Thermonuclear Fusion Complete Change idea

NOFORKNKNIFE

Arsenal Mercenaries will receive a new Tactical to replace Thermonuclear Fusion

Unstable Fusion - Activating Supercharged Gas / Cell accelerates heat out from you, dealing elemental damage to up to 8 enemies within 8 meters and applying Heat Signature to them. Targets with Heat Signature are vulnerable to Rail Shot / High Impact Bolt and take additional damage from Heatseeker Missiles / Demolition Round.

There is Literally No need for an AOE Tactical for a Arsenal merc in Meta and they are struggling in DPS, Just give them a better tactical that is skill dependant

Hot armaments - When using Blazing Bolts You are granted Hot Armaments gaining 4% Critical Chance & 12% Critical Multiplier per Damage Tick (This effect is doubled on Gunnery due to it hitting half as many damage ticks (Totaling 32% Critical Chance/96% Critical Multiplier for both)) This Effect is removed 2s after Blazing Bolts ends or when you do damage with another ability. Blazing Bolts vents no heat when using this tactical

Edited by NOFORKNKNIFE

+32% crit chance + 92% crit damage to the next ability is far too insane. When used with Concentrated Fire, you could set up Rail Shot autocrits that hit for 156k, which is about double what all of the hardest-hitting attacks ever hit for and not at all balanced in PvP. People complained about Firefall a lot in 6.0 because it did too much damage in a single hit. This would also have additional synergies with AoE with Thermonuclear Fusion and Triple Trace.

P.S. As I understand it, dual wield specs still deal the vast majority of their damage from the mainhand and then deal a tiny portion of the damage with the offhand, so I don't think you have to break up the crit chance like that and you can structure it around the attack itself.

Firefall was an AOE that did up to 60% (150k during a time of 290k health) of the health pool of up to 8 players that was elemental damage, that's why people complained. Even then the autocrit for rail shot which is white damage would be around 140k. Depending on the armour level and DR on target. I don't think its unbalanced for pvp it's so easily ruined, with interrupts, stuns and LoS.

If you were worried about frequency you could put a soft cap on it to make it apply once every 2 blazing bolts or more. Not to mention I purposefully made it 2s as its not a holdable buff unlike sniper roll ambush. Its obvious that at the end of blazing bolts something will hit hard and blazing bolts is a well telegraphed ability same with the mando variant of boltstorm.

I personally am an advocate for burst to return. Also with the current state of mercenary them having something in pvp that makes them standout would be handy. Not to mention railshot can miss and requires a proc to use and it would be well telegraphed, also its a tactical that is damaging to the resource management of the class.

Also takes a fair amount of skill to use comparative to Primed Ignition. Which is seriously lacking in the game as of current patch.

The white damage part is irrelevant because Rail Shot completely ignores armor during Supercharged Gas (it gets 85% from passives + 15% from Gas). 140k isn't too far off of 50% HP now. I do agree that skilled players could see it coming and it is skill-dependent with the proc to Rail Shot, Blazing Bolts, and Supercharged Gas.

The frequency isn't too problematic since the cooldowns on Rail Shot / Supercharged Gas are super long too about twice as long as most burst, the problem really just comes from it dealing such an insane amount of damage in an instant without any direct telegraphs on the receiving player. Carnage makes you wait in between GCDs, Concealment has Volatile Substance, Lightning has the castbar and survivability tradeoff. Heat Signature is not enough and Blazing Bolts doesn't necessarily need to be used on the target with your implementation (would be better if it were structured as a debuff).

Players already struggle with recognizing burst too. Part of this is BioWare's fault. They need to revisit animations and how burst is portrayed to the player. For example, Halted Offensive and Thundering Blast should have far larger animations that look like they're building something. Arsenal needs lots of little things like blinking lights building on their gauntlet that go away when the ability is fired. In contrast, Ambush and Cull do a great job with the crosshairs.

At the end of the day, with Rail Shot, I just see a lot of complaining about people who got murdered out of nowhere from half health.

I don't believe that armour is the only factor in making rail shot miss but I understand your point and do see what you mean however I really think they've already walked this route with snipers. Roll ambush is similar but alot less skill dependant.

I really don't think 140k in a 370k health pool is too threatening, I do see your point but I do think that if they made the buff for the stacks unique and easy to see on target it would be okay.

But yeah I see what you mean, there were reasons I avoided making it a debuff. I really feel that it can be punished so much if they don't take blazing bolts on the move and now with the mod making blazing bolts on the move more contested

You're right that Rail Shot could still be dodged and I guess if you stunned or interrupted the player during Blazing Bolts you could prevent it. I agree that having it be a debuff would be more obnoxious, especially for PvE, but there just has to be more of a warning to the player than seeing Blazing Bolts somewhere in the immediate vicinity.

Ambush + the roll tactical should still only max out at 90-100k though, right? And that doesn't offer a sustained DPS increase either because you do have to give up a GCD. That said, you aren't given much warning with that either unless the player hits you with Pen Shot and Corrosive Dart first to get the damage boosts.

I think it might be enough to just tweak the Priming Shot tactical to also make Priming Shot autocrit at 4 stacks. That way, you wouldn't have to worry about having such a ridiculous hit (I think it would be more like Ambush damage) since it wouldn't benefit from Concentrated Fire and everything else that's special about Rail Shot.

Personally I think that it'll be telegraphed enough but I suppose players awareness varies drastically. Also I think the burning bright tactical is Just bad, the tweak necessary would be drastic. Its so easy to take primed ignition cause the damage is guaranteed and internal.

Think it needs a burst option that is around a real skill based mechanic and rewarding good players and also giving them hard to manage heat.

It's all speculation though, doubt any of the ideas people work hard thinking about even warrant half a look from the staff tbh.