Game Update 5.7 and Beyond

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Since we are formally in 2018 now, Happy New Year to all of you! We know there have been some questions about what is coming next, so we wanted to give you some details. The big “what is coming” type question will be addressed as always in Keith’s Roadmap, which is being worked on now. I would expect a few more weeks before you can read that. However, before the roadmap is in your hands, let’s talk about the next Game Update!

Game Update 5.7 – Legacy of the Creators

Release date: January 23rd

• New Operation Boss: Scyva
    • Available in Story and Veteran Mode

[*]Returning Companions! (these Missions will be Class-specific)

• Risha & Corso
    • Andronikos

[*]New Cartel Market Pack

[*]Various bug fixes / updates

Although we will save the specifics for the Roadmap, beyond 5.7 you can expect additional Companions returning, a new Flashpoint, and more! Thanks everyone, we are looking forward to an exciting 2018.

-eric

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really expecting the new flashpoint with the final reveal of Theron's plan this month, but it seems we'll have to wait longer :(

Did it get pushed back?

I seem to recall something bioware stated about the 4th boss and the FP being released at the same time. Now I'll have to go digging.

Where I live we are "formally" in 2018 since 9 days already. Where does he live? 😀

It's safe to say it's a very thin update with nearly no information, even lacking a date if I didn't onerread it.

This is poor, especially because of the annoying bugs we deal with for over very silent 4+ weeks now..

Edited by Khaleg

Can we at some point get something with a little more meat to it? Like a real explorable planet with side quests and a less linear "storyline". Flashpoints are fine for the group players but single player/solo ones feel very contrived and empty of interesting gameplay. MMO people need their content but the RPG folks need something too. Edited by DWho

Can we just clarify that if your not into Operations and not one of the specific classes that is getting a companion (I would have thought maybe faction specific would have offered more) you are getting a new Cartel Market pack! I appreciate that I have missed out the obligatory bug fixes but will have to see if anything major is fixed.

Obviously we still have February in the winter roadmap but does the dev team see how little they are offering to keep people interested in the game. You seem to have really done away with story after the 'Traitor among the Chiss' story where you aimlessly murder Chiss not to achieve anything.

While the Winter Roadmap seems to be coming aimed at the last month of that quarter, how much is happening in February that its going to take weeks to write up?

One final question, these returning companions, will they be returned in the form of alerts so they player will be silent as their possible LI is returned?

• Risha & Corso
  • Andronikos

-eric

*Bursts out laughing in disbelief*

Can you please, please, PLEASE tell us if these are going to be any better than an Alliance Alert? Because seeing as they are class specific, they're sounding WORSE than Alliance Alerts and you're returning LOVE INTERESTS in the most anti-climactic way possible.

On top of that, seeing as you're returning Love Interest companions on a per class only basis, why the heck aren't the rest of the companions being returned at the same time? It's obvious they aren't going to be part of the story despite you guys saying that companions were important.

I wish you guys would do better.

Interesting. Hopefully this means the returning companion conversations will go beyond, "I thought you were dead. You're not. Huh." And, some variety in the possible conversations. For example, my female Smugglers are mostly tight with Corso, but he's not a LI. LI Corso will hopefully have a very different set of responses and cutscenes than treated-as-a-buddy Corso, or I-never-liked-you Corso. Same, if not moreso, for Revel.

On my female SIs, Revel was never a LI. I've never been a fan of that failed pirate. My SIs shocked him, and treated him as badly as conversation options allowed. Revel suddenly showing up and declaring his joy and happiness at reuniting with such an SI would come across as unbelievable to me.

Thanks for the sneak peek. I look forward to the next roadmap.

Edited by Nmyownworld

1 op boss and 1 fp....thinking that closing my sub and finding a new game to play was the right call.

If only there was a flashpoint.

If your not getting a class specific companion your getting 1 op boss and a cartel market pack. Though to be fair your not getting the pack your getting the option to buy the pack.

hopefully they are holding most stuff back for a meatier expansion a bit later... a proper one as it were. I really hope we get one this year as its past time we did...

I'm sure that's what it is.....:rolleyes:

I wish it were...I just don't believe it is.

*Bursts out laughing in disbelief*

Can you please, please, PLEASE tell us if these are going to be any better than an Alliance Alert? Because seeing as they are class specific, they're sounding WORSE than Alliance Alerts and you're returning LOVE INTERESTS in the most anti-climactic way possible.

I have a bad feeling they're going to be glorified Alliance Alerts with a few lines of dialogue and that's it, even Temple got a FP. I hope I'm wrong.

I have to say it is disappointing the Theron arc is not being wound up.

Me to I really want to see this final FP, but I guess we'll just have to wait...for who knows how long? :confused:

Edited by BlueShiftRecall