Now That Augments Work Again- How Much Crit?

Twighead

What is the Crit rating target for 7.1 PvP, and at what point is it better to switch to Mastery Augs? I can’t find this information anywhere. Just a bunch of PvE guides that say acc, alacrity, “dump the rest into Crit”. Not very helpful. Edited by Twighead

What is the Crit rating target for 7.1 PvP, and at what point is it better to switch to Mastery Augs? I can’t find this information anywhere. Just a bunch of PvE guides that say acc, alacrity, “dump the rest into Crit”. Not very helpful.

My Defense Guardian use 4 pieces of Alacrity armor to hit the necessary 2,054 breakpoint (with 4 pieces of i328 PvP purples my Alacrity is actually 2,172), then all the rest are Crit (none are Accuracy, had to mix and match a bit to get this right). With all i286 purple Crit augs I'm hitting 4.227 Crit, which gets me 15.73% to crit chance and damage. Then I'm also using Champion's Precision Implant and Devastating Vengeance relics to boost it further.

Personally I say put ALL your augments to Crit, as there's no hard cap on the stat and tertiary stats on armor are rather weak. You get plenty of Mastery from your armor and a little more from stims, that should be sufficient.

You're looking for 70% crit multiplier. Most classes don't reach that in 7.1, especially classes that require accuracy. Highly recommend buying all crit augs, gold 300s if you can afford them.

What is 70%? Does that mean 20% Crit Chance and Crit Damage? How much Crit is required to hit that breakpoint?

I'd assume it's reachable with Devastating Vengeance procs?

Edited by Loadsamonie

Personally I say put ALL your augments to Crit, as there's no hard cap on the stat

This is not completely true. There is no hard cap, but there are diminishing returns on crit. However, with the current stat pool in i328 gear, it is very difficult to reach the diminishing returns.

So yes, you can put all your augments into crit, but not always.

What is 70%? Does that mean 20% Crit Chance and Crit Damage? How much Crit is required to hit that breakpoint?

There are two crit stats. Crit chance and crit multiplier. Crit chance is the chance to get a critical hit. Crit multiplier increased how hard you crit. Crit multiplier used to be called surge before 4.0.

I'm talking about crit multiplier, which you can find in your stat details if you scroll a little down. Crit multiplier is a very important stat for many burst classes that have autocrits. Many of these classes like conc op, ling sorc, arsenal merc, mm and engi sniper, rely on crit multiplier to increase the criticality of their autocrit abilities. Getting to a 70% crit multiplier is really important for these burst classes, otherwise their burst won't actually be that bursty.

For anyone that wants more information: https://www.rambol.net/home/2018/3/13/stats-and-damage-calculation-in-swtor#critical_rating

This is not completely true. There is no hard cap, but there are diminishing returns on crit. However, with the current stat pool in i328 gear, it is very difficult to reach the diminishing returns.

So yes, you can put all your augments into crit, but not always.

There are two crit stats. Crit chance and crit multiplier. Crit chance is the chance to get a critical hit. Crit multiplier increased how hard you crit. Crit multiplier used to be called surge before 4.0.

I'm talking about crit multiplier, which you can find in your stat details if you scroll a little down. Crit multiplier is a very important stat for many burst classes that have autocrits. Many of these classes like conc op, ling sorc, arsenal merc, mm and engi sniper, rely on crit multiplier to increase the criticality of their autocrit abilities. Getting to a 70% crit multiplier is really important for these burst classes, otherwise their burst won't actually be that bursty.

For anyone that wants more information: https://www.rambol.net/home/2018/3/13/stats-and-damage-calculation-in-swtor#critical_rating

Okay, so Crit multiplier by default is 50%, right? So getting 20% Crit Multiplier from your Crit Rating will add it to the base 50% and put it at the 70% target?

If that's the case, then I'm at 65.73% Crit Multipler, I think. Not counting whenever Devastating Vengeance procs.

Edited by Loadsamonie

Okay, so Crit multiplier by default is 50%, right? So getting 20% Crit Multiplier from your Crit Rating will add it to the base 50% and put it at the 70% target?

If that's the case, then I'm at 65.73% Crit Multipler, I think. Not counting whenever Devastating Vengeance procs.

I just checked, it says I currently have a Crit Chance of 37.33%, with a Crit Multiplier of 66.73%. This is on a Defense Guardian running an i328 Purple PvP Skank Tank setup, with 4 pieces of Alacrity armor, rest Crit, and all i286 purple Crit augs. My only Tank piece is a Shield, everything else is DPS with Crit or Alacrity.

Edited by Loadsamonie

I just checked, it says I currently have a Crit Chance of 37.33%, with a Crit Multiplier of 66.73%. This is on a Defense Guardian running an i328 Purple PvP Skank Tank setup, with 4 pieces of Alacrity armor, rest Crit, and all i286 purple Crit augs. My only Tank piece is a Shield, everything else is DPS with Crit or Alacrity.

Get a shield offhand shell and stick dps mods into it. You dont need the actual tank stats, you just need to have a shield shell to shield against attacks. This will get you another 500 points of crit and maybe get you to ~68%.

But iirc jugg tank relies on dps increases to crushing blow not autocrits. In which case the difference between 67% and 68% crit multi is not that important.

Achieving 70% crit multiplier is only important for autocrit reliant classes. If you don't play a class that has autocrits, then you dont HAVE to reach 70% crit multiplier.

Edited by septru

Get a shield offhand shell and stick dps mods into it. You dont need the actual tank stats, you just need to have a shield shell to shield against attacks. This will get you another 500 points of crit and maybe get you to ~68%.

But iirc jugg tank relies on dps increases to crushing blow not autocrits. In which case the difference between 67% and 68% crit multi is not that important.

Achieving 70% crit multiplier is only important for autocrit reliant classes. If you don't play a class that has autocrits, then you dont HAVE to reach 70% crit multiplier.

I WANTED to go Mastery augs and the Power relic originally, instead of Crit, but everyone kept telling me "No, you need Crit Crit CRIT, because gear already has plenty of Mastery but weak tertiary stats, and Defense Guardian has Crit disciplines for Crushing Blow and Threatening Focus."

I definitely see some good spike damage in PvP, I've scored as high as 50k on my Crushing Blows, but did I make a huge mistake augmenting for Crit instead of Mastery? At least six people told me going for Crit was the better choice since there's not much of it on armor.

Edited by Loadsamonie

I WANTED to go Mastery augs and the Power relic originally, instead of Crit, but everyone kept telling me "No, you need Crit Crit CRIT, because gear already has plenty of Mastery but weak tertiary stats, and Defense Guardian has Crit disciplines for Crushing Blow and Threatening Focus."

I definitely see some good spike damage in PvP, I've scored as high as 50k on my Crushing Blows, but did I make a huge mistake augmenting for Crit instead of Mastery? At least six people told me going for Crit was the better choice since there's not much of it on armor.

Cant rlly tell if this if this is rhetorical. But in case its not....

Crit will always be more useful than mastery as long as you are under 70% crit multiplier. HOWEVER, as I said before, players that play classes with autocrits will see more more of a difference with that crit than classes that dont have autocrits.

Cant rlly tell if this if this is rhetorical. But in case its not....

Crit will always be more useful than mastery as long as you are under 70% crit multiplier. HOWEVER, as I said before, players that play classes with autocrits will see more more of a difference with that crit than classes that dont have autocrits.

Not rhetorical, I'm dead serious, because I don't know which classes benefit more from Mastery and Power than Crit. Immortal Jugg could very well be one such class since it doesn't rely on autocrits.