am part of a third group that was not mentioned....I am nowhere near Legacy Level 40, do not have anything close to a million credits across all of my toons, and I still think this is a good thing.

Why? Because quite a few folks were complaining about the amount of items that were making their way to the CM instead of general release in the game, and this is a general release item.

Not only that, it's not simply a recolor of armor or speeder...it's actually an item that has some value and will not be easy to get for every toon you have (not as simple as paying cash and clicking a button).

That means it is a real addition. And it is not collectable, not an item you can simply shortcut buy with CC...good things I think.

The choice of Ewok might be odd to some...and I agree it was a bit disappointing (would have liked a Jawa) but I think it has appeal to a good amount of folks.

I think personally this is a win win. It needs to remain a credit purchase item only IMO.

If they added a jawa they would get the same crap they get for re-skinning speeders.

e.g "why just give me blizz again on my bounty hunter omg bw so lazy" etc,

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know that no petition is necessary, you will be able to acquire Treek via Cartel Market if you so choose. Having her be a part of the Legacy system allowed an avenue for players to get her without spending any of their Cartel Coins if they wanted!

-eric

Oh Jesus...:rolleyes:

And yet you said the game will not going to be PAY TO WIN, when what Bioware is doing is exactly that.

So now players will no longer have to grind and play the game... Heh.. game ruined. Sigh, sad to see a big developer like Bioware getting desperate and going to pay to win route.

Good luck. Keep doing it. Why not put those armorings, crafting materials, mods, etc on the Cartel Market! Let's make a petition! Woot

its not. being pay to win, would mean that treek was ONLY available thru the CM. you have the option to get her thru credits/legacy level (i know i will), if YOU choose to get her thru the CM then that is your choose.

Isn't there enough grinding in the game already? Don't you have to grind to get 1 mill credits?

It's a new (frankly pointless) companion, something you don't have to have like armor and such. It's not "pay to win" to obtain the companion,.its an extra thing for fluff that again....you don't need. So what exactly is your problem?

I wont be getting her because I am NOT paying 1 mill credits...for anything. Takes me too long to get that much credits for me. I need all my credits for crew skills. Not pointless end game companions that will just be one large pain in the butt to get maxed out affection on like HK is. I really don't understand adding end game companions when getting them affection is pretty much impossible.

Edited by DarthVengeant

You made it sound like having legacy level 40 is some kind of big deal ,the game has been out for ~1,5 years already and i've been sitting at legacy lv 50 since April 2012. It's very easy to get legacy lv 40 ...

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know that no petition is necessary, you will be able to acquire Treek via Cartel Market if you so choose. Having her be a part of the Legacy system allowed an avenue for players to get her without spending any of their Cartel Coins if they wanted!

-eric

can you confirm wether or not you still have to have the required legacy to use it if you buy it with CC. I really hope you still have to have legacy 40. I was hoping it would be credits only but I understand why you added the CC option.

Isn't there enough grinding in the game already? Don't you have to grind to get 1 mill credits?

It's a new (frankly pointless) companion, something you don't have to have like armor and such. It's not "pay to win" to obtain the companion,.its an extra thing for fluff that again....you don't need. So what exactly is your problem?

I wont be getting her because I am NOT paying 1 mill credits...for anything. Takes me too long to get that much credits for me. I need all my credits for crew skills. Not pointless end game companions that will just be one large pain in the butt to get maxed out affection on like HK is. I really don't understand adding end game companions when getting them affection is pretty much impossible.

I can easily get 1 million in one hour. do quests, do dailies, and you will get your 1 million in an hour or two. Not a big deal.

Also, EWOK is not a cosmetic but part of the game, which is content. So once again, Bioware lied when they said SWTOR is not PAY TO WIN.

