[Bug] Temprary Residence (Ziost) still get no credit for rescuing civillians

Stoofa

Still awfully bugged. The only two groups gave me a credit for this: one is on the left before the staircase to the tower (and it does work not every time) and another one is on the top area where a Sith chokes a civilian. So, my gunslinger had to patiently wait for the respawn of these groups of enemies and suffering civilians. It looks like other civilians don't suffer at all. Two years since and not fixed :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
I'm just doing Ziost again for the first time in a long time (with a scoundrel), and the bug is still there. And whether it works or not with any given group of mobs appears to be totally random. I happened to get attacked by the group near the speeder before I'd deliberately started the mission, and when I defeated them I got credit for the civilian. But after that I took out every single group and only got credit for one more civilian (the one on the left at the top of the steps to the People's Tower). After that I had to wait for them to respawn. In the case of the first group, the one that had worked for me before, it didn't work the second time around. However, when they respawned yet again, it did work. Another one didn't work the first time but did work after the first respawn. How many years is it since Ziost came out? Two? Three? Surely it's not that difficult to fix.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Did everything there was to do achievement wise on Ziost last month and got everything. Idk what you folks complaining about.

All enemies with civilians around them dont count- I found the ones being choked did. There is one right infront of the People's tower on the left for example.

Did everything there was to do achievement wise on Ziost last month and got everything. Idk what you folks complaining about.

All enemies with civilians around them dont count- I found the ones being choked did. There is one right infront of the People's tower on the left for example.

The problem is that it is in no way clear *which* civilians count for being rescued. You see an NPC labelled "civilian" and you kill the enemy NPCs around it, and you don't credit for doing so (er, because it's not the right *kind* of civilian), and what exactly are people supposed to think?

The problem is that it is in no way clear *which* civilians count for being rescued. You see an NPC labelled "civilian" and you kill the enemy NPCs around it, and you don't credit for doing so (er, because it's not the right *kind* of civilian), and what exactly are people supposed to think?

So you are saying it is an issue of clarity instead of a bug. So not a bug.

Currently achievable achievement.

So you are saying it is an issue of clarity instead of a bug. So not a bug.

Currently achievable achievement.

In this context, a lack of clarity is a bug.(1) If they were labelled "Rescuable Civilian" and "Non-rescuable Civilian", we wouldn't be having this discussion.

(1) "It's a bug" doesn't automatically mean that things crash, or that stuff looks weird, or that the game deletes your character or something. Something like this, where there's a lack of clarity that makes people think there's *really* a bug (e.g. none of the civilians would advance the mission), well, that's just as much a bug as a client or server crash is a bug.

In this context, a lack of clarity is a bug.(1) If they were labelled "Rescuable Civilian" and "Non-rescuable Civilian", we wouldn't be having this discussion.

(1) "It's a bug" doesn't automatically mean that things crash, or that stuff looks weird, or that the game deletes your character or something. Something like this, where there's a lack of clarity that makes people think there's *really* a bug (e.g. none of the civilians would advance the mission), well, that's just as much a bug as a client or server crash is a bug.

Theres bunch of quests where "killing imperial droids" is the objective yet only half of the droids in the area count towards quest completion. Nobody is complaining those are bugged, because you can still do them no problem.

Can you do this achievement in the same manner? Yes. Cool, its not broken.

Can you want to include ALL civs in the area to this? Sure. Still doesn't make it bugged nor unachievable.

HEY GUYS, rescue the civilians being CHOKED to get this achievement! You're welcome.

• 4 months later...
I can confirm that the bug is still happening. To help anyone else experiencing this bug, I can share that the 2 standard enemies that spawn near -2065, -69 usually gives credit.. The one time it didn't give credit, I killed them the instant they spawned. To be safe, wait a little while after they spawn before killing them, and just kill them 5 times.