Trouble with Taking on Toborro

johndoeb

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I'm sorry but as a Jedi who keeps getting killed and slaughtered by this thing, and the fact I completed all the quests on my Imperial. I have to say, your talking out of your rear, and you're being incredibly rude to people who are simply stating how hard they are finding this boss.

The other poster is right your being extremely condecending for no good reason. I beat all the bosses on Sith no trouble, and quite frankly your full of it. Stop flaming people on the forum and try to post something useful for a change.

I always thought bosses with one-hit KO moves were for optional bosses and side quests.

Putting them on story missions is a bit too hardcore for me lol.

I like to rush in and slash things to pieces, I'm not good at dodging attacks and hopping around.

It's just not my play style ;)

There's a lot of good suggestions here. I'm going to try them all and let you guys know what works.

BIG EDIT: FULL PROOF GUIDE

Using Healer

1. Turn off your healers attacks except heals

2. Send you companion in FIRST via attack hotkey! Make sure your at the other side of room. Vital!

3. Wait a few seconds for your companion to take agro.

4. Walk to boss (don't force leap) walk around him, and then underneath.

5. Use right click only DONT USE SKILLS

6. Your companion will use basic attack and heals only, keeping himself alive and he's immune to blast ray of death. Stay under the monster near the back and whack away with right mouse button. His red circles are nothing to worry about as they do barely any damage. Do not move! If the monster moves because your companion has been thrown adjust yourself accordingly.

7. Within 2-3 Minutes the boss should die. Job done.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

It is as many have pointed out here:

1. Make sure your companion is a tank. Make your COMPANION attack the droid and pull agro for the time being, not yourself.

2. Stay constantly on the side of the droid while not pulling agro (heal and shield your comp, for example). If you are in front or in the back, when the droid generates the insta-death laser you won't be fast enough to avoid, as you are slowed down when it does that. The laser does not affect your companions so don't worry about it killing them- and as a tank, they'll be able to take a lot of damage without dying.

3. After surviving the first laser blast, switch to DPS, power up your toon with DPS boosting abilities and beat the life out of it before it can get off the second laser blast while avoiding its AOE attacks (all the while staying on the side of the droid)

Using this method I beat it quite easily after dying the first two times. POSITIONING is the most important aspect to this battle, not how strong you are or what abilities you have.

P.S. The imperial version is much harder, as it has ads and shields in addition to all of this.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
I can confirm that as of 2020 this is still the best way to complete this mission. As an aside Ive done everything on all classes up to 75 and this mission still stands out as the one boss that made no sense. Not only is the insta-kill stupid for level 55 but the fact there is no medical station nearby make no sense. Bioware I wonder how many subs you lost alone on this dumb mission. Feels like you randomly put a ops boss in a levelling mission. Seriously this one needs a rework.

Let me just say that this thread does NOT belong in story and lore

I have notice this A LOT, people posting in the story section of the forums... then again it seems to be the most active and helpful (IMO), so it could be that too... Maybe they get ignore on other sections or don't get any real info? Oh well...C'est la vie :rolleyes:

• 3 years later...

I died instantly after arriving in that room to fight him, then I died a second time after 20 seconds or so in one shot.  I did as suggested here, and got up under it like it was my personal metal umbrella, and pummeled it with my blaster pistol from underneath.  That took about 30 seconds.  Easy peasy.