Blog: This Week in Aurebesh

Galandro

This Week in Aurebesh has just celebrated it's 4th Anniversary with my overview of the Swoop Rally event and a translation of billboard that was first seen on Corellia but is also featured prominently around the event's Rally Courses:

Swoop-de-Whoop

I have not been diligent in bumping this thread. It's been a odd year to be sure, but since I last posted here I have been invited to join SWTOR's Content Creator program, and it's been a pleasure to be in the company of so many creators and fans, and my mission of exploring some of corners of SWTOR continues as always.

If you have a moment, I hope you'll stop on by.

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to take a moment and share the short Q&A I conducted with Charles Boyd about how SWTOR uses Aurebesh and other alien languages in the game. It was pretty cool to get answers from SWTOR's very own Creative Director! Given the focus of my blog, if you're looking for info about the next operation, PVP balance or next year's 10th anniversary, you'll be disappointed, but I hope you'll check it out:

Charles Boyd Q&A

• 7 months later...

Hello there!

As another summer of SWTOR gets started, This Week in Aurebesh remains committed to providing you, gentle reader, the finest fake space language commentary in the Old Republic. My latest post come from a request to translate some Justicar propaganda found on Coruscant, and it is one several of their posters I've recreated in English. You can check it, and many more, out at here:

This Week in Aurebesh

This summer, my goal is clear out my backlog of signs and posters I've been meaning to but not quite been able to get around to covering. If there are any alien language signs in the game, you'd like me to translate, please let me know. I love taking requests! Feel free to add you suggestions here, in the comments of my blog or on Twitter.

• 4 months later...

Hello!

This Week in Aurebesh celebrated its 5th birthday the other day and to celebrate I've translated the runes that light up around the pedestal of the Outdoor Jedi Temple decoration that was recently added to the game. The latest entry also contains some context about the version of the Jedi code used in the decoration, and I also remark on the "Best View in SWTOR" contest that is finishing up this week.

Does This Look Jedi to You?

And if you've a little time to spend, I hope you'll check out the other translations and SWTOR commentary I've created over the last half decade!

• 1 month later...

As part of the building excitement for the release of "Legacy of the Sith" This Week in Aurebesh asks "Who's that Twi'lek?" I speculate about SWTOR's mysterious new character. Everyone who comments on the blog post will be entered in a raffle to win an Opal Vulptilla mount, courtesy the good folks at Bioware! For details on how to enter please take a moment to check out the post linked below:

Who's That Twilik?

This raffle is open to entries until December 4, 2021 at 12 PM ET.

As always if you've a little time to spend, I hope you'll check out the other translations and SWTOR commentary I've created over the last half decade!

Edited by Galandro

• 2 months later...

Happy (belated) New Year from This Week in Aurebesh!

I want draw your attention to two recent posts. First and foremost is my interview with SWTOR System Designer David Staats. David gives us a deep dive into Galactic Seasons and what sort of changes we can expect to see in the upcoming Season 2. Definitely check this out!

Galactic Seasons Interview with David Staats

My latest post is rather more silly, but I want to re-iterate that my Adopt-a-Grophet program is still going strong! I still have countless Fiery Grophets and Venomous Ginxes in search of new family! For details about how to get a FREE pair of companion pets from me, check the post below!

Adopt-a-Grophet

I'll see you soon in Legacy of the Sith.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update concerning my latest update in which I share some final thoughts about Onslaught before this week's debut of Legacy of the Sith. Be sure to read to the end of the post to learn how to enter a raffle for an rare Opal Vulptilla mount. The deadline to enter is Thursday, February 17 at 11 PM ET. The more entries I get, the more winners I will draw!

Onslaught Review and Opal Vulptilla Giveaway

Edited by Galandro

• 8 months later...

Hello, SWTOR's new forums!

I've finally found a moment in this chaotic year to hop in and check things out. I thought I'd start with a post of what's been going on at my blog "This Week in Aurebesh" lately which just last month celebrated it's 6th birthday on the world wild web!

First Impressions: Legacy of the Sith, part two - This post focuses on my reactions to the story that the new expansion has started us on.

Fade and Glow - Top Five Non-Cartel Market Color Crystals - This is quite possibly my favorite "Dumb Top Five List" in the history of the blog.

Viva Nar Shaddaa - I did have time for some Aurebesh recreations this year, and this post explores the history, design and translation of the "Welcome to Nar Shadda" sign that greets visitors to the Smuggler's Moon.

Tricks and Treats - In addition to discussing the new Galactic Season, this post also serves as a raffle I'm hosting for THREE OPAL VULPTILLA MOUNTS. The raffle ends Tuesday, Novemeber 15, so there may still be time to enter as you read this!

If you’ve never visited my site before, I hope you’ll take a look around. I’ve been translating SWTOR’s alien languages for six years now and sharing commentary about the state of the game as I see it.

• Like 1