Not for resale

yaheloah

Hi,

I dont know if anyone else has this problem but i woudl like to express my feelings.

I wanted to know if i am not alone in this. When i try to create items for sale on the GTN for new players or even veterans at a low price i have no choice but to trust price gouging for resale will not take place. I would like to request an option for the gtn retailers to include a - not for resale option so noone with lots of credits can pick it up then resell it for an outrageous price. Its undermining why i want to offer items for lower prices.

THANKS.

yahreel

I end up on both sides of this frequently.

Things I craft are bought and relisted at a higher price (which means I just make more, usually you end up selling 2 to 3 times more than normal amount before the relisters stop buying).

On the other hand some things I craft end up being sold by other players for less than the cost of the materials to make them. I'll buy and relist them. You're not helping new players by undercutting that much, you're just making it hard for newer crafters to get into the market.

Everyone has a different idea of what a fair selling price is.

From a technical viewpoint, you want your listed items to somehow be changed from 'bind on equip' to 'bind on pickup'; I don't really see that as being possible, or desirable.

When I want to help new players with items that they might need, I will craft the item and then go to the starting planets and watch the chat and that way you can tell who is a new player and who isn't by the questions they ask. I then just mail some stuff that a new player will need without saying a word. Edited by casirabit

I answered the other post already, so I won't say the same thing here.

But just letting you know that double posts (same post on two different threads) can incite the wrath of the Mods. No idea if it's actually against the ToS, or just frowned on. But sometimes things do happen.

I have to say thats really awesome. Its a really good way to help new players. I like it alot. Thanks for the input.

Im not a business person. I never really thought about trying to corner the market or making only my stuff more buyable than anyone else.... At first. Thats how i thought when i offered my first crafted items for GTN price thinking it was how to do it. I was please with what i crafted and was happy to make it available. Now if I could only buy the GTN outright then i wouldnt have to worry about credits ever again! Anyone know if its for sale?

If you undercut by a lot (i.e. for new players with little money), a dedicated GTN trader will buy out your stock even if they can't resell it, just to eleminate the competition. Then they will place their own items on the GTN with the flag on, just slightly underbidding everyone else.

As was already said, if you want to spread the life day joy, lurk on the starter planets in the next weeks, check the achievements to find the new players, write down their names and send out gifts during the holidays.

Edited by Mubrak