Huttball ninja nerf on movement speed

tharlainmar

I hardly ever notice desync. Its not as common as people make it out to be.

Dude, do you live next to the server farm? Cause this is the sort of answer Bioware give. They also can’t see the desync (apparently) or half the bugs people report to them. They only know about the desync and bugs because players post video of it happening. Otherwise they can’t see it to fix it.

Just about everyone I know who plays ranked or I read about on discord can see the desync and you only need to google it to find twitch or YouTube vids of it happening.

It literally isn't.

It literally does for everyone who exeperinces desync in the game. Everyone who does will see operatives desync “everytime” they get the ball. It’s therefore a forgone conclusion to pass the ball to an operative or let the operative get the ball because you can’t stop them while they are desyncing.

You must be the only non Bioware employee player who doesn’t see this. Cause everyone else sees it.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

My ping is usually around 10-20ms, sometimes its around 7 or 8 on a good day. Any experiences you have I honestly don't give much attention to considering you play at odd hours and are connecting to an east coast server from the asian pacific region with 300+ ping. Of course you're gonna run into more issues.

And I'm not saying desync never happens, but its not this constant thing that others love to make it out to be. I see it happen once or twice a night, if that, and its usually a leaping warrior. I don't notice op roll desyncing that often.

Edited by Raansu

My ping is usually around 10-20ms, sometimes its around 7 or 8 on a good day. Any experiences you have I honestly don't give much attention to considering you play at odd hours and are connecting to an east coast server from the asian pacific region with 300+ ping. Of course you're gonna run into more issues.

And I'm not saying desync never happens, but its not this constant thing that others love to make it out to be. I see it happen once or twice a night, if that, and its usually a leaping warrior. I don't notice op roll desyncing that often.

So what you’re saying is you live next to the servers. My connection or where I live has nothing to do with the desync that everyone else sees. If I was the only one who had the problem, I would concede that it’s my distance, but I’m not the only one.

Honestly, you are probably the only pvper I’ve ever seen or heard of posting they don’t have any desync when operatives roll up a lvl in Huttball.

I’m also not saying you don’t have it, but you are 100% in the minority of players who don’t have this problem. If you want to see what nearly every other players sees, can I suggest you roll an Alt on server in a different region to you, maybe then the rest of us will get some empathy from you when you can understand how game breaking it really is for the majority of players who don’t live next door to the servers with 7ms ping.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Not sure if anyone knows this already but aside from the less frequent huttballs, they have also changed it so that you get a perma slow while carrying the ball even if you are not in combat and no one is around you. now this would not be so bad if the speed was the same as being in combat but they have made it so that it even stacks with the movespeed decrease trauma from being in combat.

suckball is the one map I loathe more than any other. It is the one map I will not try to win. The one map I tdm. Bioware has given me even more reason to avoid objectives on these maps.

My guess is they were attempting to stop the operative nonsense...but, they overreached and this is what we get. :cool:

suckball is the one map I loathe more than any other. It is the one map I will not try to win. The one map I tdm. Bioware has given me even more reason to avoid objectives on these maps.

My guess is they were attempting to stop the operative nonsense...but, they overreached and this is what we get. :cool:

It they wanted to stop the operative nonsense the easiest solution was to stop them rolling with the ball. All this slow has done has made it so the only people who can score are operatives.