SWTOR Security Key App and iOS 15 Beta

Darksplat

Hi

Current I have to remove and reapply my security key every time I want to logon through the SWTOR website, as the Security Key App keeps defaulting to the Activation stage of the app.

This is starting to get a little annoying. I have a iPhone 12 with iOS 15 beta and use the official SWTOR Security Key App. Please look into it and update the app ASAP.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

After updating to ios 15 (Officialy released a week ago - i have Iphone 11 Pro ) i have almost the same issue , i open the security key app i get the "enter activation code" i close it and then i open again and works fine.

I beleive the swtor security key app needs to be updated or we might have issues logging in :(

Edited by Glabos

I am having the same problem. I have iOS 15.0 (not beta) on an iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Can open the security key on my iphone, get the request for activation code. Have had to log into my account three times, remove the security key. Then re-establish the security key, etc.

I can also confirm that if you completely close out the security key on the phone and then relaunch it, the security key app seems to be fine. Looks like something needs to be looked into here.

Thanks

This worries me, I was planning on getting a new ipad 9th generation but it comes with ipadOS 15 preinstalled.

Don't fuss about it. There's a whole host of different authenticator apps, of which I know the names of:

* Google Authenticator

* SaaS-Pass

* OTP Auth <<<===== I use this one

* Authy

* WinAuth <<<===== Actually runs on your PC rather than your phone

Any of them will work if you have persistent problems with SWTOR's own-brand app. I know for a fact that OTP Auth doesn't have the "forgets everything" problem that SWTOR's app has.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately restarting the app doesn't fix it on my end. :(

I keep reading that people are seemingly easy removing the security key from the account.

How do they do that? Anyone? Desperate for an answer here.

You have to be IN your account already, don't you? Having provided a security key to get in?

Or am I missing something? :confused:

I JUST resubscribed to the game a week ago, and because my manual Security Key let me know it was on low battery, I decided to go to the app instead. As they recommended.

And now this. And EA can't be contacted unless I do a very expensive phone call to a country outside my call-plan.

I keep reading that people are seemingly easy removing the security key from the account.

How do they do that? Anyone? Desperate for an answer here.

You have to be IN your account already, don't you? Having provided a security key to get in?

Or am I missing something? :confused:

You do, indeed, have to be logged in to the account here on the website, but...

You use the same mechanism that you'd use if you lose your phone (and therefore don't have access to the app...):

* You give your account name and password, and leave the app code blank.

* When presented with the request to provide the app code, you press the button that you've lost your app, and you are then prompted for a single-use password (called "One-time") that arrives by email.

* You can then use the "My SWTOR" part of the website to *remove* the existing key. This requires *another* single-use password (by email).

* Then you can add a new app (presumably not the SWTOR one, see the list of a few possibilities that I presented on the first page of this thread).

OMG thank you so much!!!

I'm back in. You made my day dude.

You do, indeed, have to be logged in to the account here on the website, but...

You use the same mechanism that you'd use if you lose your phone (and therefore don't have access to the app...):

* You give your account name and password, and leave the app code blank.

* When presented with the request to provide the app code, you press the button that you've lost your app, and you are then prompted for a single-use password (called "One-time") that arrives by email.

* You can then use the "My SWTOR" part of the website to *remove* the existing key. This requires *another* single-use password (by email).

* Then you can add a new app (presumably not the SWTOR one, see the list of a few possibilities that I presented on the first page of this thread).