BUG "Old" Content Unplayable.

CanuckMike

Appologies for a bit of a rant here:

I am a Returning player here and while I would really love to play this game I find myself so frustrated with the nonsensical Balance changes that have been made since my last time here. Story mode should be just that. . . about the story, not wiping dozens of times, ESPECIALLY if you have already completed the content on another character.

I am not sure what possible benefit there is to change "balance" to the point that old content is unplayable. I Started with KOFE and got to Gemini Capitan. . . not killable, and I mean not even close (got Capitan to 80%) . Ok . . no problem forums say get to 80 and try again, absolutely dumb answer but ok I am used to SWTOR. Lets try a different story. Go to Iokath, get to the droids. . . yep again unplayable and again not even CLOSE (70% on droids with stomp spam and buff . . )

So what the expectation is to endlessly repeat space missions to level to 80 to try again? CMON this game is better than this. The hands down best part of this game is the story so let players see it. . . a wipe here or there is fine, but completely blocking progress serves absolutely no purpose but to drive players away.

level to 80 and redo them is not the answer. . . returning players are NOT 80 and cannot get there when they cannot complete content.

Ok almost 100 views and no response. So either everyone agrees or has nothing to add. So disappointing to see how far this game has fallen. Subscription cancelled again. we will see how long it takes to get 7.02 out and if it actually makes any changes beyond window dressing.

Thank you for that, didn't realize how actually messed up this is.

TLDR on the dev post: we tried to make PVP more "fun" by fooling around with gear level and stats and were surprised when, like EVERY other game that did it, the result messed up just about everything else in the game. So we repackaged that pig of an idea, put some lipstick and new name on it knowing full well it completely destroyed old content cause you cant balance everything without reworking everything. As a result we sacrificed any content that is not current because it didn't matter to us and we had to prioritize what could be fixed first. We might get it fixed or not. . . we really have no idea but we will continue to ride the Star Wars name as long as we can.

The smart thing to do is to separate PVP and PVE. Once that PVP toggle is clicked, damage/healing abilities for abilities refer to a PVP Damage Table/Database for PVP content that would be totally distinct from the same table setup but only for PVE values.

It is impossible to balance the game for both PVE and PVP content because both are fundamentally opposed to each other. Time-to-kill in PVE is not supposed to be terribly lengthy except when facing a silver or gold enemy. If time-to-kill in PVP is too quick, PVP is broken.

The only sensible solution is to have an ability bifurcation between the two. This way, PVP and PVE can each be balanced on their own terms. Instead, the Devs constantly reinvent the wheel, instead of just taking the existing wheel and improving the current wheel--smooth it out more, reinforce the spokes, or do other things to this now tortured analogy.

The smart thing to do is to separate PVP and PVE. Once that PVP toggle is clicked, damage/healing abilities for abilities refer to a PVP Damage Table/Database for PVP content that would be totally distinct from the same table setup but only for PVE values.

It is impossible to balance the game for both PVE and PVP content because both are fundamentally opposed to each other. Time-to-kill in PVE is not supposed to be terribly lengthy except when facing a silver or gold enemy. If time-to-kill in PVP is too quick, PVP is broken.

The only sensible solution is to have an ability bifurcation between the two. This way, PVP and PVE can each be balanced on their own terms. Instead, the Devs constantly reinvent the wheel, instead of just taking the existing wheel and improving the current wheel--smooth it out more, reinforce the spokes, or do other things to this now tortured analogy.

People including me have said for years, Stick the pvp skill trees to the pvp toggle, that way the devs can play with nerfing and boosting the pvp trees to their hearts content and leave pve alone. Flag yourself, your pvp skill trees come up, unflag your pve skill trees. But nope, lets screw with everyone all the time. Why make it easy...