Stuns are a plague

Crazykidddd

You guys need to fix this asap. It's become such a problem that you can't move anymore in warzones, hence the only thing that happens is you die over and over stunlocked. You guys want to fix the toxicity in pvp? Starting by making it impossible for players to be stunned to death, unable to move or do anything would be a great place. And that cc resolve bar is a joke, by the time it gets activated you're already dead most of the time, or by the time you heal up (which just wastes more time) and come back, it's gone, and the whole process starts all over again.

Either remove stuns from PvP completely, or make resolve bar an actual useful thing to have because atm its completely useless.

Most people don't even want to touch pvp because they know theyre just going to get stunlocked and ganked to death repeatedly, and I get that this may be a pve focused game, but you guys seriously need to do something about this issue, which can be fixed SO easily, because it's ruining the game for those of us who just want to have fun instead of being practice dummies for 10 seconds straight.

nah. there are some outliers like the debilitator set bonus (double-stun) and double carb not filling resolve (given how bursty AP is).

but the resolve system itself works, imo.

what I would like to try out is a change to how the breaker works in relation to resolve. I would like to reward players who only use their breaker when white-barred by either eliminating the CD or cutting it in half (I'd like to see how it plays out, which is something that can only be gauged by actually implementing it).

there are times when you need to take a chance and break before white bar, but usually it's just bad players breaking or good players who say "screw it. i don't care. i want the burn." you might also break a 6s/8s lift/awe b/c you know he only has a shorter cc remaining and it's worth trying to burn. and there are other legit reasons, but generally, ppl breaking before white bar are impatient and making a mistake. meanwhile, players who break appropriately are left out to dry for that 1.5 min (which is a LONG time given how much CC and burst is in the game).

TL; DR:

Everyone should have to eat one full length hard stun (~4s) or mezz (6s-8s). But if they use their breaker appropriately (white barred), then they should be rewarded by removing or drastically reducing the CD on their breaker.

another option is that this only apply to hard stuns, but that might be too tricky to create rules for w/o 2 different resolve systems.

Adding stun immunity for a couple of seconds after getting stunned would go a long way in helping solve this issue (Somewhat anyway). Stunfest is really what keeps me from enjoying the PVP in SWTOR.

We already have resolve, which is stun immunity to do degree, the problem is, you're normally dead or about to die before that kicks in.

We already have resolve, which is stun immunity to do degree, the problem is, you're normally dead or about to die before that kicks in.

yeah what I suggest is direct immunity for a couple of seconds after being stunned, It seems that the mechanic that's in place right now isn't working if you're getting focused (or rather) players have essentially just found a way to beat the mechanic.

Edited by Toonicker

yeah what I suggest is direct immunity for a couple of seconds after being stunned, It seems that the mechanic that's in place right now isn't working if you're getting focused (or rather) players have essentially just found a way to beat the mechanic.

you'd have to lose your breaker if they implemented a system like that.

personally, I'd rather BW drastically reduced the CD on breaker when the breaker is used during full resolve. (this would also resolve the issue of players getting white bar only to have it dissolve as they way in spawn for the gate to drop.

but as I stated in another thread, I'm weary of asking BW to do anything, because w/e changes they make to address a problem tend to be massive overcorrection, undercorrections, or completely miss the mark entirely.

Edited by CheesyEZ