Looking for a headgear with specific voice modulation. Also Lana romance is bugged.

Hi everyone!

Not sure if I'm putting my thread into right category but It seems I really need an assistance of more experienced Darths, Bounty hunters, Jedi etc than I am... :)

I am not really "new" player, I'm just stuck. So, let's begin:

-First of all I like how Malaks headgear changes SW voice but I don't like how it looks... Every time I see it I have thoughts that its owner is patient of mental hospital who has a habit to bite other people xD Are there some another masks with the same effect? Or at least close to it. Malgus reborn, maybe? I also tried full helmets "hidden" with character editor. Nope :( Stats were working but voice was regular. But for my RP I must wear a mask, not helmet. Maybe some of you guys know another tricks? You also free to advice me your personally loved mask with voice modulation if you have one. Who knows, maybe I will like it as well.

-And my entire playthrough was ruined by bug in Alliance Chapter where you got to lock a romance during a conversation in cantina. Flirt option simply didn't appear. Unfortunately, I figured everything out too late, after finishing that event and many chapters after it cause that was my first playthrough. So now I am going to create another character and begin from the start. That's not a problem. The problem is possibility of that bug happen again. Do you know any way to avoid or fix it? I just want to be ready for it in the future.

As far as Lana romance is concerned my advice is just RP a romance with Lana. In game there is very little outward acknowledgement of any romance, other than 1 or 2 brief cutscenes. Neither of you wears a ring, your LI doesn't call you honey or in any way changes their conversations with you, you don't hold hands, etc, etc.

If a romance showed more actual effects in game, I could understand being concerned about it, but as it is now, I wouldn't bother to re-roll a character for the sake of a "romance". I'd just RP it.

At the start of Onslaught I discovered that my female Gunslinger was having a romance with Lana. I don't remember starting it, but in any case she's "friends with benefits" with Nico Ocarr as far as I'm concerned. (I haven't tried to end the romance with Lana - I just ignore it. Nico, Risha, Bowdaar, and Z0-0M are the companions I actually use on that character.)

Edited by JediQuaker

-And my entire playthrough was ruined by bug in Alliance Chapter where you got to lock a romance during a conversation in cantina. Flirt option simply didn't appear. Unfortunately, I figured everything out too late, after finishing that event and many chapters after it cause that was my first playthrough. So now I am going to create another character and begin from the start. That's not a problem. The problem is possibility of that bug happen again. Do you know any way to avoid or fix it? I just want to be ready for it in the future.

I'm too lazy to type this again:

Sorry to tell you that that character will remain forever devoid of Lana's romance. There are rumours of a possible "fixer" mission for later, but there's nothing concrete.

The basic schema for the next character (the same schema applies to Lana or Koth):

* Start KotFE Chapter I.

* Play through to the beginning of Chapter IX // the end of Chapter VIII *without* there being a patch.

* It doesn't have to be at one straight-through sitting (five or six hours if you watch all the cinematics), but it *can* be.

* For best results, start on Friday night and play at various times during the weekend. They've never released patches other than Tuesday (normal day), Thursday (once in a while, usually for emergency fixes), and Wednesday (*once* only if memory serves), and certainly they wouldn't release one *on* the weekend itself.

* Do not start your "at one sitting" run at 9pm. I did this one time, and finished at about 3am.

* On the way to Chapter IX, flirt with Lana (or Koth if he's your target) at every chance you get.

* Reach the cantina scene in Chapter IX.

When you reach the atrocity wheel(1), it *should* look like this:

1. I want to speak with one of you.

2. [Flirt] I want to speak with one of you.

The exact wording depends on your class, but options 1 and 2 are always the same on the wheel, apart from the [Flirt] tag. Pick Option Two. That takes you to a conversation where you'll get another [Flirt] option. Pick It. You'll get a pop-up warning you that you are about to start a romance. Click CONFIRM.

Then play through the rest of the chapter normally, all the way up to the point where you begin Chapter X (with a cinematic full of blither about "Firebrand").

What if the atrocity wheel has only one option?

1. I want to speak with one of you.

The solution below is slightly theoretical. People have talked about it, but I've never had the problem, so I can't vouch for its validity.

*Immediately* bail out of the conversation by pressing Esc. Start any earlier chapter (use Shift+E to get the Chapters panel, then make sure to press PLAY / LAUNCH so that you get *into* the chapter). Restart Chapter IX and take the flirts with Theron. This reactivates the "Atrocity Wheel Option 2 needed" state on your character.

In all cases, once you've locked the romance in place, make sure to finish the chapter!

Final note: the marriage proposal (we haven't seen the wedding itself) happens at the end of the "series of flashpoints" story arc that follows KotET, in the aftermath of the Nathema Conspiracy step.

(1) "wheel" because it's a dialogue wheel. "atrocity" because it's an atrocity in game story progress management.