Can we expect a replacement to Renown in 7.0?

Draksen

Hey there

Well, I like the Renown system. I know some of you dont.

Renown is removed in 7.0, fine. But will it be replaced by a new system? A kind of "progression" with levels,with or sithout specific rewards (crates), which for some us gives a feeling of progression, making end game as a casual player more fun than many other mmo of the market.

Thanks for your comments :rolleyes:

Not being replaced.

My main issue with this is that going back to old content (like bonus series etc) will give pretty much no reward except credits, and tech fragments are going to get much harder to get.

IMO we should still have renown, with 100 fragments when gaining a level, and a random gear currency.

I'd like to see them do something like Steam levels. The little icon thing changes but the level doesn't give any reward. Maybe they could add a flair for certain levels, just static images no animations needed. It would just be a cosmetic thing for bragging rights. New flairs would become available each expansion and become unavailable once the next expansion launched. Here's an example for Steam: https://i.imgur.com/IWjHHRY.png (the level is displayed in the center of the icon; every 100 levels, the icon changes.)

I just want them to have something simple and sustainable, instead of progression grinds with titles that go extinct because you weren't there at the right time: one of those things where you can continue to "level up" past max level, but it's not tracked as 1-100 or whatever, you just fill it up every now and then from playing the game and when you level up, it gives some kind of little reward that is NOT RNG-based. Gives a little incentive to do things that get XP instead of skipping and going for the big rewards only, and it doesn't need to be reworked as another obnoxious treadmill when it "runs out" because people burned themselves out trying to max it for titles and got bored.

That's what I thought it would be like originally when they first announced a system like it. I never anticipated the disaster that was GC and then Renown and now nothing in 7.0.

I'm also very surprised it's not being replaced with somethng else. Apparently nobody told the devs, that people actually like to feel like the're "moving forward", even if's only via something as superficial as a small Renown bar and number changing next to the character's name.

Under normal circumstances I would not even call it a real endgame content. But in SWTOR it was. So a decision to trim sometning that was already not very big is doubly baffling.

I agree that there really *should* be some way to keep advancing after maximum level - whether it is called renown or alternate advancement or something else.

As to suggestions that a little number be shown that goes up but doesn't give you anything my only response is to assume that this is a joke and not a very humorous one.

In the "what are you going to miss the most in 7.0" My answer was literally renown. As far as I care, it does nothing, but it made doing heroics and junk more enjoyable. I know galactic seasons and conquest exist, but both have hard caps per week, renown was progression any time any where, even if it was just to get a few tech frags.

So yeah, keep the system and make it just give tech frags, maybe medals of commendations too, but that might be a bit too far.

In the "what are you going to miss the most in 7.0" My answer was literally renown. As far as I care, it does nothing, but it made doing heroics and junk more enjoyable. I know galactic seasons and conquest exist, but both have hard caps per week, renown was progression any time any where, even if it was just to get a few tech frags.

So yeah, keep the system and make it just give tech frags, maybe medals of commendations too, but that might be a bit too far.

It doesn't give nothing. It gives fragments, scraps, and a chance to get legendary embers.

Heck I don't even know how we're going to get any of those in 7.0. Tech fragments, it looks like a solo player will get 400 a week if they are in a guild that gets a large yield every week. That's it. The others? I don't even know.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, I like the Renown system. I know some of you don't.

Renown is removed in 7.0, fine. But will it be replaced by a new system? A kind of "progression" with levels,with or sithout specific rewards (crates), which for some us gives a feeling of progression, making end game as a casual player more fun than many other mmo of the market.

Thanks for your comments :rolleyes:

Whole heartily agree ! It's why I did KOTEE and KOTFE and the post Odessan quests. The Illusion of Character progression and the Renown crate drops on Level where you got mods or Kit, that could only be better if you crafted or had enough coin to use the Galactic Market place (I don't craft and with 20M in Legacy coin over 2 years of playing) the market place doesn't give me much I can afford.

:mad:

removing it and giving no incentive to play beyond L80 is a dumb move