Will Nadia Break Up With You?

Disarin

A thought occurred to me today about Nadia and her lover, my DS Jedi Shadow.

You see, my DS trooper was dumped rather ruthlessly by his love interest, so it stands to reason that our innocent Nadia might do the same thing to us, no?

I mean, I've quite literally done all the edgy dark side **** with him. So I don't think it would make sense for Nadia to still want to be with him, let alone love him after he's been responsible for the deaths of hundreds.

Your thoughts?

You see, my DS trooper was dumped rather ruthlessly by his love interest, so it stands to reason that our innocent Nadia might do the same thing to us, no?

I mean, I've quite literally done all the edgy dark side **** with him. So I don't think it would make sense for Nadia to still want to be with him, let alone love him after he's been responsible for the deaths of hundreds.

Your thoughts?

I really have no idea, it's a valid concern. But I always thought it was annoying that my dark consular couldn't sway her to the dark side at all whatsoever. I mean, she was my student, not the other way around, and she would always carp on about how I handled things. You'd think our alignment choices would rub off on our padawans just a little bit at least, if not in a full on dark Jaesa way.

I hope for your sake, it's simply a very dramatic/romantic scene and she decides she loves you no matter what, if the subject is even broached at all. I'd have been very upset if Vector had broken it off with my dark agent. I had reasons for playing my agent dark, and Vector was part of that narrative for me.

Your thoughts?

It's quite possible. I agree that it probably should be that way. Aric Jorgan is different for the trooper because while he generally backs the Republic, he isn't a shining beacon of The Light - there are multiple DS choices you can make in the class story that he backs, while Elara is definitely such a beacon as well as backing the Republic.

I will admit that I wasn't hugely amused by consequences quite as far away as Chapter X (arguably even III) of KotFE all the way to WoI. And of course she reams you fairly thoroughly and then flounces off in a huff even if your trooper is female and overall Light V but did those specific things.

TBH I'm always going to be supportive of NPCs having their own way and not supporting PCs every whim and change of heart. I'm fine with her dumping my DS shadow if it comes to that.

Perhaps a redemption dialogue option would be appropriate. "Do you promise to change your ways?"

"For you, yes." light

(Lie) "For you, yes." dark

"Never." dark

Perhaps a redemption dialogue option would be appropriate. "Do you promise to change your ways?"

"For you, yes." light

(Lie) "For you, yes." dark

"Never." dark

I'd support that, deffo second choice though. I'm too far gone to change.

TBH I'm always going to be supportive of NPCs having their own way and not supporting PCs every whim and change of heart. I'm fine with her dumping my DS shadow if it comes to that.

This.

I think companion characters should have defined personalities determined by their backstories, that the player character may not necessarily be able to alter. Given how Nadia is characterized in the class story content, it would be entirely in keeping for her not to agree with dark side or pro-Empire actions, and for that to come packaged with consequences.

This.

I think companion characters should have defined personalities determined by their backstories, that the player character may not necessarily be able to alter. Given how Nadia is characterized in the class story content, it would be entirely in keeping for her not to agree with dark side or pro-Empire actions, and for that to come packaged with consequences.

It's still just a game. The wants and needs of the player characters should come first, and there are roleplay ways to support it.

Well that's my philosophy anyway. BW seems to take these things on a case by case basis.

It's still just a game. The wants and needs of the player characters should come first, and there are roleplay ways to support it.

Well that's my philosophy anyway. BW seems to take these things on a case by case basis.

It's my want and need to have relatable characters who are believable in my BioWare games that takes pride on having individualistic well written characters in their games.

Edited by Kiesu

I really have no idea, it's a valid concern. But I always thought it was annoying that my dark consular couldn't sway her to the dark side at all whatsoever. I mean, she was my student, not the other way around, and she would always carp on about how I handled things. You'd think our alignment choices would rub off on our padawans just a little bit at least, if not in a full on dark Jaesa way..

Why? a Padawan has her/his own personality and beliefs. I would much prefer a padawan that does not turn to the dark side even if we are playing a dark side. It would show that she/he holds to her/his beliefs no matter if you were her master and I think it is good that she/he would remind you of who you are suppose to be. I think it is good to have a padawan/companion that hold to their beliefs instead of just following you.

Edited by casirabit

Why? a Padawan has her/his own personality and beliefs. I would much prefer a padawan that does not turn to the dark side even if we are playing a dark side. It would show that she/he holds to her/his beliefs no matter if you were her master and I think it is good that she/he would remind you of who you are suppose to be. I think it is good to have a padawan/companion that hold to their beliefs instead of just following you.

Because she's supposed to be learning from you. Why would she know anything about the ways of a jedi or how they are meant to behave?

Sorry this is veering from the OP but I just wanted to add that Kira is also a padawan who isn't influenced by a dark leaning jedi, but that one makes sense to me because she's not as green as Nadia is.

Edited by grania

Because she's supposed to be learning from you. Why would she know anything about the ways of a jedi or how they are meant to behave?