They've always said playable content would not go into CM and that cosmetic stuff would be routed through the CM. Nobody lied....you apparently just failed to comprehend something that has been said over and over for many months now. And what exactly is someone "winning" by getting this Ewok companion? You're "winning" a stuffed teddy bear as a carnival prize....but if it doesn't give you an edge over anything that can be obtained in-game with Cartel Coins...and if it doesn't help you beat other players or PVE content any more than one of your other companions....then it's not helping you "win" anything. Frankly, I'd argue that walking around with an Ewok companion is "losing", lol.

You clearly have no idea what the phrase "pay to win" means to basically every other person on the planet.

Also, what uses are the legacy levels now when EVERYONE, can buy an exclusive LEGACY item like the Ewok? Come on Bioware. Stop being greedy and have a content where subscribers will actually do something to earn something.

Guess what, expect bad publicity again and lose more subscribers if you are really serious in putting Ewok. You realize that will negate the benefits of a legacy level in the game right?

The legacy benefit is pretty obvious.....it allows you to get the companion with credits instead of spending real-life money. Most people would consider saving real-life money to be a benefit. The "lose more subscribers" comment shows you're pretty out of touch with the state of the game. The monthly revenue for this game has doubled since the CM was added. So despite the vocal minority who constantly whine about the CM on the forums as part of their anti-CM agenda, the game seems to be doing just fine with the CM.

IMO, you don't get it...lol.

Dude.. that's Pay-2-Brag, NOT Pay-2-Win.

What did you win? Bragging rights? LOL... OOOOOOOOKKAAAY

Legacy is a free perk that drops form everything you do in this game. If you think you earn it.. think again. It's perky... which is a good thing.

Edited by Andryah

The legacy benefit is pretty obvious.....it allows you to get the companion with credits instead of spending real-life money. Most people would consider saving real-life money to be a benefit.

Agreed. Legacy has a lot of value for the player....especially a player that rolls alts. And just because Cartel Coins are an optional access method to some content does not devalue Legacy.

The "lose more subscribers" comment shows you're pretty out of touch with the state of the game. The monthly revenue for this game has doubled since the CM was added. So despite the vocal minority who constantly whine about the CM on the forums as part of their anti-CM agenda, the game seems to be doing just fine with the CM.

Yep. Eventually though.. the rabid anti-CM rhetoric will die out..... just like every other rabid fear based shriek about the game eventually does.

I c an pay to avoid actually having to put forth a little effort, hence Pay 2 Win.

I can see part of it, I would personally make this companion free or at least massively discounted (maybe 150K credits) to those with legacy level 40 while keeping the million credit cost for those not at level 40 legacy.

But I'm still not seeing the pay to win aspect of it

You can pay to avoid the legacy 40 requirement. How is that not pay 2 win?

can you confirm wether or not you still have to have the required legacy to use it if you buy it with CC. I really hope you still have to have legacy 40. I was hoping it would be credits only but I understand why you added the CC option.

I was just about to ask BioWare the same thing. Hopefully through all the P2W posts ( which are wrong , buying an Ewok for cartel coins is in no way P2W ). they will read your question and me backing up your question.

Read here eric and crew !

Cheers,

BadOrb.

You made it sound like having legacy level 40 is some kind of big deal ,the game has been out for ~1,5 years already and i've been sitting at legacy lv 50 since April 2012. It's very easy to get legacy lv 40 ...

You have legacy 40, but a lot of people, including the OP do not, and that is why they want to be able to pay 2 avoid the time and effort required to get to legacy 40. PAY 2 WIN.

You can pay to avoid the legacy 40 requirement. How is that not pay 2 win?

We don't know that yet and even if that is the case then an Ewok companion has nothing to do with end-game , it's just another companion and as far as I'm aware every character class has their own tank and healer companion . So no not P2W at all. It's fluff , psychotic fluff but still fluff.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I was just about to ask BioWare the same thing. Hopefully through all the P2W posts ( which are wrong , buying an Ewok for cartel coins is in no way P2W ). they will read your question and me backing up your question.

Read here eric and crew !

Cheers,

BadOrb.

If you can bypass a requirement by paying money, that is PAY 2 WIN. It may not be buying BIS gear, but by paying money, I can avoid that requirement I don' t like.