Where do Defense Guardians/Immortal Juggs stand in 7.0 PvP?

Loadsamonie

Of the available tank classes, how do Immortal Juggs hold up in 7.0 Warzones these days?

Is full tank gear viable in 7.0 or is a mix of tank and DPS gear still preferred? Because I figured if I'm going for gear in Warzones/heroic quests, it's either going to be full Tank, or half Tank and half DPS, using Shield Matrix/Avoidance Relics and Tank Implants with a shield mainhand/offhand and the Grit Teeth Tactical, and then going DPS for the armor.

Or possibly even DPS Relics for the Endurance and the damage procs, namely Serendipitous Assault and Focused Retribution.

Edited by Loadsamonie

Of the available tank classes, how do Immortal Juggs hold up in 7.0 Warzones these days?

Is full tank gear viable in 7.0 or is a mix of tank and DPS gear still preferred? Because I figured if I'm going for gear in Warzones/heroic quests, it's either going to be full Tank, or half Tank and half DPS, using Shield Matrix/Avoidance Relics and Tank Implants with a shield mainhand/offhand and the Grit Teeth Tactical, and then going DPS for the armor.

Or possibly even DPS Relics for the Endurance and the damage procs, namely Serendipitous Assault and Focused Retribution.

For regs you can play whatever you want, but mitigation gear is not good for tanks

For regs you can play whatever you want, but mitigation gear is not good for tanks

So what should I go for in Warzones then? Tank weapon/shield/implants/ear and DPS armor/relics?

DPS relics have Endurance, I want that more than Mastery.

Edited by Loadsamonie

So what should I go for in Warzones then? Tank weapon/shield/implants/ear and DPS armor/relics?

DPS relics have Endurance, I want that more than Mastery.

You play like you are a DPS just with a shield instead of a focus. And without accuracy of course.

Just my 2cents here, but Skank Tank is the way to go: all DPS gears without any accuracy, stack Crit/Mastery <= think you use a Sorc healer armors/weapons to achieve this because 7.0 so far only has static, no moddable gears. In 6.0, I use tanks armoring to get more endurance, here in 7.0 it is not possible to do so. Personally, Defense/Immortal still hits hard because there are passives that boost your damage if you taunt.

The downside is Bioware kjnda wrecked this spec with Grit Teeth nerf haha, so Saber Ward is the one that gets the CD reduction while being attacked. Still, you can be a very annoying bastard because of a lot of CC. Defensively, just be very attentive because Enraged Defense does not come off CD as often as before.

Just my 2cents here, but Skank Tank is the way to go: all DPS gears without any accuracy, stack Crit/Mastery <= think you use a Sorc healer armors/weapons to achieve this because 7.0 so far only has static, no moddable gears. In 6.0, I use tanks armoring to get more endurance, here in 7.0 it is not possible to do so. Personally, Defense/Immortal still hits hard because there are passives that boost your damage if you taunt.

The downside is Bioware kjnda wrecked this spec with Grit Teeth nerf haha, so Saber Ward is the one that gets the CD reduction while being attacked. Still, you can be a very annoying bastard because of a lot of CC. Defensively, just be very attentive because Enraged Defense does not come off CD as often as before.

Fair enough, but how much DPS gear vs Tank gear is the correct balance?

My thought was Tank Weapon/Shield, Tank Implants/Earpiece (for the Legendary set) and an appropriate Tactical, and then all DPS armor and DPS Relics.

Opting for DPS Relics because they have Endurance on them, which is still the priority stat for me, and better procs/clickies.

Edited by Loadsamonie

Fair enough, but how much DPS gear vs Tank gear is the correct balance?

My thought was Tank Weapon/Shield, Tank Implants/Earpiece (for the Legendary set) and an appropriate Tactical, and then all DPS armor and DPS Relics.

Opting for DPS Relics because they have Endurance on them, which is still the priority stat for me, and better procs/clickies.

I'd take one dps implant at least. Fearless Victor is much better than any tank bonus you can get. Probably combine it with the one which gives 3% DR for some extra survivability. (Not a big fan of retaliator implant tbh).

I'd take one dps implant at least. Fearless Victor is much better than any tank bonus you can get. Probably combine it with the one which gives 3% DR for some extra survivability. (Not a big fan of retaliator implant tbh).

So maybe Fearless Victor and Force Resistance?

Am I really going just one Implant and the Shield for Tank stats, and EVERYTHING else DPS? That's very, very little in the way of Tank stats if I want to do Flashpoints with the same gear.

I would've thought at least 4 or 5 pieces of Tank stuff to have sufficient Defense and balance out Shield/Absorb. Are the Tank Relics Avoidance/Shield Matrix (or Reactive Warding) worth taking over DPS Relics Serendipitous Assault and Focused Retribution?

Edited by Loadsamonie

That's very, very little in the way of Tank stats if I want to do Flashpoints with the same gear.

That's where you're going off course. PVE and PVP have completely different meta's and trying to play them both with the same build/gear is a recipe for perfrming poorly in one or both of them

That's where you're going off course. PVE and PVP have completely different meta's and trying to play them both with the same build/gear is a recipe for perfrming poorly in one or both of them

I don't generally do Flashpoints or Operations, almost all of my time is split between Unranked Warzones and GSF, using the queue waiting time to do planetary heroics and space missions. So a mix of DPS and Tank gear would be more than sufficient for all of that.

Ideally I'd like to build a set of gear for all four specs: Defense, Vigilance, Telekinetics, and Seer, with the appropriate augments for each.

But I still want to be using SOME Tank gear in Warzones, not forego ALL of it. If part of my job is going to be babysitting/defending nodes and not just guarding our healer, then I need some degree of survivability against being focused when I'm the only one defending a turret on Alderaan or Denova.

Shield offhand and Force Resistance Implant at the bare minimum that I want, but preferably 4 or 5 items for Tanking, and the rest DPS. So I'm thinking Weapon, Shield, one Implant and the Earpiece, and then everything else goes DPS, including the Relics (prefer the clickies that give Power and Mastery).

Edited by Loadsamonie