new decoration missing in action

LeeLoou

I just bought a contraband slot machine yesterday from the cartel market when it was 50% off. I claimed it today and then when I tried to place it in my stronghold, its nowhere to be found. The cartel market says its under decorations, utility, tools but its not. I have checked every category and cant find it anywhere. I have several strongholds and they are all empty because when I get decorations and I go to place them I can never find anything in my inventory. I buy a bunch of simple stuff like tables and chairs and then go to my stronghold and try to drop some but they are never in the decoration inventory even though I just bought them. Can anyone explain to me how this works or point me to a good article that explains all this? 10 years in this game and the 1 thing that I cant beat is this stupid decorations thing, was so much easier in Star Wars Galaxies!

To start with the basics - when you say you 'claimed' the decoration, do you mean you claimed it from the CM? There are no 'unclaimed' items in you CM window?

When you 'claimed' it, did it go into your inventory as a token?

Did you right-click the token in your inventory to add the deco to your list?

Make sure the 'search' box in your deco display is empty. Clear the search box and/or type a single space.

I claimed it from the CM and the token was in my inventory. I right clicked on it and it said I got 100 prestige points and it was now +1 available to any of my characters. I have had this problem before, just like all the items you can get from the vendor on the fleet with all the free deco like anniversary paintings and such. I get them, open them, they say they are +1 to all my characters but I can never find them to put them in my strongholds. Its probably me, but it just seems it should be a whole lot easier to find this crap once I add it to my deco inventory.

When you try to 'place' a deco in your SH, make sure the deco can fit on the hook you're trying to use. If, for example, you are trying to use a 'small' hook, but the deco requires a 'medium', the deco won't show up. Check your deco list before going into 'edit' mode, to see what size hook(s) the deco can use.

You can also use the search box to find decos.

Thank you for the assistance. I had no idea that you would need such a big hook for a small machine and had to change the floor plan. The fact that it wont even show you the item until you have the proper hook highlighted blows me away. As I said, probably my fault, but it seems I have always had such a problem with decorating so in all these years I havent done much and never bothered with it, now that I have money I want my strongholds looking nice. Thanks again

In the little window that says "Edit Mode" or whatever, there is an icon that you can click on that brings up the list of decos without being in 'edit mode'. Then you can find the deco and check it's hook size, before trying to place it.