How do I always land on the losing PVP team?

creeklar

How does the game determine which team I will be on when I Que solo for PVP? I seem to always hit the losing side... If it is because of premades, I think bioware should make a PVP arena which is totally made up of solo ques. After the way high end players have already exploited the game for easy Valor and PVP gear it is way unfun to PVP their premades. Take away premade.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does the game determine which team I will be on when I Que solo for PVP? I seem to always hit the losing side... If it is because of premades, I think bioware should make a PVP arena which is totally made up of solo ques. After the way high end players have already exploited the game for easy Valor and PVP gear it is way unfun to PVP their premades. Take away premade.

Murphys Law

The other Team is allways winning

its like when your not on the weekly you win 9 out of 10 warzones

when your doing the weekly you will loose 9 out of 10 ...

Do like I do and write down the wins and losses per warzone, you will find that huttbal is pretty much 50%.

As for The Voidzone and Alderaan our server is actually losing a lot to the reps recently, probably because most of them are geared, wheras most our geared players are doing premades in huttball.

Edited by DaniWes

An insightful and extremely helpful post. Please post more

yes because OPs post was very insightful and in no way ancedotal or his teams just being worse than the other team. considering there are no pre mades in WZ as 50% of the team will be randoms.

Edited by OsirisZoran

level 50 pvp only has people stupid enough to waste time on it and full premades, there's not enough 50s to have a constant pug vs pug going so you pretty much have the no life exploiters constantly queing up against random pugers

the real pvpers stayed in 1-49 pvp and its a blast

Edited by Bejita

i know how u feel , after a good 2 hrs of playing i ended up with 2 wins & few loses, not to bad i suppose , being on 2/3 for my daily & 8/9 for my weekly i keep on playing. Over the next 4 hours i had a losing streak of 8, to finally win one after that and guess what.... after the victory my daily/weekly bug out and remain on 2/3 & 8/9 , i then played a lil bit more to eventually after 4 more loses finally complete my quests.

the joke is that i can't personally carry these games due to only being max lvl for a small time. However even with lacking gear i still end up top 3 in almost all my warzones.

it feels like theres so many people with full gear that just have no idea what they are doing and cannot pull the most out of there class & it rly frustrates me.

i even had a game of huttball where in the first 30 seconds of the game i managed to score , my intire team staying back not helping me apart from 1 guy , so that means almost our intire team was between our base and the ball spawnpoint. After i had scored it took the enemy a whole 15 seconds to score with my team doing absolutely nothing , me being at the opponents side there was no way i could obviously get back in time. HOW BAD CAN A TEAM GET!?

not to mention after a 7 losing streak you enter a warzone thats 0-3 behind and with not enough players on your side that just makes me ragequit so hard ^..^

I almost always queue solo.

I have I think around 70%-80% win rate, which is way higher than I would expect. I am usually (if not always) top on damage and I always pay attention to objectives and report incoming early.

If you are ALWAYS (90%+) on the losing side, you are BOTH:

a) unlucky to a statistically unlikely degree

b) part of the problem

Lots of people suffer from the notion that it's "others" who are the problem, when really they themselves are the weak point in the team.

This might be for example if you are standing near an objective (for example the voidstar doors or the alderaan towers) the rest of your team assumes you are watching it, but you aren't paying attention and it gets ninjaed. That was YOUR fault then.

Look at how to improve yourself.

As long as you get in there and use the provided metrics (healing done, damage done, protection done, objectives medals) to evaluate and improve your own performance, and make sure you always pay attention to objectives and report incs early, you will at least know it wasn't you that was the problem on the losing team.

If your damage/healing/protection/medals was low, and if objectives got ninjaed on your watch, then the reason you're losing 90%+ of your warzones is you.

Edited by Redmarx

• 3 years later...

Solo always loses, Premade always wins. Very easily.:D

Well, I have to laugh because my first reaction to your post is to say maybe it's you?

But seriously though, some context would be nice if there is something specific you are referring to.

In ranked arenas there is a wonky balancing that can occur in ranked arenas and it's totally by design. A group of players with high ratings could theoretically be put against a team of lesser rated players simply because there was nobody else in queue. The game does not divide the high rated players evenly across both teams, so you will have one sided matches in most cases.

Not to mention, sometimes PVP can be decided by just random group compositions. Sometimes it really is just rock vs paper vs scissor and nothing you do can change the outcome of the game. If one side has all the healers and your team has none then it's going to be an uphill climb no matter how you spin it.

After every loss, I reflect personally on what I should've done to succeed and sometimes I can be better, but other times I have to chalk it up to just bad RNG or bad players.

Do like I do and write down the wins and losses per warzone, you will find that huttbal is pretty much 50%.

I did this a couple weeks ago, level 65 regs on Harby, when all the "why do pubs always lose?" and "pub sucks on Harb" posts were on the first page. I was curious, so I kept track of win/loss for a week. Even with a 12-game loss streak on one Friday night where I got really stubborn and just kept queuing when the imp side was full of organized "should probably be in ranked" teams, the outcome was still basically 50/50. I think 47% win, and 53% loss.

I think people tend to remember the losses more. After all, wins they deserve, because they played awesome. Losses are because their team sucked. :D

[Oops, Necro! Damn. Funny how it seemed current though. Means everyone is still complaining about the same thing. :D ]

Edited by Banderal

Premades that have VOIP, and have pre selected the Op classes they need and are geared, win. Random pug groups that do not have the requisite Op classes, VOIP, and gear, lose.

no doubt its gonna be tough but I've won against premades in a random pug group. first it starts with getting the right attitude and drop the one like yours: premades always win. If you think you cant win you wont. Then indeed it takes teameffort and smart play but can be done. And yes, lots of hard work from everyone.

What annoys me the most is how you see people leave as soon as they think its a premade or even when they think we're losing. And you know what, just because you leave we are actually losing. Why not stay and help instead going "rampage like a crazy angry german kid". Look at the comments made in chat: it's premade so we lose, you guys suck etc. instead of actually trying to support the group and provide alternative thinking.

This I believe is kinda the problem now with the so called losing side (on my server the republic side). People think they join a pvp match to only win, but you know what... in order to win you first need to lose. So the question you ask yourself is "how come I always land on the losing side" but the better one would be: "how can I help in order to win more often". Even better would be "I win some and lose some but next one's going to be a win and i'm going to make sure of it", but this is probably to far of a stretch if you think that you're always losing.

An insightful and extremely helpful post. Please post more

you know...it is the first thing that comes to mind. seriously. if you're not around at least 50%, its's a "you" issue. there are extenuating circumstances such as faction imbalance. but really...."it's you" is a pretty obvious and logical answer.

lol - burned on the necro as well.

Edited by foxmob