Will Guard/Jugg be good in ranked for 7.0

CRIMSONxSECLUDED

Nobody knows. It’s way too early to even spit ball. Too many changes for all classes and we haven’t even seen half the class changes on the pts yet.

We’ll know more when all the classes have been put up on the pts. But even then we probably won’t know till 7.0 is launched and we know the BiS sets and the meta is tested.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

nobody can say for shure but it will probebly depend on how hard the current top dog's get nerfed (mara sin op)

+ how the damage will change but considering some of the change's seen so far i don't hold mutch hope personaly but who knows at this point

Not unless they keep grit teeth or get a really good tactical / set bonus replacement.

My guess is they will return to their 5.0 level or worse where it's something you play for fun but the average winrate will be garbage because you don't have an escape and you will melt in a whitebar. On top of that you will lose a rootbreaker and have to choose between Endure pain or Mad dash so good luck kiting after Enraged defense.

Edited by gunsandsabers

I’ll say that. Wanted or not top dogs are skanks. Grit teeth plus 2.5% armor penetration, I haven’t seen monsters like these get busted.

Rumors has it that from the point of view of EA they will try to boost the dps on immortals while boost their survivability also. If that is the case we are going to have our next duelling skank monster.

One of the same🤷🏼*♂️

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all , Been awhile since ive posted something !

Anyways... What is everyones opinions on guard/jugg , will this class make a comeback and do well in ranked once again?

Look at the changes so far on PTS. The answer is self-evident.

Are we talking about group or solo ranked? Cos,u know,they already are meta in groupranked,if u play the right spec(tank). The dps specs are ok,and I could even consider a bolsa,but their tank spec def needs a nerf. Its outrageous how a tank can even more dmg then the dps classes,and still can tank and guard his party. Tanks should be tank and dps should be dps. The way it is now ,skank juggs are both in same spec.

Speculation now is ridiculous! We will wait and see! I am just hoping a dps jugg will be viable again.

..You, uh, have seen the changes right? There's a lot of ways to describe the likely outcome, but I seriously don't think "viable" is the word for "and then we lost our DCDs in a burst-heavy meta where Operatives didn't get nerfed".

Is Rian Johnson running SWTOR now? Why have they so consistently neutered Juggs? Isn't this the core Sith class of DS SW lore? Why do the Dev's fear melee? Is it too directly aggressive a gameplay in a passive aggressive world? I mean, rDPS is cozy n all, but why cut out the center? Edited by Aghasett

Is Rian Johnson running SWTOR now? Why have they so consistently neutered Juggs? Isn't this the core Sith class of DS SW lore? Why do the Dev's fear melee? Is it too directly aggressive a gameplay in a passive aggressive world? I mean, rDPS is cozy n all, but why cut out the center?

Devs fear melee?I dont think so mate.Operatives, Pt, maras and even juggs are as powerful and good as the ranged classes. Pt has the best burst dmg atm, operatives with the right spec can do literaly everything and are the most overpower class in 1v1 atm,mara is a little tricky but is great too if u know how to use its streghts, and juggs tanks are basicaly gods in pvp.

I agree maybe the juggs dps specs could get a little buff,maybe,but vengence isnt bad at all. It just happens that skank juggs are too powerful and strong right now,so its preferable u play this spec instead of vengeance. The other dps spec is trash tho,imo

Edited by DougTheNoob

Devs fear melee?I dont think so mate.Operatives, Pt, maras and even juggs are as powerful and good as the ranged classes. Pt has the best burst dmg atm, operatives with the right spec can do literaly everything and are the most overpower class in 1v1 atm,mara is a little tricky but is great too if u know how to use its streghts, and juggs tanks are basicaly gods in pvp.

I agree maybe the juggs dps specs could get a little buff,maybe,but vengence isnt bad at all. It just happens that skank juggs are too powerful and strong right now,so its preferable u play this spec instead of vengeance. The other dps spec is trash tho,imo

...Have you tried taking vengeance into ranked? It's not terribly pretty.

Jugg dps is the worst melee for ranked ,I'll g8ve u that. But vengeance is still useable. My point with my comment was to defend that melee classes have the same chances to shine than ranged classes. In fact,the meta in ranked is mostly melee classes atm.

• 2 weeks later...

PTs and Juggs are the most toxic classes atm. they're played by sweaty nerds who know the games desync issues are what saves them. Most of the time they're just *********** with targeting.