Is there a work around this Shroud bug

EllieAnne

Gamebreaking bug so I assume BW will ignore this thread.

We are in the last stage of the Shroud story line in his assembly line. You can not finish the turret/droid battle because invariably (three times in a row) at least one droid get in the center podium with the shield and gets stuck. You can target him bit can't "see" him so attacks (even DoE) won't work. Once my healing companion got stuck in there and didn't heal.

So does anyone have a solution because I certainly don't. Bioware, any intentions on fixing this?

Send one of your team member to his stronghold, this will allow you to bring out a DPS companion.

Send the companion to attack and when the robot goes out, just call back your companion and kill the robot

and your team member can come back of course :p

Works all the time so far. Good luck to you

just a little more info concerning the player sent to a stronghold. When he will return he will not be directly in the instance. For a strange raison the game return you to Nar shaddah but not the instance. So :

- 1 - be sure first to check if the map phase is the same that all of you as most often the game transfer you to another map

- 2 - Then head to the entrance of the instance that should be blue for you and empty of mobs

Edited by Malibbu

I did the shroud last week and didn’t come across this bug. Does it happen when you are fighting the duplicate HK at the end? I didn’t even target the turrents, only HK.

it happens when a player must stand into the console and push the different color levels. You fight some robot there, and have to not walk on the electrified ground. And some robot goes in the console.

There is also another bug that can also happens at the start, when you have to stand on two blocks to spawn the mobs. If you have your companions with you, the mobs can not be attacked at all as they go in the ceiling.

i had another bug in that too, as i was stuck could not move at all, and going to a stronghold did nothing. I leave the game and go back in.

(To be honnest, i know this because my husband did that quest with his 3 accounts on all characters. And as we play in the same room, i saw him lead this instance for a lot of teams, and explains it a lot of times.)

(The Unique time i did it, i had 2 of the bugs mentionned a bug and i was stressing as hell lol lol, this is the only moment i feel i am really a gran'ma near 70 lol)

it happens when a player must stand into the console and push the different color levels. You fight some robot there, and have to not walk on the electrified ground. And some robot goes in the console.

There is also another bug that can also happens at the start, when you have to stand on two blocks to spawn the mobs. If you have your companions with you, the mobs can not be attacked at all as they go in the ceiling.

i had another bug in that too, as i was stuck could not move at all, and going to a stronghold did nothing. I leave the game and go back in.

(To be honnest, i know this because my husband did that quest with his 3 accounts on all characters. And as we play in the same room, i saw him lead this instance for a lot of teams, and explains it a lot of times.)

(The Unique time i did it, i had 2 of the bugs mentionned a bug and i was stressing as hell lol lol, this is the only moment i feel i am really a gran'ma near 70 lol)

I’ve never done it that way. I just kill HK and then that’s it’s. Gets me through and I’m not even you sure what colour panels you mean. I’m a bit of a Leroy Jenkins type player

We are talking about the shroud quest with HK and Z00M, aren’t we?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The goal is not to let the droids get to the center where they are protected by the shield. Engage all the droids and use taunts, CC and excessive violence to keep them from wandering off. If they get into the shield you lost and need to reset the encounter by having all group members getting down from the trapped plattform. There is no notification when a droid gets into the shield so it might actually be a bug, and we just made up that objective, but it's doable and has been like that since the quest was released with 2.0.

After that you can't proceed with a companion. You need 4 players to press buttons.

@Trixxie: This is about the macrobinoculars H4 on Nar Shaddaa ;)

Edited by Mubrak

I’ve never done it that way. I just kill HK and then that’s it’s. Gets me through and I’m not even you sure what colour panels you mean. I’m a bit of a Leroy Jenkins type player

We are talking about the shroud quest with HK and Z00M, aren’t we?

No it is hunting down the Shroud in his lair with turrets and droids. The whole escape room theme.

