Which romance is best written?

Halinmonk

question: how can anyone actually like malavai though since the first time I met him ive hated him and my hate for min only grows the more he opens his yap especially when he complains about vette i also hate jorgan and cant wait to tell him to **** himself when my trooper becomes alliance commander

It's entirely subjective. I can see reasons to dislike Quinn and Jorgan, but I personally like them. They are both great characters and Jorgan is even a good man. They can be very critical of anyone who doesn't meet their standards, but I find this refreshing. In particular, when it comes to Jorgan, it just makes my characters want to earn his approval.

Do you get to break up with Theron or Lana at any point in Kotet? If anyone knows:confused: One of my abandoned toons is in a relationship with Theron, though I don't want her to be.:p

No idea. The only character I've had who broke up with Lana so far was my agent, and that happened when he resumed his relationship with Kaliyo. Near as I can tell, once you've committed to a relationship, only the return of a previously-romanced companion can end things.

Edited by Estelindis

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ Koth seems to be the one exception to that - if you do enough things he disapproves of/ things he thinks are against Zakuul, he will apparently break up with you regardless if your old LI returns. Someone here posted a letter once where he was saying things like, "we can never be together again." I've not romanced Koth so it's hearsay, but it would make sense.

I do think the three KOTFE/Forged Alliances romances are all better written than the class story ones. With both Lana and Theron in Forged Alliances, it's a rocky road, and there's hesitation, and factions do get in the way, and things don't always work out - it seems to be more realistic to me. Like it's a big deal when Lana finally gives you a hug, and during Ziost she's struggling to figure out what to do.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Do you get to break up with Theron or Lana at any point in Kotet? If anyone knows:confused: One of my abandoned toons is in a relationship with Theron, though I don't want her to be.:p

My understanding is no. I think you can only break up with them if you have an old LI that you reunite with.

My understanding is no. I think you can only break up with them if you have an old LI that you reunite with.

No idea. The only character I've had who broke up with Lana so far was my agent, and that happened when he resumed his relationship with Kaliyo. Near as I can tell, once you've committed to a relationship, only the return of a previously-romanced companion can end things.

Thank you both for responding! I decided to just restart my toon as there's no way to break up with Theron, and I miss the agent story. So win win.:D:p

I mean, it's possible that you'd be able to break up later if Bioware codes in the breakup scene for future returned compaions. I would assume it's supposed to happen with Quinn, but they either forgot or didn't have the chance to include it with War for Iokath.

There's one scene on Taris where the base was about to blow up and everyone is about to die. My Wrath turned to Quinn to ask any last words and he said "You know how I feel about you, my lord" and the camera panned to my Wrath with a small smile.

I also like the betrayal scene especially if you completed his romance arc. Quinn called out to Wrath to ask about their relationship and I remember picking a neutral "I don't know" response and they look so devastated. Same thing again on Iokath where Quinn's face broke to sadness before he left.

I really thought the romance was well written. I like drama rather than just disney teen romance.

So far, I like the sexual tension with Arcann in both KOTFE and KOTET, which done more than just lip service romances.

Vector and LS Agent is definitely my favorite, but then I think it has a lot to do subjectively none of us play the same style. I think I like all the Romances except Quinn (no love without trust) and a loose Fem Smuggler. Oh and Risha, cannot stand Risha!