How to start the Legacy of the Sith story?

Dasset

There is nothing in chapters, nothing on my ship, nothing that pops up telling me how to proceed, nothing about LotS in my mission log. I am so flipping lost. :o How do I start the new story quest line?

You wait until it is launched on the Live servers in February. They don't put previews of new story content on PTS.

You wait until it is launched on the Live servers in February. They don't put previews of new story content on PTS.

Ooooh, I see! Thanks for letting me know. I thought testing the questline was a part of playing on the PTS. I guess that\s for their internal staff to test, to avoid public spoilers. :)

Edited by Dasset

There is nothing in chapters, nothing on my ship, nothing that pops up telling me how to proceed, nothing about LotS in my mission log. I am so flipping lost. :o How do I start the new story quest line?

They do not put expansion story on the PTS ever. You'll have to wait until it comes out to live servers for that.

They don't like spoiling the story for the players.

Edited by Toraak

• 1 month later...
Do you got to complete any previous dlc to start the Legacy of the sith?

Hard to say at this point. There wasn't a direct path to Onslaught (6.0, Onderon/Mek-Sha), but there was for Jedi Under Siege (5.9, Ossus) which is immediately before it.

Because there are important choices to make before Onslaught (loyalist/saboteur, chosen for Jedi Under Siege and still not "resolved"), it's entirely possible that we won't be able to skip directly up to LotS from *before* Jedi Under Siege, but there's no compelling reason to think that skipping over the post-JUS stories might be a possibility.

And don't forget that SWTOR expansions aren't "DLCs" in the same way that ESO's DLCs are - in ESO they are free-standing stories, as are the chapters, while in SWTOR they are part of an over-arching single story.

And don't forget that SWTOR expansions aren't "DLCs" in the same way that ESO's DLCs are - in ESO they are free-standing stories, as are the chapters, while in SWTOR they are part of an over-arching single story.

Well the whole paid dlc is interesting argument from ESO standards because you sub over there you get most of the DLC except what the most current until you unsub. Whereas when Swtor actually had paid expansions of RotHC and Shadow of Revan there was an outcry that we actually had to pay for basically the same kinda of expansion we are getting right now. People were like this is more of a update rather than a expansion that has always been how EA/Bioware treated their expansions rather than something like WoW treated expansions that where massive at launch but were not complete at all they still patched in more content and more raids later on in expansion's life. WoW back in the day not sure if they still do but from classic-cata was jumbled mess and most of the servers broke and glitches would kill you would have obscene repair bills because of the deaths that were happening from it. For the people that think that things will change if swtor actually had a paid expansion method you are fooling yourselves it would be the same thing we are getting now and have always gotten just the only exception is you would then be paying for it to be like this. I understand what people expect from paying for an expansion seperate from subbing but that has never really affected how EA/Bioware treats expansions. They do their own things and thats about it.