7.0 and pvp unranked warzone matches win only count weekly reset

Davook

If this go live it would be almost impossible for many players to ever complete this weekly. Right now unranked warzones are dominated by premade groups and sometimes it takes like

10 matches to complete a daily pvp quest(win 1 match).

If this go live it would be almost impossible for many players to ever complete this weekly. Right now unranked warzones are dominated by premade groups and sometimes it takes like

10 matches to complete a daily pvp quest(win 1 match).

The old system where any match counted as one and wins counted two was so much better. It was still irritating, just not as much under the current system.

The old system where any match counted as one and wins counted two was so much better. It was still irritating, just not as much under the current system.

And if BioWare thought people weren’t trying or going afk too often, they could have just tweaked that points system more. Instead of introducing this harsh win only model.

Ie, require more points to complete the weekly and give even more points for winning. Maybe even give an extra point for “x” amount of medals.

Sure some would still afk, you can’t really stop that even now when you only get points for winning.

But at least if you lose through no fault of your own, ie, premades or bad teams, your time isn’t penalised because you would have got a token reward and progressed your weekly a little.

With this new weekly reset tied directly to gearing up, this is going to be a nightmare for many players which will make them stop pvping and maybe even quit the game. Neither of which is healthy for the queues or pvp in general.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Why is the win requirement there anymore, since they created a deserter penalty the win requirement should have been removed since you are pushed to stay in a losing match due to the deserter or take a long break.

It becomes very clear when one team is a lot more organized and dominating from the start that they are gonna win

this old system was more fair.

wins can be hard to come by some days/weeks. sometimes you just get matched up against better teams the entire time; sometimes I get stuck with the bad death matchers that dont even try to win (some even seem to run away from objectives and not just ignore them).

I typically only get an hour or 2 to play at a time and only a once or twice during the week; a single bad day can mean that I don't complete a weekly during the week that I picked it up. I could take 2 weeks to complete. now that my characters are full 306 and have set bonus it doesnt matter much when it takes 2 weeks to complete a weekly; but this new system will mean all those incomplete weeklys are just lost effort.

this old system was more fair.

wins can be hard to come by some days/weeks. sometimes you just get matched up against better teams the entire time; sometimes I get stuck with the bad death matchers that dont even try to win (some even seem to run away from objectives and not just ignore them).

I typically only get an hour or 2 to play at a time and only a once or twice during the week; a single bad day can mean that I don't complete a weekly during the week that I picked it up. I could take 2 weeks to complete. now that my characters are full 306 and have set bonus it doesnt matter much when it takes 2 weeks to complete a weekly; but this new system will mean all those incomplete weeklys are just lost effort.

Same points I’ve been making for over a month and BioWare seem to be ignoring.

Any system is going to have issues, largely due to we the people being the problem... they cant program people being tards out of the game.

But the direction they have made many recent changes makes little sense to me. People still AFK, people still dont play to win, whatever their goal it its failed.

Thhey should put it back to the old way where even a loss counts to the daily/weekly if they are going forward with this reset plan, and give more benefit to actually winning, bonus tokens or whatever.. to encourage people to actually play the maps again.

But, they wont

Any system is going to have issues, largely due to we the people being the problem... they cant program people being tards out of the game.

But the direction they have made many recent changes makes little sense to me. People still AFK, people still dont play to win, whatever their goal it its failed.

Thhey should put it back to the old way where even a loss counts to the daily/weekly if they are going forward with this reset plan, and give more benefit to actually winning, bonus tokens or whatever.. to encourage people to actually play the maps again.

But, they wont

You’re 100% right of course. By reimplementing the points system they would be admitting they were wrong.

BioWare and especially ChrisS are as stubborn as granite. They will never back track and admit a mistake.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Current system is ok. I can understand why they did it, and I can understand why many don't like it.

There is not a perfect solution for any scenario. But should a lose really be worth something.

Weekly reset is a problem for F2P players more then anything else. With the limit of ten games per character none will manage to make a weekly ever, unless the stars align and all the known gods are with you.

Current system is ok. I can understand why they did it, and I can understand why many don't like it.

There is not a perfect solution for any scenario. But should a lose really be worth something.

Weekly reset is a problem for F2P players more then anything else. With the limit of ten games per character none will manage to make a weekly ever, unless the stars align and all the known gods are with you.

Solid points but regarding "should a loss really be worth something"... normally i would agree but in the current paradigm where you are as likely to get an unwinnable match against a premade or a bunch of clowns that dont even try to win at all, yeah, why should my time be wasted by such things?

id rather take the lookout of hide in a corner over feeding that personally.

In a fair balanced match were all sides actually try, no, but how often do we really see that anymore? one iin every 3-5?

I also understand why they did it, but it didn’t work to stop afkers or encourage more people to try winning. All it did was make the system more draconian to solo and casual players with less available play time.

And while the points system is not perfect, how about if they’d just adjusted the points instead of getting rid of it entirely? That way if you get bad matchmaking or fools who don’t try and win or multiple premade vs pug matches, you’ve not completely wasted your own play time.

It’s not always the players fault if the teams you’re on keep losing. Remember there are 7 other players on your team. You can be the best player in the game and get put with a bunch of random muppets for a string of matches where all you do is lose.