• Dev Post

We are in the last stage of the Shroud story line in his assembly line. You can not finish the turret/droid battle because invariably (three times in a row) at least one droid get in the center podium with the shield and gets stuck. You can target him bit can't "see" him so attacks (even DoE) won't work. Once my healing companion got stuck in there and didn't heal.

So does anyone have a solution because I certainly don't. Bioware, any intentions on fixing this?

Can you tell me the exact quest name and the droid NPCs' names? That would help us look into this further.

It's called The Shroud Revealed. I encountered the same bug. From what I've seen, you just need to make sure the droids don't get knocked close to the center of the room, otherwise they get stuck. As long as you can aggro them away from the center, it's do-able. I've completed it 3 times within the past few months, the last time was last week.

There's a fair bit of backstory to this issue, so there's a lot to mention.

Yes, this has happened to me on a few occasions when running it. It's the macrobinocular mission series finale, which was meant to be a heroic 4 mission (but it can be 3-manned with phasewalk and the sniper's equivalent). I believe it's called "The Shroud's Last Stand" on impside. On pubside, the equivalent mission is called "The Shroud Revealed." The mission that precedes this one in the chain is my absolute favourite in the game :rak_03:

The fight mentioned is the finale mission's first boss encounter, where players fight a few waves of droids and turrets on a floor with an array of mines that periodically activate on a rotating basis, forcing melee players to have to move around while fighting in order to avoid being hit and stunned by the mines (ranged can stand back on a mine-less platform at the back of the room and maintain full uptime).

A year or two ago, the game implemented a change to ranged mob pathing because ranged companions wouldn't follow players around in combat, causing them to stay stuck out of range. This has changed many fights in the game, like Thrasher in the Scum and Villainy operation, because ranged enemies had started moving when they're not supposed to. This happens to Draxus in Dread Fortress as well.

The reason why it's a problem here is that there's an energy shield around the controller droid in the middle of the mined floor. It serves as a physical barrier that players can't move or get line of sight through because killing the controller ends the encounter. This barrier isn't an obstacle for enemies however, so the ranged enemies often accidentally move inside the shield while pathing to players (especially if the players are ranged and standing on the platform) after the ranged mob pathing change from the last paragraph. Every droid in a wave must die to cause the next wave to spawn, so if one gets trapped in there, players have no way to hit it or force it to move out because the shield blocks line of sight. Even AoE abilities can't reach an enemy stuck in there.

The workaround that one of my recent groups found is to make sure to make the droids not path through the shield, or to have each player aggro a separate one and keep it in melee range so that it doesn't move. Given that this content is sadly barely played because it requires a group (part of what makes it fun and unique) and that the problem has a workaround, I wouldn't expect this to get fixed. The ranged companion pathing bug took months to get addressed, and it seems like the implemented fix was a fundamental change to the game's foundations.

That happened to my husband when I was helping him finish that mission. What we did was fought away from the center, in the back of the room. We had a tank and the tank would move to taunt the droids so that they would never move through the shield, because once the droid goes into the shield, there is no way to get it out and you must /stuck it to restart the fight.

I did the shroud last week and didn’t come across this bug. Does it happen when you are fighting the duplicate HK at the end? I didn’t even target the turrents, only HK.

They are not talking about the HK solo mission where you get the Zoom comp. They are talking about the macro binocular mission.

Given that this content is sadly barely played because it requires a group (part of what makes it fun and unique) and that the problem has a workaround, I wouldn't expect this to get fixed. .

I'd say because it's Bioware the bug won't get fixed. Second, why should anyone have to go online to get a workaround for a gamebreaking bug. Isn't it up to Bioware to take our subscription money and pay someone to make the game playable? And lastly, good luck trying to gat a group of 4 again for this mission now that I have a few ideas.

I don’t know that one. Where do you pick up that quest?

You never did the Macrobinoculars questline that introduces the Shroud? A galaxy wide scavenger hunt that ends in a 4-man button-puzzle area? You pick this and the seeker droid / dread seeds quest from the astromechs on fleet near the exit to Coruscant / Dromund Kaas.

