Jedi Consular plot hole?

Zarorock

Okay, so I managed to finally get around to playing the jedi Consular and I just finished the first chapter. And I enjoyed it, save for a lingering question. Every time I used the healing/shield thing the jedi would mention how much of a toll it took on my character, that for each person I shielded I became weaker, like a constant drain on my abilities. I always assumed that once I beat the big bad behind it all their would be a line like "you now burn brighter in the force than ever before" or something like that, a contrast to just killing everyone and not getting any stronger. Instead I got the impression that defeating the big bad did nothing. Is my jedi Consular now a weaker jedi because they decided to save lives? Because if so the lesson is simple, kill everyone and preserve your strength.... Not a very jedi way of thinking.

You become weaker because you were shielding everyone, but when you defeat the big bad, whether you keep him alive or not, you don't need to shield anyone anymore so the power you were wasting on the effort is over. So no matter what, you don't gain anything it just stops the drain. Remember you originally had more power then Yuon did at 18 by the time you were 4. So your character was exceptionally strong, not a marysue you still had training and had to get through all the pit falls etc., but could have been if your character was some princess who magically knew everything with no training. ( I'm staring at you , cowbag Rey marysue :mad: ) Sigh, so not a plot hole. :D

OP, if you really want to see a plot hole regarding your force wielder's abilities, just wait till your story progresses to Ziost and your force wielder has no option but to use an over-the-shoulder grenade cannon, no force involved.

Why?

Because by that time, the story has become one-size-fits-all, so rather than coding a force wielder solution to blasting open a door versus a gun-toting version, everyone must use the shoulder cannon.

Oh, I didn't see that as a plot hole, more of "Oh, a rocket launcher, never used one of those before"

Well my force wielder would be like are you kidding? I'm not getting my fingers dirty holding that thing, I don't know where it's been, and why this late in my force-wielder life would I start using guns now?

I'll bust the door down with the force.

It isn't a new thing to use a non-lightsaber on Ziost as a Force-wielder. If you do the planetary quest on Alderaan (which is VANILLA-story Time-frame), you use a hand-cannon to take down those things holding the force field protecting the Ulgo King, or "pretender to the throne".

It is in other EU stories -book 1 about Darth Bane (before he becomes Sith) uses a sniper rifle during his time with the troopers for the first time and hits everything - which would be impossible for a non-force user- this is what brings him to the attention of the Sith Brotherhood.