Where do I learn speeder riding?

bridgesro

You get the speeder training from your class trainer at level 25.

Later on when you get your legacy around level 32 at the end of chapter 1 and reach legacy level 5, you'll be able to get speeder training at level 10 in character perks tab.

I find it annoying they neglect to mention you must be independently wealthy to afford to learn the skill.

Or rather, I find it annoying that game designers think they are making their games more fun by forcing us to plod along at this tediously slow "sprint" then dangle a speed increase ability that you have to wait until you've leveled through half the levels in the game to get, PLUS price it absurdly high.

Edited by Seedyman

I find it annoying they neglect to mention you must be independently wealthy to afford to learn the skill.

Or rather, I find it annoying that game designers think they are making their games more fun by forcing us to plod along at this tediously slow "sprint" then dangle a speed increase ability that you have to wait until you've leveled through half the levels in the game to get, PLUS price it absurdly high.

35k credits for skill (used to be 40k) and 8k for speeder at level 25 isn't much, you should have about 45-55k credits (maybe more) if you haven't spent it all on gear on GTN or something else.

35k credits for skill (used to be 40k) and 8k for speeder at level 25 isn't much, you should have about 45-55k credits (maybe more) if you haven't spent it all on gear on GTN or something else.

A good theory, but in practice, turns out that everything is pretty expensive. Merely dabbling in a crafting profession is enough to drain one's coffers at this level.

A good theory, but in practice, turns out that everything is pretty expensive. Merely dabbling in a crafting profession is enough to drain one's coffers at this level.

and once you hit 50 you will be rolling in cash, the 35k will look like a drop in the bucket. if you dont waste money on crew skills when you hit 23/24 you should have enough from quests to be able to afford the skill

and once you hit 50 you will be rolling in cash, the 35k will look like a drop in the bucket. if you dont waste money on crew skills when you hit 23/24 you should have enough from quests to be able to afford the skill

If one knows in advance not to spend ones money on anything it's probably fine, but that's kind of my complaint. Why do devs think that annoying their customers or boring them with pointless long slow trips is the right way to encourage them to stay.

If one knows in advance not to spend ones money on anything it's probably fine, but that's kind of my complaint. Why do devs think that annoying their customers or boring them with pointless long slow trips is the right way to encourage them to stay.

Because a once successful game charged you 100 gold to mount up at level 40 ( instead of 25 ) which was a huge chore to obtain and you had no idea it was even possible if you were a newbie because nothing indicated that at level 40 you could go to a separate trainer to obtain training and then further to another merchant to buy that mount.

That game went on to subscribe something like 200 million players.

The point I'm trying to make here is that you are drawing a line arbitrarily. What makes you think 35k credits are too much? My first character in the game had approximately 65k credits without slicing at 25, which I think is reasonable. A fresh newbie might not know to sell all grey items and useless trash items to make sure they have enough money, but it wouldn't take them that long to recover and they'd learn for their next character... a standard rite of passage in any MMO for brand new players.

Edited by DotFreelance

If everything was given to you on a silver plate the game would be no fun.

Yes, you do need to purchase the skill at 25, there is no way around that,,

It's not actually 'required' to get it at 25 you can get it at 26 or later to but yes would be handy to have sooner. You should got a notice via the little tutorial pop up around level 20 to start saving, though granted they really should add to that how much you need to save for lol. I ended up asking a friend my first time through. 35 credits is possible at 25 but can be difficult. Grinding/killing mobs, sell off the trash, do a few quests. try out the pvp que even if your not really into pvp much you can get a decent amount of credits running through doing the daily. Granted some people can be complete arses if your new to pvp or not good at it though :/

Also something I did as a crafter I really only bought the schemetics I needed for myself and companions while saving up. Can always go back and buy the rest later. and a tip I learned later on. You can get some of the craft components you buy from crew skills trader a lot cheeper via your complementary 'gathering crew missions' just make sure pick the right one. Takes a little longer to get it that way but saves you some credits to.

But yeh level 25 you should be able to learn it from your class trainer.

Edited by OdanBaruq

Yes, you do need to purchase the skill at 25, there is no way around that,,

That wasn't the issue, the issue is the surprise 35k credits you need while you are doing missions that give rewards in the hundred of credits range.

My original reply to you was about your statement that implied that in buying the edition that came with the speeder you automatically can use it at 25.

I didnt start having problems getting or keeping credits until after I got the speeder license(level 25). Yes as you get higher in level the credits needed for skills goes up. But if you dont screw up your crew skills like I did with my main then creds shouldnt be much of a problem. All of my characters except my main are having no problems getting and maintaining the credits needed for everything.

That wasn't the issue, the issue is the surprise 35k credits you need while you are doing missions that give rewards in the hundred of credits range.

My original reply to you was about your statement that implied that in buying the edition that came with the speeder you automatically can use it at 25.

Actually the game warns you at lvl 20 that you need to save up the credits you need to buy the Speeder license at lvl 25. All of my characters that reached lvl 15 or 20 got the warning. So in reality BioWare is not surprising you with the 35k speeder license price tag. If you have any alternate characters that are low level keep an eye out for it mine get the warning all the time.

Actually the game warns you at lvl 20 that you need to save up the credits you need to buy the Speeder license at lvl 25. All of my characters that reached lvl 15 or 20 got the warning. So in reality BioWare is not surprising you with the 35k speeder license price tag. If you have any alternate characters that are low level keep an eye out for it mine get the warning all the time.

Hmm, doesn't sound familiar, warns you how?

Lol. I had forgotten about that one. Anyway, yes. You get a tutorial telling you that you can purchase speeder training at 25 and that you should start saving up some money.

Not only that, but you can look at untrainable skills and their upcoming costs at your trainer by choosing "Show All" at any time. Correct?

Edited by Ooogy
Removing unnecc quotes

• 1 year later...
If you got the Digital Deluxe or CE then you should already have a speeder you can use at level 25

strange that you would say that and on the side it also say's that you get a speeder but all i got was some item to boost the speed of the speeder but i didn't get a speeder at all unless it get's stored at a place that i don't know about, anyway it was not in the mailbox with the other stuff

strange that you would say that and on the side it also say's that you get a speeder but all i got was some item to boost the speed of the speeder but i didn't get a speeder at all unless it get's stored at a place that i don't know about, anyway it was not in the mailbox with the other stuff

You've resurrected a pretty old thread, here.

Did you purchase the Digital Deluxe edition? Or the Collectors Edition? You should get a Longspur STAP Speeder in the mail for each new toon created.

Edited by Khevar