We are also talking about regs and not ranked. Where I agree that wins only should count because it’s a highly competitive structure with a published ranking system.

If 8s was a ranked format too, I would agree with a win only format, but it’s not. 8s is a as casual as you get. There’s piss poor match making. You’ve got premades vs solo pugs and you’ve got a large portion who don’t even try and win because their scoreboard preening.

As long as you have those conditions, it’s really not a fair system to only award wins to complete the weekly which will now be linked directly to your gearing.

Myself and others made the points tweaking suggestion way back before they even made the win only requirement. We argued for increasing the total points per weekly and increasing the points for wins, while keeping the points for losses at 1.

At the same time we argued that wins should reward more “things or shines”. Instead BioWare nerfed rewards for losses and didn’t increase rewards for wins. That’s partially why I believe many don’t try and win cause you really get nothing for it.

The system I would put in place would be a points system. You could make the weekly need 30 or 40 points (depending on if you wanted a 3:1 or 4:1 win : loss ratio).

* You make a win = 3 or 4 points

* You make a loss = 1 point (people still get something towards the weekly)

* You add real incentive rewards (things) for winning

* You add give out health packs and stims for losing

* You remake the medal system so it’s custom for each map type to encourage winning and add rewards or daily/weekly points for getting X amount of medals.

* For 8s only, you remove the public scoreboard points for damage, healing and protection. Make them private so you can only see your own. And keep the medals, kills, deaths and objective points public on the scoreboard.

That would encourage people to play more and not feel like they are wasting their time. It would encourage more people to play to win and take away the incentives to scoreboard preen and still have a disincentive to afk.

Of course you would still get people who will afk or rage quit, but that’s no different to now under the draconian system we have. At least under the points system, people would feel like they are not being penalised for no fault of their own.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Rewarding a loss is so problematic. The lvl of regs is already low with many bad players or newbies,and that would only make em lazier to actually learn how to play their classes properly. Plus ppl wouldnt have to fight at all for rewards,and the lvl of the fights would decrease even more,with some ppl even goin afk ( ik some ppl that used to do that ). Even tho the rewards for regs are irrelevant,most of the times, I feel they shouls keep the system as it is now cos its just fine. Most of the time I finish my weekly in 1 or 2 days. If I can do that,anyone can finish a weekly in a week ( unless they dont have time to play,which isnt game's fault)

Rewarding a loss is so problematic. The lvl of regs is already low with many bad players or newbies,and that would only make em lazier to actually learn how to play their classes properly. Plus ppl wouldnt have to fight at all for rewards,and the lvl of the fights would decrease even more,with some ppl even goin afk ( ik some ppl that used to do that ). Even tho the rewards for regs are irrelevant,most of the times, I feel they shouls keep the system as it is now cos its just fine. Most of the time I finish my weekly in 1 or 2 days. If I can do that,anyone can finish a weekly in a week ( unless they dont have time to play,which isnt game's fault)

People still go afk and people still don’t try and win under the current system. Nothing really changed in that regards when they made only wins count. All it did was drive more people out of the queue.

I don’t understand the mentality for reg pvp that it’s all or nothing when it comes to rewards.

If pvp is to survive, you need to encourage more people to play more, especially new people or people who are intimidated by pvp. You don’t do that by using draconian methods because they just won’t play.

You need to encourage them to play more and to learn to win. You can do that with carrots much better than you can with a massive stick.

What BioWare need to do is have a carrot and stick approach. You need a smallish stick to try and herd players away from negative play styles (AFKing and Death Matching) and you need an enticing carrot to reinforce the positive play styles (playing to win and not giving up).

The current system doesn’t do either. It doesn’t work and it needs to be changed.

I’ve outlined ways that have been discussed on the forums to make it better. I don’t get why people are so against making positive changes. It’s like you want pvp to keep devolving and die.

( unless they dont have time to play,which isnt game's fault)

So, if someone has a job and family responsibilities that keep them from playing SWTOR for hours at a time, it’s entirely their fault and they just don’t get to enjoy the game the same way you do? Completing your weekly in one or two days is doable…if you play like twenty to thirty matches or roll with a premade stomping pugs. If you can’t do either of those things, you’re going to be absolutely sodomized by the weekly reset.

Besides, Trixxie already pointed this out, but let me make it more concise. For all of the people defending this system, it was implemented to foster competition by stopping quitters and AFK players. But people still quit and go AFK. The system literally doesn’t do the thing it was designed to do. It’s fundamentally broken.

Edited by Enticy

• 3 weeks later...
Rewarding a loss is so problematic. The lvl of regs is already low with many bad players or newbies,and that would only make em lazier to actually learn how to play their classes properly.

You realize there is a ranked PvP for hardcore players that want what you want, right? What is the point of unranked anymore if the attitude is screw the casuals?

You realize there is a ranked PvP for hardcore players that want what you want, right? What is the point of unranked anymore if the attitude is screw the casuals?

Your casuals have already ruined pvp...so I say HELL YEA.....

No rules, no win requirements, no nothing....just casuals and quitters....damn that sounds fun!

Edited by Nickodemous