Do you hate premades? Feeling is mutual.

varietasplus

The problem with premades was, is, and will always be, that you guys belong in arena fights and that's it.

There is absolutely no matching in SWtoR and this is, why premades are terrible for the pvp experience. I just want to make my games for dailys and be done with it. But with premades flooding the battlegrounds it is just impossible to carry away just one win an evening. Today I played eleven matches and lost all because the other team had a premade.

The game needs to match premades against premades in arena fights, so you guys have more fun and we have at least the chance of fulfilling our dailys!

And don't even bother me with 'Learn to play!', 'Make your own premade!', or useless stuff like that.

The game needs honest matching!

Do you dislike premades? You are part of the reason premades exist.

I have been queueing solo and premade since release. For the first time, I decided not to queue solo at all. With each passing year, pugs have become more and more incompetent and ignorant of objectives. Not only do they lack the overall knowledge of classes let alone their main, but they also ignore objectives and ops chat in general. Since patch 7.0, whenever I queue solo, I only have one or two members from my team trying to win, everyone else is either camping (which only guarantees defeat) or farm mid.

At this point, playing warzones is nothing else but frustration unless I queue up with my guildies who know their classes and what to do and the 3 or 4 of us carry the brainless pugs. We always end up against another premade, which is absolutely fine, it is as it should be. So if we win the warzone carrying you, be thankful instead of posting neverending threads of how premades ruin warzone experience, for as it is now, pugs ruin the experience of each and every solo player trying to play objectives.

Don't waste your time posting: "I am entitled to play the game the way I want to". Your reasoning fails short of group content and sharing a common goal, let alone the reward system. If you wanna play selfish, you have plenty of solo stuff to choose from, not to mention you can dps the **** out of your training dummy.

To you, they are not the same, to those who do not play ranked, they are, and they matter. I should think thats obvious?

What else am i supposed to call good players in premades crashing regs and farming lesser players other than ruining it for those players? Why are those better players that claim to know so much about ranked, not playing ranked.

I know you to be a good player, i must admit im surprised to see you defending this.

"Premades crashing regs and farming lesser players" can also be described as friends grouping up and playing the game. I admit, I would probably get pretty bored of playing regs in a full tank/heal premade after a few matches, but I'm not sure how you can condemn people for just playing the game normally.

And no, I do not think that's analogous to someone queueing ranked woefully undergeared and unprepared, because Bioware designed ranked to be endgame pvp. Just as nim raiders are expected to know mechanics and have proper gear, so should ranked pvpers. But I do not think Bioware has ever made any statement regarding skilled premades not belonging in regs.

Also, right now it's preseason, and regs has been a reliable way to get gear.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Do you dislike premades? You are part of the reason premades exist.

I have been queueing solo and premade since release. For the first time, I decided not to queue solo at all. With each passing year, pugs have become more and more incompetent and ignorant of objectives. Not only do they lack the overall knowledge of classes let alone their main, but they also ignore objectives and ops chat in general. Since patch 7.0, whenever I queue solo, I only have one or two members from my team trying to win, everyone else is either camping (which only guarantees defeat) or farm mid.

At this point, playing warzones is nothing else but frustration unless I queue up with my guildies who know their classes and what to do and the 3 or 4 of us carry the brainless pugs. We always end up against another premade, which is absolutely fine, it is as it should be. So if we win the warzone carrying you, be thankful instead of posting neverending threads of how premades ruin warzone experience, for as it is now, pugs ruin the experience of each and every solo player trying to play objectives.

Don't waste your time posting: "I am entitled to play the game the way I want to". Your reasoning fails short of group content and sharing a common goal, let alone the reward system. If you wanna play selfish, you have plenty of solo stuff to choose from, not to mention you can dps the **** out of your training dummy.

Nothing worse than getting into a match with a bunch of damage farmers zerging all over the map, leaving objectives undefended and not even attempting to cap anything. For the life of me I can’t understand what they see as fun about that. They look like five year olds playing soccer, chasing one guy around for no reason. Why even que up if you are not going to try, all your doing is ruining the match for all the players on both sides.

Edited by Canuckswin

Nothing worse than getting into a match with a bunch of damage farmers zerging all over the map, leaving objectives I defended and not even attempting to cap anything. For the life of me I can’t understand what they see as fun about that. Why even que up if you are not going to try, all your doing is ruining the match for all the players on both sides.

It's a way for them to stroke their egos. Surprisingly, it works in some cases: Hypergate, Voidstars when both sides are draw. I dont mind premades; in fact, a perfectly coordinated game plan from a premade is nice. Premade damage farmers? It's a waste of my time to play with those clowns because what's the point, the main objective is not important but the main point is to see who has the highest DPS? If I want to stroke my egos in DPS, I queue Solo Ranked or do regs 4v4.

The existence of wintraders in ranked doesn't change the relative status of ranked to regs. Ranked is still the only game mode with stakes and actual competitiveness. I want wintraders banned as much as anyone, but they make up a small minority of the ranked playerbase.

Not to mention, there are people that queue regs and literally afk in a corner if they don't like the map, so it's not as if you can put regs on a pedestal lol

No one is putting regs on a pedestal, just asking for them to not be ruined.

Too much to ask i guess... party on.

"Premades crashing regs and farming lesser players" can also be described as friends grouping up and playing the game. I admit, I would probably get pretty bored of playing regs in a full tank/heal premade after a few matches, but I'm not sure how you can condemn people for just playing the game normally.

