Easiest class/rotation for both PvE/PvP (disability)

Ragana

Hey guys,

So I played for the first 6 months after launch and took a long hiatus from the game. I’m getting tired of WoW so I want to jump back into The Old Republic.

I was wondering what’s the current easiest class in the game as far as rotation goes? I’m especially interested in PvP.

I have some nerve damage in my left arm so I can only do 1-6 and shift+1-6 or whatnot. I’m not a big fan of the mice with a ton of buttons so I’m looking to keep it simple.

Thanks!

Forgive me if this isn't useful, but if the mobility issues are in your left arm, have you considered key mapping your action bar to the num keypad (Num 1 to 0, +, ., *, - all in easy reach with minimal hand movement?

I'm assuming here that you use WASD to move; if you use your right hand arrow keys instead, obviously I can see that wouldn't be overly useful, but with the issues you describe I would have thought that four or five keys on the left hand to move about, and then twelve on the right hand for abilities would be more practical?

As for class, both Guardian / Juggernaut and Sage / Sorcerer have fairly nice straightforward rotations. You'll probably want to go with the single target damage specs rather than the area of effect ones, to avoid the added nuisance of moving the AOE target circle to where you want it, which usually requires a third hand. (There may be some keyboard shortcut to auto focus aoe on current target. I don't know. It would be logical to have one, but I've never found it if so).

Double-click the key, just like you can double-click the mouse on the quickbar button to do it.

Well, that's an astonishingly helpful tip- thanks! I'm somewhat surprised I've never come across it before. Given that I tend to downplay if not frequently underuse AOE attacks just on the basis that taking the time to place the effect is irritating and time consuming- that's an extremely useful shortcut!

• 4 weeks later...
Hey guys,

So I played for the first 6 months after launch and took a long hiatus from the game. I’m getting tired of WoW so I want to jump back into The Old Republic.

I was wondering what’s the current easiest class in the game as far as rotation goes? I’m especially interested in PvP.

I have some nerve damage in my left arm so I can only do 1-6 and shift+1-6 or whatnot. I’m not a big fan of the mice with a ton of buttons so I’m looking to keep it simple.

Thanks!

Hey dude,

I'm a long time WOW player as well. SWTOR has more key binds than WOW does currently. I think Aersnal Merc has a pretty easy rotation and not as many keybinds as the other classes that I play.

That said, I would encourage you to look at an MMO mouse. It takes a little time to get used to it, but once you do you will never go back.

Good luck!

Number pad is the best option for you.

I started using it on my laptop and dont even use a mouse anymore except for missions/objectives. You'll do all your targeting with tab, and your right hand will do all your abilities (numpad and number row); your left hand will only be movement and the occasional button press. It doesn't take long to get used to and it really makes combat easier too.

I stack a 3x3 quickbar with another with a row of 2 above it and put them just between my target health and map. It will visually mimic the shape of the numpad and doesnt obstruct your view. Your normal two quickbars will just be for less important things that are easier to press when the time is right. With that being said, any class will be an option for you.

If it helps I can post a screenshot of my hud.

Edited by TitusOfTides

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm about a month late to you asking your question. I'd say the easiest class to play with only needing to actually use a few abilities is.

Rank in terms of optimal:

Arsenal Merc Tracer Missle, prime shot, unload and heatseeker missile can get you through most things.

Marauder force leap, carnage, battering assault, assault, devasating blast, and massacre.

Lightening sorc you can get away with just doing chain lightning and lightning storm.

• 1 month later...
Hey guys,

Thanks!

If you can do WASD Q E Z C easy, then get a 7 button mouse. nothing fancy. My logitech has two button near mouse one which are supposed to be used to increase/decrease DPI, three on the thumb side and the scroll wheel rocks left and right for two more. 7 buttons. so there is 1-7. I also bind Q and E and that's my bar 1

bar 2 is shift+ 1-7.

bard 3 is ctrl+1-7

and bar 4 is alt+1-7

easy 30+ keybinds without having to move my left arm or take fingers off WASD.

I have cerebral palsy on my left side, so I feel your pain..

What I do is use a Logitech 3d extreme pro and xpadder.

I can map 1-8 on POV and surrounding buttons, use trigger as shift to access 2nd bar. Directional is obvious.and misc mapped on the base buttons (I have tab mapped on first button that my left thumb can tap). With this, I can successfully play game with just my right index finger and thumb and left thumb.

• 2 weeks later...
Madness sorc is very easy, it's a set rotation and no need to respond to any procs (like you would with lightning). For a negligible dps loss you can skip using lightning strike all together and just use 3 force lightnings in a row.