Deco stuck; Customer Service told me I'm on my own, maybe y'all can help?

SandSpidar

SWTORGood-Job.jpg

SWTORGreat-Job.jpg

SWTORStaggering2.jpg

Above are the screens of the issue and the two responses to my tickets.

I placed a Floor Trap - Fire decoration on a medium narrow hook, and now there appears to be no way to interact with it. I tried to work it out with customer service, and... I don't even know what to say. Everyone's had some bad experiences, but that is a special level of "we're not even pretending this will ever get fixed, you're on your own." I tested the reset room feature that they couldn't be bothered to on a defunct guild stronghold, and it picked up the entire lower level exterior along with that tunnel.

This is one of the last areas I'm decorating and I've put countless hours into the rest, so that's not an option for me. I've now spent a good few hours trying to click at different angles and clip myself into the grate to no avail. As you can see from the screen where it clips into the large hook, the piece is slightly taller than the hook dimensions and a good bit wider. But because it's so low to the ground, clipping into it doesn't accomplish anything or give me the camera angle I need. The only thing I could think of is clicking from under the floor, which would involve some clipping beyond my expertise.

Anyone got any ideas, or is that that?

If you can interact with another hook it can go on and find the deco in your list, you might be able to change the spot it's at

Can you elaborate on this or link to any screens or videos of how it works? I've seen this talked about before but never been able to replicate it, I've tried every type of hook the deco could go on with it visible on screen. It always just says "0/1" with the "PLACE" option greyed out. Do I need to own more than one of the deco for it to work?

Appreciate the help, I'll try whatever at this point.

Can you access the hook that it is on?

If so, try changing the hook type to a smaller size, which should pick up the decoration. It is part of the commands when you are placing the item. There are two tabs when decorating things and changing the hook size.

Unfortunately not, the entire hook being blocked is the problem. It's easy to replicate if you have an empty stronghold or room that you know the reset decorations function will only effect, but you'll wanna be damn sure. Just place a Floor Trap - Fire on a medium narrow hook and turn it so that it covers the whole thing. It'll appear like the hook juts above the grate, but the collision extends to the taller edges that are above it.

I've tried clicking at every angle and corner for a long, long time. Nothing seems to work.

Unfortunately not, the entire hook being blocked is the problem. It's easy to replicate if you have an empty stronghold or room that you know the reset decorations function will only effect, but you'll wanna be damn sure. Just place a Floor Trap - Fire on a medium narrow hook and turn it so that it covers the whole thing. It'll appear like the hook juts above the grate, but the collision extends to the taller edges that are above it.

I've tried clicking at every angle and corner for a long, long time. Nothing seems to work.

Which stronghold is that? The reason I asked is I want to check something to see if it will work first.

Which stronghold is that? The reason I asked is I want to check something to see if it will work first.

That is Tatooine, in the tunnel on the ground level that leads to the homesteads. The fire trap is stuck on the medium narrow hook at the very end of the tunnel, which has the added bonus of being in a cramped space that makes it easy to click on a nearby hook while trying to find a corner you can click.

Ah, yes, I had a problem once with that area. I had to pick it up but was not thrilled when it picked up more than just the tunnel. I wish they would stop that. And yes, my idea wouldn't work as most hooks are individually and not connected.

Yeah, I was pretty miffed when it picked up the entire ground exterior on the guild SH I tested it on... and then discovered yesterday it picked up the entire upper level too, save for the two little rooms. Apparently the feature works based on expansion unlocks, which I'm still amazed the customer service rep didn't seem to know.

I've put an embarrassing amount of time, effort, and money into filling out those areas, so there's no way I'm starting from scratch. Still, I appreciate you taking the time to try and help out with this.

Yeah, I was pretty miffed when it picked up the entire ground exterior on the guild SH I tested it on... and then discovered yesterday it picked up the entire upper level too, save for the two little rooms. Apparently the feature works based on expansion unlocks, which I'm still amazed the customer service rep didn't seem to know.

I've put an embarrassing amount of time, effort, and money into filling out those areas, so there's no way I'm starting from scratch. Still, I appreciate you taking the time to try and help out with this.

That command should be called pick up all. I made that mistake once with Tattooine. I did redo it, tbh, I liked the do over better.

You are welcome. I know how much time a person can put into decorating so I understand not wanting to redo especially since it must pick up so much and not just one area.

I apologize if this was already covered, since I can't access the screenshots from work. Are you saying that the decoration covers all of the hooks in that layout group? You know, when you have two medium narrows together, and can adjust them in the Layout menu? If any of the other hooks in the group are visible/interactive, you could select one of those, change the layout to Smalls, Cross, Large, or whatever, and when you accept the change, it should lift any decos on any of those hooks. If it is covering the entire group of hooks, well, I'm at a loss.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get your deco situation fixed?

If not, I may think I know part of the problem. When there is a floor covering or another deco that acts like a "floor" covering on the ground and it's either partially in the hook or overlapping with another deco, especially a 'floor covering' it becomes unclickable. It's like the hook itself ceases to register it can be clicked on. 

I can see that the base of the Forge is clipping with the other deco. This may render you unable to pick up the original deco since you can't adequately register that there is a hook to grab. Try moving the forge deco away from the other deco first or removing the forge altogether to pick up the other deco. My apologies if you've already tried this, I wasn't entirely certain.

If that didn't work, test to see if the cursor transforms into the hand to pick up a deco if you hover over the deco. If it does, you may be in luck. The other thing to do rather than to 'pick it up' is to try and swap it out with another deco you CAN pick up in one go. It's sometimes tricky and takes forcing the system to let you select the hook just briefly enough you can click "place" on a Medium Narrow Deco to do the swap out. 

Sometimes you can trick the system if you pretend to place the very same deco you already have on the ground onto the spot. It involves typing the name to bring up that specific deco, clicking on the deco to make sure it's selected, then trying to place it into the hook. 

The one click swaps don't always work but it sometimes can get a stuck deco unstuck. 

There's always a glitchy delay where you sometimes pull up the last category/deco type you were playing with on the Medium Narrow instead of what you immediately selected and it refuses to acknowledge the existing deco if there was anything in the search field you cleared out just prior... it's like a ghost that tries to grab the previously selected / last searched deco insetad. I just try to use that glitch to force it to grab the stuck deco in question by typing its name in.

Can't guarantee it works as it's kind of exploiting a problem to fix a problem.

=====================================

I also NEVER RECOMMEND CLEAR ROOM .... if a single door way is unlocked / open it will perceive all adjacent spaces in the entire SH as "same room". 

The command only works in very specific, all doors closed between room scenarios, when you haven't been interacting with hooks in other rooms. Otherwise you risk picking up your whole SH's worth of decos even if you just spawned in and haven't touched anything. Trust me. I've spawned in, clicked a hook in the Umbaran Train, not moving anywhere, hit clear room, and the whole SH was wiped of decos. 

Edited by cacophonycat