And no, I do not think that's analogous to someone queueing ranked woefully undergeared and unprepared, because Bioware designed ranked to be endgame pvp. Just as nim raiders are expected to know mechanics and have proper gear, so should ranked pvpers. But I do not think Bioware has ever made any statement regarding skilled premades not belonging in regs.

Also, right now it's preseason, and regs has been a reliable way to get gear.

Honestly im so very tired of this disingenuous answer... you really think thats what people are complaining about? Honestly?

No, its not, its the constant run of fullly max geared trinity teams on comms all running fotm specs doing everything possible to ruin the experience for others who arent as fortunate and either still trying to gear up or learn... but you know this, why you even bring up the other i dont get at all.

No one is putting regs on a pedestal, just asking for them to not be ruined.

Too much to ask i guess... party on.

People will play how they feel like it.

No matter how much you care to play to win, if most of the team just doesn't give a ****, it's probably one of the most frustrating experiences out there.

Honestly im so very tired of this disingenuous answer... you really think thats what people are complaining about? Honestly?

No, its not, its the constant run of fullly max geared trinity teams on comms all running fotm specs doing everything possible to ruin the experience for others who arent as fortunate and either still trying to gear up or learn... but you know this, why you even bring up the other i dont get at all.

So in your mind these premade groups are going into warzones chuckling to themselves about how they're going to ruin others' experiences? Where is your evidence for that? In most cases premade groups are playing with their friends trying to have fun. Their version of fun may not involve playing objectives, which is weird to me, but I don't think that qualifies as "ruining" anything.

Also, regs is not reserved for noobs...I'm pretty sure you're allowed to play them regardless of how good you are, how geared you are, or who you're grouped with. Obviously Bioware could improve matchmaking, but everything else you're complaining about is how regs has always been and how it will always be, by necessity.

People will play how they feel like it.

No matter how much you care to play to win, if most of the team just doesn't give a ****, it's probably one of the most frustrating experiences out there.

This is correct, and it's why I hardly play regs. But I also don't complain about it, because that's just how regs are.

• 2 weeks later...
Every time I que regs, I make it my mission to target anyone and everyone who complains of damage farming in regs. I'm not satisfied until i've done 69k DPS and dropped 420 flags. There's nothing more satisfying for me than watching people who do nothing but cry about damage farmers, get farmed by damage farmers. Edited by Llacertus

What is all of this complaining about "damage farming premades?" I don't understand it.

• It's not about having damage farming premades as teammates, because people are complaining about being farmed by them.
  • It's not about being bored of beating damage farming premades, who always lose because they don't play the objective.

The only explanation here is that damage farming premades are actually good at the game, usually win, and make bad players angry.

The only explanation here is that damage farming premades are actually good at the game, usually win, and make bad players angry.

This is exactly it. If you're good at killing the enemy players and not dying, you will perform well in PvP and your win rate will reflect it, even if someone else on your team is the one physically clicking the nodes. Bad players have been throwing matches by spam clicking nodes while people are still alive defending them and then coming to the forums to whine about "damage farmers" killing attackers off other nodes and running up kill points, since the inception of this game. They were just never taken seriously until very recently, and since that change has been reverted they probably never will be again.

I don’t hate premades but just had to say, playing Monday night (US TZ) before 7.0.2 dropped was a pretty miserable experience. I’m pretty sure people were actively trolling regs. It felt like nobody was even trying to win on either side.

I’m overall pretty happy with the wins x3 change. I think this will reduce anger over people damage farming. I’m an objectives player and play to win, but if people want to ignore objectives and have fun their way, I won’t be as mad. Mildly annoyed, but not rage quitting.

I think the 15 minute lockout needs to go, however. Especially considering we have no control over maps. I just hate Vandin and would omit that one if I could. Also voidstar is fun, but it pops too much. There are times when I wish I could temporarily omit that one as well.

I feel this game should be all about freedom and fun. If people want to damage farm or play objectives, queue solo or in a group - go have fun. If people hate a map or don’t want to stay and get farmed, let them leave without penalty. I recall in the past, so often people would rage quit and we would get a backfill with a much better player. I’m all for that. Why force people to stay and be miserable? That seems like a great way to make people quit the game.

What is all of this complaining about "damage farming premades?" I don't understand it.

• It's not about having damage farming premades as teammates, because people are complaining about being farmed by them.
  • It's not about being bored of beating damage farming premades, who always lose because they don't play the objective.

No, damage farmers hardly ever win a game. They run in herds in OPG/CTF maps, hence they can only cover one node. In HB, they stack at mid, 6-7 of them, but they totally ignore the ball: you can just waltz in there and pick it up if they are globalling someone else at the moment.

No, they are typically mediocre at the game, that's why they join regs in premade instead of going SR/TR.

No, damage farmers hardly ever win a game. They run in herds in OPG/CTF maps, hence they can only cover one node. In HB, they stack at mid, 6-7 of them, but they totally ignore the ball: you can just waltz in there and pick it up if they are globalling someone else at the moment.

No, they are typically mediocre at the game, that's why they join regs in premade instead of going SR/TR.

They don't go into solos because it doesn't pop. Players who are ranked veterans generally know more people from ranked and then they premade not because they want to bully bads, they don't want to be vs. that specidic player because then they would have to tryhard.

Damage farmers win games, why else would I win more than I lose?

• 2 weeks later...