I don't mind the Ewok, except..

DregorThule

Look. The Ewok in my opinion is ok. Not awesome, but certainly not the terrible thing some people are making it out to be. Except for one thing. The damned heart animation when changing stance. That's just too far. :(

Don't change its stance then.

The second thing is it's face being a little bit creepy. But maybe that's problem of all Ewoks.

To sum it up, I understand why some people don't like this choice. But I'm excited about it. The main reason might be a surprise. I didn't expect this and certainly didn't expect it would be Ewok. I guess I like being surprised.

Look. The Ewok in my opinion is ok. Not awesome, but certainly not the terrible thing some people are making it out to be. Except for one thing. The damned heart animation when changing stance. That's just too far. :(

The terrible thing I think they are against is they picture the Ewoks being annoying like Jar Jar Binks. lol

I actually really like that animation! :)

I love the fact they are adding an Ewok, partly because I think they are great, and partly because this is a sign that will continue to add new companions in the future! (I'm hoping for a Ithorian next)

Little annoyed that our first dual-role companion is an Ewok, with an irritating voice.

Though, this companion was completely unexpected, so I hope that is a sign that more will be coming in the future.

I have no problem with Ewoks.

I have friends who like Ewoks.

I just don't want Bioware forcing the Ewok agenda on my children.

They can do whatever they want on Endor, that's their life, but I just don't want to see them.

I don't want to have to talk to my children about Ewoks, because I don't think it's OK to be an Ewok. I also didn't like them when they were introduced on RotJ therefore I don't think I should be forced to see them ever again because they are destroying my childhood memories.

/sarcasm

tl;dr:

a. After further testing, it appears that ridiculous reasoning to oppose something that's completely optional, has the magic ability to retain its absurdity across many different topics. Who knew? :eek:

b.As always, Star Wars fans do what Star Wars fans are expected to do: bash anything that changes the story they knew, completely oblivious to the fact that there is only so much Remastering and Re-releasing you can do to the same (very old) story before it dies a horrible, slow death.

Edited by TheNahash

If I get to have a healing Ewok can I please kill Quinn? Please....?

I'm kinda with you. Give me an Ewok any day over him! Killing is a bit extreme, but I probably think of Quinn with the same repulsion that some people get with Ewoks . . .

Edited by Cyberwoman

If I get to have a healing Ewok can I please kill Quinn? Please....?

Oh Jeebus yes please! I want to tie him to my ship and drag him from planet to planet, bouncing his corpse off of every asteroid along the way.

Little annoyed that our first dual-role companion is an Ewok, with an irritating voice.

all companions are dual-role.

if you mean first heal/tank companion or 'first companion who can actually competently perform both roles' then yes, i can see your point.

all companions are dual-role.

if you mean first heal/tank companion or 'first companion who can actually competently perform both roles' then yes, i can see your point.

That remains to be seen I think.

I actually doubt that having Treek using mods with defense, absorb, shield and so forth actually benefit her healing. I assume that people will either need to have two sets for her, depending on the role they want her to have or have her sticking to one single role, which is what most people do I assume.

I do like that they adding some new companions, no problem being a Ewok, but the Carebear stare is f'n stupid, hopefully its just a PTS/Beta joke.

I'm permanently traumatized after seeing Ewok adventures, or however it's called, on the Internet. I'm probably going to shower this thing with presents (for 5% crit affection modifier), then slave-drive it on crew skill missions so that I never see it again. I'd rather have Quinn watching my arse. And that says volumes.

Edited by Helig

I'm permanently traumatized after seeing Ewok adventures, or however it's called, on the Internet. I'm probably going to shower this thing with presents (for 5% crit affection modifier), then slave-drive it on crew skill missions so that I never see it again. I'd rather have Quinn watching my arse. And that says volumes.

Quinn will do more than watch your arse, he'll plan on how to stick a knife in it.

I'm actually getting a bit tired of companions. I have so many already. Unless they allow me to use more companions to send out on missions. They just sit there and do nothing. Allow me to kill off companions again please :(

Agree. BW said that they disabled companion killing because they were afraid that role-specific companions can get killed off and the player is left high and dry. However, new companions cover more and more roles - HK is superb single target DPS, Treek is healer and tank.