@Jackie:

The quests are "[HEROIC 4] The Shroud’s Last Stand" / "[HEROIC 4] The Shroud Revealed" depending on faction.

This is a long solo questline that ends with an instanced puzzle area that requires 4 players to press buttons. Since it was released in 2013 and can be done only once per character, it's quite difficult to find a group these days (players not on the quest can help, but you still need to be lucky to find someone nice enough to do so.)

When you're looking into the quest, please consider making it soloable (change it so we just have to find the buttons and switch them on, instead of having 4 players hold them simultaneously.)

Edited by Mubrak

• Dev Post
It's called The Shroud Revealed.

I believe it's called "The Shroud's Last Stand" on impside. On pubside, the equivalent mission is called "The Shroud Revealed." The mission that precedes this one in the chain is my absolute favourite in the game :rak_03:

@Jackie:

The quests are "[HEROIC 4] The Shroud’s Last Stand" / "[HEROIC 4] The Shroud Revealed" depending on faction.

Thanks, everyone. I'll pass that info along. Can you also provide the names of the droid NPCs?

If you guys end up working on fixing [HEROIC 4] The Shroud Revealed/The Shroud’s Last Stand soloable, can you turn it into a [HEROIC 2+]? Another quest that currently is soloable but should definitely also be turned into a [HEROIC 2+] is [HEROIC 4] Alchemy of Evil/Uprooting the Last Seed. I say this quest in particular because at the moment the damage done to you by mobs is absolutely ridiculous when attempting to solo it. It’s possible, it just takes a while. This would be greatly appreciated and would make doing these quests more fun in the future.

"The mission that precedes this one in the chain is my absolute favourite in the game :rak_03:

Oh yes! [HEROIC 4] All The Pieces / Dark Design:

A jump & run in the streets of Nar Shaddaa, too good to hide it away in a one-shot questline.

This would work great as a regular heroic. And all that would need to be changed is letting us enter again.

Maybe a weekly or as an addition to the Bounty hunter event, swapping the boss for a special target?

Edited by Mubrak

I'd love it if this bug were fixed, but are we being serious right now? This bug has been in the game for years, and now we get a community manager in a thread pretending like this is the first time anyone's said anything about it? The Shroud quest has been hard to complete because of this bug for years, and it's been reported, and reported, and reported again, but they've never fixed it. So what makes now any different than every other time it's been reported? Edited by HamadKyron

Just make the mission finishable. Got past droids and 4 doors open but then bugs so that one player can't get thru doors all of a sudden. We got around that by dueling player then they would ./unstick and we'd rez and they would come thru door and rinse repeat but at last stage they couldn't get to room with Shroud. so there are a few bugs with this quest. I have sent a few tickets and bug reports to no avail and have run mission on both sides at least 7 times with out finishing! I keep going, "It's gona work this time!" lol. Thanks in advance.

You never did the Macrobinoculars questline that introduces the Shroud? A galaxy wide scavenger hunt that ends in a 4-man button-puzzle area? You pick this and the seeker droid / dread seeds quest from the astromechs on fleet near the exit to Coruscant / Dromund Kaas.

Always too busy playing pvp in the past. But now I’m not pvping anymore, maybe I’ll give it a go,

Oh yes! [HEROIC 4] All The Pieces / Dark Design:

A jump & run in the streets of Nar Shaddaa, too good to hide it away in a one-shot questline.

This would work great as a regular heroic. And all that would need to be changed is letting us enter again.

Maybe a weekly or as an addition to the Bounty hunter event, swapping the boss for a special target?

I've had the quest chain for years and have not got to this part yet. Thanks for posting this link; it does look awesome, even though I know I'm falling to my death every single one of those jumps :rolleyes:

I'd love it they made these heroics H2s because no-one is interested any more and I'd hate to have to abandon the Shroud quest chain before completing it.