Multiple Disciplines

DarkLordVorkalth

This is something I've been wanting in SWTOR for a while. It'd be great if we could have more than one spec at a time. I think it could work like this: I'm level 75, and I can put in any amount of levels into however many disciplines I want as long as I don't go over 75. I'd I'm only level 40, I can only put 40 levels into the disciplines, and so on. Say I put 10 levels into Carnage to get Gore, and a few into Annihilation to get bleeds, and the rest into Fury. This would open up a lot more customization for players who want more varied abilities, without making entirely new disciplines. It also allows players to combine aspects of disciplines without making them too overpowered. Edited by DarkLordVorkalth

You mean like when there were skill trees? If so see the discussion here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=784485

I personally prefer disciplines the way they are now. The average player these days would be absolutely lost in the old pre-3.0 system.

To be fair, a lot of players were lost back in those days as well. I think OP's proposition would be less problematic, since it would be (if I read it right) a question of allotting level advancement to the three "tracks" rather than spending points up a branching structure.

Either way, it's not going to happen, because the current structure of the disciplines themselves means that every point you take away from one can mean an ability that you lose, and the "best" abilities are all clustered near the highest-level end of the track.

• 4 weeks later...
I think skill trees were much more enjoyable. There is no variation within disciplines. The game is about getting to max level and getting the best gear.

There wasn't as much variation in the trees as you are suggesting. To perform the best possible, you *had* to pick ===> that combination of things because actual useful abilities were still high up in the trees, but the multitude of hybrids led to lots of people having really useless combinations, with the exception of a few seriously OP combinations that the theorycrafters would re-find on every attempt to rebalance things.

End result? Disciplines.

There wasn't as much variation in the trees as you are suggesting. To perform the best possible, you *had* to pick ===> that combination of things because actual useful abilities were still high up in the trees, but the multitude of hybrids led to lots of people having really useless combinations, with the exception of a few seriously OP combinations that the theorycrafters would re-find on every attempt to rebalance things.

End result? Disciplines.

You make an excellent point. They could change a bunch of the abilities to make it more even, or have abilities interact differently with others you might have. The best way they could implement this would probably be with a total revamp of disciplines, making it so each one was less distinct and making many abilities interchangeable with one-another, although I highly doubt they would do that anytime soon.