Bracket Changes, and What's Next

ChrisSchmidt

i could care less about the discord whining. I really don't care if he hangs out there or who he talks to in there.

but I'd like to have him play a night and get flagged over and over just to see how positive and community-building he thinks it is.

Don’t disagree with you. Just pointing out that we know he doesn’t read the forums himself and if you really want him to answer the question, discord’s probably the only way you’ll likely get an answer

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we know he doesn’t read the forums himself

Do we know for certain that ^ is true?

And if so, how?

cuz i mean, why would he (or any BioWare dev) POST on the forums but then never bother to read the very thread they posted in?

Makes no sense to me.

Edited by Nee-Elder
gosh i sure hope 'KappaChris' reads THESE official SWTOR forums ...and not just that "community" discord

And if so, how?

cuz i mean, why would he (or any BioWare dev) POST on the forums but then never bother to read the very thread they posted in?

Makes no sense to me.

Simply put, for us the forums are a place for discourse and argument comprised of reciprocal debate. For the devs, the forums are a place for news and proclamations (with the occasional pandering “we hear you” post). Our reaction to those things is irrelevant.

And if so, how?

Makes no sense to me.

It’s best guess that he doesn’t because he still asks questions on discord that have already been answered in depth by players on the forums (that usually cover months and months of forum feed back). Questions that have had 10’s of threads and 100’s posts made about them by players to give Bioware feed back.

If he actually read the forums feed back himself and didn’t have a team picking what to give him, then he would already have most of the answers for the questions he poses on discord because the questions have already been considered by the players and posted here on the forums.

Discord is probably the worst place to ask such questions because the format is not conducive to give an in-depth response thats thought out properly. But he still asks questions there instead of here on the official channel. Which is why it would appear he doesn’t bother to read the forums himself.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

It’s best guess that he doesn’t because he still asks questions on discord that have already been answered in depth by players on the forums (that usually cover months and months of forum feed back). Questions that have had 10’s of threads and 100’s posts made about them by players to give Bioware feed back.

If he actually read the forums feed back himself and didn’t have a team picking what to give him, then he would already have most of the answers for the questions he poses on discord because the questions have already been considered by the players and posted here on the forums.

Discord is probably the worst place to ask such questions because the format is not conducive to give an in-depth response thats thought out properly. But he still asks questions there instead of here on the official channel. Which is why it would appear he doesn’t bother to read the forums himself.

Words cannot describe how utterly disappointing that ^ is to hear.

Well,, i have other words i could use, but i'm not in the mood to get banned from these forums.

Anyways, thx for the reply & intel.

clearly you don't , because this was/is a bad idea even on paper, low/mid was already horribly unbalance before this change.

Yeah, if they understood they would never have done it or if they discovered it after the fact, then they should be reversing the change in an upcoming patch. Which hasn’t been announced, so we know they aren’t going to change it or admit it was a mistake.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

just get to 75 then pvp. you dont have to do lowbie pvp in order to play the game. in fact, lowbie pvp always has been garbage.

Nah lowbies back in the day were awesome. The level cap increases just made the brackets worse. Also doesn't help that the galactic command followed by the removal of pvp gear/warzone comms basically just killed the lowbie population.

Nah lowbies back in the day were awesome. The level cap increases just made the brackets worse. Also doesn't help that the galactic command followed by the removal of pvp gear/warzone comms basically just killed the lowbie population.

This correct.

before the bracket squish wasn't bad. but it's never been as balanced as warzones at max level.

nah lowbies back in the day were awesome. The level cap increases just made the brackets worse. Also doesn't help that the galactic command followed by the removal of pvp gear/warzone comms basically just killed the lowbie population.

hear hear!!

before the bracket squish wasn't bad. but it's never been as balanced as warzones at max level.

True, but the old school bracket was like 10-29 or something like that and then 30-49 and its slightly increased with each level cap. Personally I'd like to see the game go back down to level 50. I was hoping FFXIV would do a level squish as well for the next expansion, but alas they are only doing a stat squish.

just get to 75 then pvp. you dont have to do lowbie pvp in order to play the game. in fact, lowbie pvp always has been garbage.

lvl 75 pvp is boring and ranked is toxic and unforgiving. There is a reason why I ask for lowbie pvp back, cause it was always chill and fun experience for me. My favorite aspect about this game. (not including story)

New bracket changes are garbage. My sub is about to expire, not subbing again till lowbie is back or some expansion.

Edited by De-Rodales

• 2 weeks later...

You guys at BW have no clue how your own game works.

