Welcome to the 6.3 PTS!

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hello everyone,

PTS is now live! Players can experience Galactic Seasons and the Secrets of the Enclave Flashpoint.

Steam players

You will have to go to the game page here and install the PTS download.

Galactic Seasons

This is a new system we are introducing that allows players to actively earn rewards by completing Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. While the Login Rewards are an easy method for collecting rewards by simply logging into the game, Galactic Seasons feature new high-value rewards based on playing the game.

How to Get Started

• Log into your account with your username and password at http://www.swtor.com.
  • Click on your account name in the top right-hand corner of the site.
  • Click “My Account.”
  • In the left column, scroll down and click the link entitled “PTS Character Copy.”
  • Select the server and then the character that you wish to copy from.
  • Click the “Copy Character” button.
  • The site will display the current status of your character copy at the top of the page. Additionally, you can click the “View your character transfer history” link to see if the copy has completed.
  • Please note that if PTS is offline, you won’t see the PTS Character Copy link.

Galactic Seasons Feedback Thread

Update post from first week of feedback

Secrets of the Enclave Flashpoint

In this new Flashpoint, players will visit the ruins of the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine in pursuit of Darth Malgus. Experience a unique story and fight different enemies based on your alliance to the Empire or the Republic. The Flashpoint’s Story-Solo Mode will not be available on PTS to avoid story spoilers. Only the Veteran Mode can be tested straight away, and Solo and Master mode will be available at a later date.

To try out the Flashpoint:

• You’ll need a level 75 character
  • Form a party and queue up in Group Finder
  • Once you’re fully logged into the PTS, head on over to Odessen to pick up the Secrets of the Enclave Flashpoint Mission! On Odessen, use the elevator in the West hallway to the “Alliance Operations” room. Upstairs, you will see a marker on the Map to pick up this Flashpoint’s Mission.

Secrets of the Enclave Flashpoint feedback

Update post from first week of feedback

Let us know your thoughts!

EDIT: Included links to update posts.

Edited by JackieKo

Hello everyone,

PTS is now live!

Galactic Seasons

Galactic Seasons feature new high-value rewards based on playing the game.

Let us know your thoughts!

hey there, i haven't been able to get into PTS yet but i never saw any response yet (at least, not on the forums) about this issue/question, so i just wanted to put this here so it wouldn't get lost amidst the other thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9928899#post9928899

(re: Query about increasing both our personal strongholds cap limit, as well as allowing us GM's to assign more than one stronghold per guild-to-travel list )

:ph_thank_you:

---

Whoops , bad post-order timing on my part....

Hi all,

Update on PTS above.

Sorry!

Edited by Nee-Elder
lol sorry about posting seconds before your most important post, Jackie

• Dev Post

EDIT: We are experiencing issues with PTS and will be bringing it down momentarily. I will update the PTS threads once it is back up. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Jackie

Edited by JackieKo

When this gets back online, any day now, i just can't wait for the flood of ppl to complain about how hard the tank and spank bosses are .....

I wish Bioware devs would make bosses hard, like Lost Island, but that is not happening .....

Reach a certain broad level of difficulty and the largess of casuals will quit out of frustration, leaving behind a few die-hard PvP types to fight over the dwindling queues. There's a reason why the game is relatively easy.

Back on topic: Forgot how long a full download is. Hopefully I'll be on the PTS in a couple of hours.

Edited by xordevoreaux

• Dev Post
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience. PTS is now back up and running. Please also note that the prices you will see during PTS are for testing purposes only and not real. I will be updating the original post with this information.

Jackie

Hi all,

I got my communication wires crossed. Please disregard my note above and include the pricing of items in your feedback if would like to offer any. Apologies for the confusion!

Jackie

I think it'd be nice practice to start handing out some cute but pointless vanity-tier trinkets for people testing. Legacy titles and such. There isn't that much feedback or testers around by the looks of it. Would be nice to lure some more crowds in. Edited by Stradlin

I think it'd be nice practice to start handing out some cute but pointless vanity-tier trinkets for people testing. Legacy titles and such. There isn't that much feedback or testers around by the looks of it. Would be nice to lure some more crowds in.

I vaguely remember them doing that with a previous patch. Can't remember which one. Probably was the whole Onslaught thing.

I vaguely remember them doing that with a previous patch. Can't remember which one. Probably was the whole Onslaught thing.

There has been a number of those actually. They've handed out stuff like log mounts and legacy titles like 3-4 times at least.

So, the PTS has been down since yesterday, without any notice. Is something going on in the background or is further testing just postponed? Was in the middle of doing stuff on PTS when it disconnected me. Server has been shown as offline since. I was hoping / expecting that it would be back after today's backend maintenance, but no luck so far. There was a new version to download yesterday, but even with that, PTS is still down.

So, the PTS has been down since yesterday, without any notice. Is something going on in the background or is further testing just postponed? Was in the middle of doing stuff on PTS when it disconnected me. Server has been shown as offline since. I was hoping / expecting that it would be back after today's backend maintenance, but no luck so far. There was a new version to download yesterday, but even with that, PTS is still down.

I tried earlier after maintenance and it downloaded a patch. Still not up yet though.

• Dev Post
JackieKo,

Can you confirm that you are reading the "Fleet Penthouse Stronghold Feedback" thread created by Screaming_Ziva?

It's not stickied like the other threads so hopefully everyone who is posting feedback there isn't doing it for nothing.

Thanks

Hi Banthabreeder,

I can confirm that. The feedback has already been passed along to the team. I am keeping a close eye on the feedback and the threads being created here and relaying them. Everyone's feedback regarding the Strongholds are much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Banthabreeder,

I can confirm that. The feedback has already been passed along to the team. I am keeping a close eye on the feedback and the threads being created here and relaying them. Everyone's feedback regarding the Strongholds are much appreciated. Thanks!

Wow, I don't know what to say other than THANK YOU. You are the first Moderator that really seems to interact and care what we, the players, are saying and doing. Thank you again.

I think it'd be nice practice to start handing out some cute but pointless vanity-tier trinkets for people testing. Legacy titles and such. There isn't that much feedback or testers around by the looks of it. Would be nice to lure some more crowds in.

People get tired of testing half-finished bad ideas, providing feedback, and having none of it taken into account.

I pretty much log on to PTS just to see what is coming and rarely bother with feedback anymore unless I find some major game-stopping or client crashing bug.

And absent coordinating a group effort (like a guild testing an Op), it has always been difficult to test group content on the PTS - so maybe offering some trinkets and setting a few specific dates and times to log on to get them and play with / against the devs in specific group content might help.

Edited by DawnAskham

People get tired of testing half-finished bad ideas, providing feedback, and having none of it taken into account.

I pretty much log on to PTS just to see what is coming and rarely bother with feedback anymore unless I find some major game-stopping or client crashing bug.

And absent coordinating a group effort (like a guild testing an Op), it has always been difficult to test group content on the PTS - so maybe offering some trinkets and setting a few specific dates and times to log on to get them and play with / against the devs in specific group content might help.

That would be me. I gave up on the idea that testing and reporting anything on the PTS does any good, but I'm easily bribed. (Not that I've figured out how to get the PTS download on Steam...)

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

We will be bringing down PTS shortly and you will no longer be able to access it.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the Secrets of the Enclave Flashpoint and Galactic Seasons. You will be able to experience both of these when 6.3 launches at a later date.