Please don't let me down!

SithLordSheevaKy

I want to be able to defect to the opposite side! I have never seen where you can do that in a game. I have seen where you can become the antagonizer sometimes, but not outright evil. I just want the option to become out right evil, if I started as a peace loving jedi., But I want the option as well to learn love and empathy, as a Sith, as well. Just want this game to do what no other game has done before.

This would be so epic... (IMO) But if it happens and the writers/dev story SWTOR team go this bold route, WE need a cool "Fan Service" cinematic where ALL your dialog choices are combat ones... To just to show off how powerful and experience the "Commander" really is... adding more options depending on all the content you done so far...

You know, give the Hero/villain/Anti-Hero a time on the screen to go all Vaylin or Valkorian overpower mode for once... as a statement to all that oppose you... and endanger your friends/servants/allies...etc.

Come on SWTOR cinematic team please show us how powerful can our PC really become in YOUR and OUR Star Wars (personal and yours) story movie!

Pretty please... lol :D (its just a fan suggestion... not an expectation or demand, I know even without this I will love the story SWTOR Team give us) :)

Thanks to your Devs awesome work we all have a personal story to share in the Star Wars universe even if its just canon in our heads! ;)

Edited by Zehal

I want to be able to defect to the opposite side! I have never seen where you can do that in a game. I have seen where you can become the antagonizer sometimes, but not outright evil. I just want the option to become out right evil, if I started as a peace loving jedi., But I want the option as well to learn love and empathy, as a Sith, as well. Just want this game to do what no other game has done before.

If you make choices labelled "Dark" as a Jedi, you'll come out pretty evil anyway and "Light"-only Sith show a lot of empathy, even if love is occasionally in short supply.

Here are the things that would have to happen.

It is difficult mechanically, but not impossible:

You would have to have access to the other fleet.

You would possibly have no more access to your original side's planets, heroics, flashpoints and operations.

You would have access to the opposing side planets, heroics, flashpoints, operations.

Right now there is no dialogue or companion approval/disapproval for story lines on planets that are not your original faction. Those would have to be added.

All in all, this would be quite expensive (additional dialogue: voice actors, etc). So somewhat doubtful it would happen.

Although there could possibly be a third option of only new worlds where your new faction would come into play.

Hmmm I think some other vet players and even myself have suggested similar ideas where SWTOR could re-use part of...or all of old content to make it accessible to the other faction, classes, etc. :rolleyes:

However as you yourself mention its not that simple a task and they had to add or even re-do some of the existing content to accommodate this, but I'm not against the idea... the SW stories and RPG quest content are for the most players I encounter what brings them back again and again to sub... ;)

Its (IMO) the strongest point of the game (The movie like story telling), so adding another layer or variant to that RPG story content is diffidently something welcome. Obviously I only speaking for myself... I'm sure the few people that I know who still remain playing would agree with me but... I would not speak for them. (They almost if ever come to the forums to give any feedback, I'm always the one posting the stuff we talk about of things we like to see that we agree but that I really love the idea haha lol) :p

I really hope the devs would at least consider your idea... I really like it. (keeping my fingers cross) :D

Edited by Zehal

My Sith Warrior would jump at the chance to become a Jedi if he was ever given the option. He took to heart in his story arc where he saw a vision of his Light side self that could be but that development never followed through. He can still do the occasional Dark option, but his heart is Light. My Imperial Agent would at least consider joining SIS, at least before he became the Commander. It wasn't automatic, but Theron would have had a good chance to seduce I mean convince him.

My Jedi though couldn't go Sith. Never. They are 100% pure Light.

Edited by Hadsil

• 4 weeks later...

You would possibly have no more access to your original side's planets, heroics, flashpoints and operations.

You would have access to the opposing side planets, heroics, flashpoints, operations.

Right now there is no dialogue or companion approval/disapproval for story lines on planets that are not your original faction. Those would have to be added.

All in all, this would be quite expensive (additional dialogue: voice actors, etc). So somewhat doubtful it would happen.

Although there could possibly be a third option of only new worlds where your new faction would come into play.

I'm fine with this . I'n about at the point of not playing on Empire side past the end of KOTET. If they sabotours can't eventually actually join the other faction in full view there is no point to it.

I feel like all this isn't necessary at all. I think if the developers just confirmed we'll be able to officially defect "in the story" but that this won't show up in how previous content behaves, most players will understand.

Like your last line suggests.

So much of the games underlying functionality is woven into the original factionalism, I think it's too tall an order to hope to make the developers unravel and resemble the entirety of it.

There's really no point either, it doesn't make sense in the story of the mission that characters could go back and do missions that were relevant for the vanilla storyline anyway.

Edited by JuventusAndFCK