But what to expect from a bunch of people that think your players are on social media and not on the forums, but thanks for showing how brain dead you guys at BW are

tried to pvp on a 14-16 concentration sent last night. utterly unplayable. 3 arenas. no escapes. no movement buffs. no ranged abilities except leap that requires range and ability to use it (ONCE) entirely dependent on rng of whether my ping is better than the ping of the 70 jugg, 61 guardian, and 45 sent that are also leaping to me! no cc. so while i get stunned and stabbed, I have no way of even creating space. just utterly unplayable.

one vandin. no range. PT just keeps me cc'd and at 10m and laughs. melee just hard stuns and laughs. no movement buffs. can't carry ball. can't keep in range to dps ball carrier (or anything else). i don't know. perhaps you should try throwing 70s into the 75 bracket and buffing them with bolster?

bbl. maybe around 45 or so.

edit: I think ossus gear starts at 70? abilities wise, the only difference between 75 and 70 is 1 new ability and 1 last skill point...and a tactical. it could just be me and my sore arse hole from last night, but wouldn't it make A LOT MORE SENSE to group 70s? they get their set bonuses. I don't see how buffing a 70's base dmg/mit to be better than a 75's as compensation for THREE missing "perks" is worse than throwing a 15 into a match with 60s and 70s with drastically more abilities.

fyi: it's not so much about the dmg or skill tree abilities synergizing your attacks. stronger base dps and mit can roughly compensate for that. but the escapes and CCs are absolutely vital.

Edited by CheesyEZ

So I have a question here. I read the Theorycrafter discord, and you personally said this

"With as much wintrading and throwing going on in SR and GR, I would rather not give that choice to players as a means to get things like CC's with real value." That conversation was about including Solo Ranked in Galactic Seasons.

Also about the bans, you mentioned this:

"I couldn't tell you. I am not on the Terms of Service team, nor the Customer Experience team. I don't have access to player accounts, nor do I want that sort of access. I'm on the development side. While I have a vested interest in protecting the player experience in-game, for things like cheating that means making sure reporting mechanisms are functioning, the right people are getting the right info, and we're doing whatever we can game-side to detect and report automatically. I don't do investigations nor enforcement, nor do I want to. There is a separation between teams to protect both sides. Make sense?"

The thing here is, Mike Bradley had a super good feedback from Pvpers in order to report cheating and wintrading about his monthly reports. Somehow, he did have impact on the Customer Service decisions. I can say that everything is becoming worse, is not improving at all. You guys mentioned things like "Healthy Competition" "Positive Community" "We made great progress here". A game that is encorauging cheating and wintrading sounds like healthy to you? At this point, if you guys have no impact on customer service at all, why keeping ranked then the way it is? ... Like seriously, I feel like I am playing a different game that the one you describe here.

"What's next" should include "reworking the dailies and weeklies to not require wins."

The system should work like this:

You get credit for completing the match.

You should get credit for getting a certain number of medals. This will vary by class and match type because of self-heals and off-taunts in the various skill and utility trees (ex. self-healing sniper roll), and even set bonuses.

You should get credit for winning the match, which almost certainly means you got all the medals.

For bonus points, if the matchmaker thinks it can't make a fair match without breaking up a premade, it should break up the premade.

"What's next" should include "reworking the dailies and weeklies to not require wins."

The system should work like this:

You get credit for completing the match.

You should get credit for getting a certain number of medals. This will vary by class and match type because of self-heals and off-taunts in the various skill and utility trees (ex. self-healing sniper roll), and even set bonuses.

You should get credit for winning the match, which almost certainly means you got all the medals.

For bonus points, if the matchmaker thinks it can't make a fair match without breaking up a premade, it should break up the premade.

I have a better idea. Up the win count to what the original 1.0 daily was which was 3 wins and increase the rewards it gives out.

Increase rewards overal for daily and weekly pvp questl, have pvp gear come back which is purchasable via pvp comms. Allow low-level players to earn pvp comms, add in gear that low-level players can purchase for pvp. End the gambling RNG boxes for gear. Edited by Ibokagain

With solo ranked back online again and Galactic Seasons pushing PvE players into reg WZ queue, the quality of play in WZs has never been so bad. I topped damage on my team 4/6 matches and was 2nd and 3rd in the other two last night. I was on a fresh IO merc in 274 gear, no augs, and no tactical. Bolster isn't very "smart," and my only goal with gearing was to wear max ilvl until I reach 306. That meant I wasn't paying attention to accuracy, alacrity, or crit, all of which were wonky. One of the two matches I lost was an original HB in the pit where Jurricane just rolls, teleports, and dsyncs his way across the map with no need for anyone else on the team for help (didn't work so well in the next Vandin! but I digress). Not sure I should even count that one.

My point is this: regs were never great competition (not since before arenas were created), but they are absolute garbage now. Pure garbage. I was winning 1v3's. I felt like an anni mara in 1.0. I went 1v6 in a AHG mid while the rest of my team apparently required 6 players to kill the 2 that went to "our" pylon (oops! I digress again). The point: I cycled reactive shield THREE TIMES before I finally died. 1v6! (2 arrived late, prolly finally died at our pylon?)

Edited by CheesyEZ