Sorry this is veering from the OP but I just wanted to add that Kira is also s padawan who isn't influenced by a dark leaning jedi, but that one makes sense to me because she's not as green as Nadia is.

You haven't been teaching jack to her for the past 8something years.

You haven't been teaching jack to her for the past 8something years.

Then why have padawans if there is no expectation that you will influence their behavior? Just, go be a jedi straight away since they know everything already.

Then why have padawans if there is no expectation that you will influence their behavior? Just, go be a jedi straight away since they know everything already.

You don't need to have a Master to pass your Jedi trials. Trainees can do this on their own if they are unable to be mentored.

Your thoughts?

How the break-up will go:

My Toon: Hi there. I see your dad standing right next to you here, but hey, you're kinda cute.

Nadia: Oh, well thank you!

[A lot of time Later...]

Sheriff: We have a report that you've been dating a Miss Nadia Grell. Step out of the landspeeder nice and slow.

My Toon: But but but I swear, officer, I thought she was legal!

You don't need to have a Master to pass your Jedi trials. Trainees can do this on their own if they are unable to be mentored.

Well, then surely that would have been a good choice for my Nadia. She was a much better jedi than me :o

How the break-up will go:

My Toon: Hi there. I see your dad standing right next to you here, but hey, you're kinda cute.

Nadia: Oh, well thank you!

[A lot of time Later...]

Sheriff: We have a report that you've been dating a Miss Nadia Grell. Step out of the landspeeder nice and slow.

My Toon: But but but I swear, officer, I thought she was legal!

LMAO, that made my day. You sir, won the internet.

There should be consequences for your behavior. If you want to play a total edgelord, that's fine, but just know that someone like Nadia likely won't stick around.

I will say, it would be nice if that worked both ways. If you were playing a total Paragon of Righteousness then someone like Kaliyo or Risha - or maybe even Kira - would find you dull and boring and not want to be with you romantically.

I've been thinking about what you said some more and I think this is a really nice way of explaining why she never went along with my schemes. After all, you don't have to have encyclopedic knowledge of the jedi order to understand the difference between being a good person and being a horrible one.

I'm just so used to playing a certain way (almost all dark or almost all light) I forget how to play a character that is neutral, wavers, has doubts or is imperfect. And that kind of character is interesting to play too. I'm not very good at it in this game because I'm always focused on pushing the meter along.

Well, I've got some things to think about for whatever I play through next. Someone that will evolve throughout the story instead of being predetermined from the start.

Edited by grania

Fully agreed.

Take Kira as an example, someone who was born to Sith parents but fled from Korriban to avoid becoming one. Having the player character then force her to pivot to the dark side and support the empire post-KoTET would be having her character act out of character for the sake of giving the player character a force user companion who won't disagree with them. Likewise Scourge shouldn't be able to be redeemed and converted into a Jedi for similar reasons.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

With you guys on the characters staying true to themselves. Nadia and Kira in particular form a much closer bond than alot of the other romance force users. This I think would make it less likely for them to pull an Elara I dont know you anymore because you made one bad choice and run away moment. Kira and Nadia both seem to be willing to overlook rules and other stuff that would shun or discourage their relationships so I think as long as player stayed dedicated and didnt form another romance I dont see them rejecting them. Edited by Sindeon

Your thoughts?

The ability to manipulate a late teen girl with a naive sheltered existence and an innocence about her with an almost abusive boyfriend looking like he is grooming her and isolating her for his own ends. If that is what floats your boat with Nadia..

personally i'm hoping Nadia would kick your male JC's *** on the curb and let the JC beg for forgiveness, but ironically that form of justice would be the type of thing a Sith would do. Shame though, it would be nice to see young Nadia grow a bit in mental fortitude so she isn't an easy mark anymore.

This does raise an important point. Nadia is one of the most LS characters in the entire game, it doesn't really make sense that she'd want to be with a hardcore darkside Consular. And if Dorne is willing to quit over the Outlander bombing hundreds of civilians, it would hardly be out of character for Nadia to do the same over that or something similar.

It's a tricky line to walk because I agree that companions shouldn't be empty vessels for the player's desires, but you have to strike a balance between letting characters have their own moral code and not being overly restricting players. And lots of companion characters have tolerated or even liked some actions that were outside of their general alignment in the past.

I will say, it would be nice if that worked both ways. If you were playing a total Paragon of Righteousness then someone like Kaliyo or Risha - or maybe even Kira - would find you dull and boring and not want to be with you romantically.

Those aren't really equivalent situations, though. Being horrified at the murder of hundreds of innocents, wouldn't really provoke anything like the same level of reaction as being "bored" by good deeds.

Plus Kira isn't even a good example of that because she is someone who always wants to help people. She even seems to accept the merits of the Jedi principle that violence is a last resort, even if she doesn't always follow that principle herself. I really don't think she's someone who'd be uninterested in a partner who was a paragon of virtue.

Even really dark characters like Kaliyo or Khem Val or DS Jaesa don't usually seem to muster up too much objection to the Player Character sparing specific individuals, perhaps because they are more or less guaranteed to have the chance to kill other people later on.